Animtools Assistance Please? (1 Viewer)

meerkat8472

Potential Patron
Hi, I've been using animtools v28 by sby, and I've hit a brick wall so to speak. As you no doubt no, for some unknown reason, you can't use edit mode with other mods (I would have thought that you could have edit mode activate by changing a flag in the settings text file rather than activating when it's the only mod loaded, but what do I know, there's probably a reason for it). As such it is extremely difficult to figure out how changes made in animtools will affect other mods. Anyway, I've noticed that in animtools certain parameters sometimes can't be met because of other parameters and it would be really helpful to know the order of priority that it uses, in other words, which parameters are loaded first and which will override others. There has to be some sort of order to this. Also, some more detailed explaination of what each parameter actually does would be good, some of these names are confusing, yes I read the documentation, I found it a bit vague.

Also, I know I'm supposed to mention the mods I'm using along with animtools but there are several and really answers to the above questions will aid me enormously in my general understanding and that's what I really need here. Thanks in advance.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
that is a rather vast question.
the mod comes with the source code. look at that and the source of sdt itself if you want trace out what things animtools changes. then if you want to see how it affects other mods hopefully they also have source code. though i am doubtful anyone will take that kind of time.

there is a setting to turn on in-loader editing if you want to create positions with mods that mess with scaling and such

meerkat8472

Potential Patron
Okay, I tried that setting you mentioned, it doesn't seem to work. Could you explain the simpliest way to set up animtools to work with another mod as that would be very helpful.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
i have some videos in my thread that cover setting up animtools. they are a bit old but still relevant

meerkat8472

Potential Patron
Okay, that video was helpful, I figured out what went wrong. Unfortunately I've also discovered that this thing is probably beyond me. Not due to technical understanding or anything but because of my vision impairment. It's way too hard to make out all those lines and little circles and then try to figure out what they pertain to. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
Not due to technical understanding or anything but because of my vision impairment.
Does maximizing the game not help? I know the frame rate is bad but if it were not for that would that work? Or would you need a better HUD for animtools?

Also if you were trying to make a specific position yourself? You are welcome to use the request board and I'm sure someone will toss something together for you quick

meerkat8472

Potential Patron
Does maximizing the game not help? I know the frame rate is bad but if it were not for that would that work? Or would you need a better HUD for animtools?

Also if you were trying to make a specific position yourself? You are welcome to use the request board and I'm sure someone will toss something together for you quick
Well, I've maximized the game, used in-game zoom and my computers screen magnifier sofware, so no that doesn't help. The interface would have to have a lot more contrast to it. Also some labels on the little circles would help too. I know I could make requests but this was just something I was playing around with for myself.

meerkat8472

Potential Patron
Also, I'm confused as to why sometimes it won't let me change certain parameters. I click the arrows, nothing, I type in a new number and hit enter, it snaps back. I don't get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.