Dialogue line repeating endlessly (1 Viewer)

Hank East

Content Creator
I was using my own dialogue Unwilling Payment as I hadn't played with it in a while, and noticed that the following line kept endlessly repeating itself, which didn't happen before.

first_throat:"[CLOSE_EYES]He reminds me of my husbandББ.ББ.ББ.ББББББББI can't stand him."{"style":"Thought"}

As I've said, such did not happen before, and I have not edited the dialogue since I updated it for the last time here. Anyone got any idea of what might be causing this?

edgelord 3000

Content Creator
I think you've come across the exact same problem I've been battling with here. That is, if you have a Thought line next to of a bunch of Speak lines, and her mouth is full when the conditions for the line is set, the game will think "well I can't play the Speak lines since her mouth is full, so I'll play the Thought line instead". And since first_throat by nature is almost always triggered when her mouth is full, the Speak lines will never be played. There are some other Thought lines in your dialogue as well which probably triggers in the same manner.

What you could do to remedy this is to make a Speak line that points to the Thought line, then the game will wait for her mouth to become free before triggering it.

edit: also, having a high resistance will cause first_throat and first_dt to trigger several times, which might explain why it keeps happening so often.

Last edited:

Hank East

Content Creator
Ah, I see, you're most likely correct. I'll be fixing it sometime soon. Also, by high resistance, do you mean high throat or intro resistance?

Hank East

Content Creator
I have opted to remove nearly all thought and him lines post-intro, as they were all causing her speech lines to basically never fire. A shame, though I was able to slightly alter most of the thought lines into normal speech lines so it doesn't matter much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.