Dialogue Actions and Variable Arithmetic errors in Dialogue Checker (1 Viewer)

BlueZephyr

Casual Client
I thought I had a handle on this but Dialogue checker is throwing errors at me and I can't see why it won't work. It looks to me like it would but the checker is saying no. I do have the custom variables defined in the initial_settings line so that's not the problem.

struggle_set_stretch:"[SETVAR_varStrug.stretch_*( varStretch > 5 ) + ( varStretch > 10 ) + ( varStretch > 15 ) + 1*][struggle_set_girth]" {"style":"Him"}
struggle_set_stretch:"[SETVAR_varStrug.stretch_*( varStretch > 5 ) + ( varStretch > 10 ) + ( varStretch > 15 ) + 1*][struggle_set_girth]" {"style":"Him"}

struggle_set_girth:"[SETVAR_varStrug.girth_*( varInfo.girth > 5 ) + ( varInfo.girth > 10 ) + ( varInfo.girth > 15 ) + 1*][buffer_struggle]" {"style":"Him"}
struggle_set_girth:"[SETVAR_varStrug.girth_*( varInfo.girth > 5 ) + ( varInfo.girth > 10 ) + ( varInfo.girth > 15 ) + 1*][buffer_struggle]" {"style":"Him"}

buffer_struggle:"[set_struggle_*varStrug.stretch*_*varStrug.girth*]" {"style":"Him","set":{"da.pleasurePercentage":0}}

set_struggle_1_1:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":35}}
set_struggle_2_1:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":0}}
set_struggle_3_1:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":0}}
set_struggle_4_1:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":0}}
set_struggle_1_2:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":50}}
set_struggle_2_2:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":35}}
set_struggle_3_2:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":0}}
set_struggle_4_2:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":0}}
set_struggle_1_3:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":65}}
set_struggle_2_3:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":50}}
set_struggle_3_3:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":35}}
set_struggle_4_3:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":0}}
set_struggle_1_4:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":80}}
set_struggle_2_4:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":65}}
set_struggle_3_4:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":50}}
set_struggle_4_4:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":35}}

Line Usage - Major: A trigger ([set_struggle_*varStrug.stretch*_*varStrug.girth*]) on line 286 refers to a non-existing line.

Line 286: buffer_struggle:"[set_struggle_*varStrug.stretch*_*varStrug.girth*]" {"style":"Him","set":{"da.pleasurePercentage":0}}

Line Usage - Major: Line 288 is unused!

Line 288: set_struggle_1_1:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":35}}

Line Usage - Major: Line 289 is unused!

Line 289: set_struggle_2_1:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":0}}

Line Usage - Major: Line 290 is unused!

Line 290: set_struggle_3_1:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":0}}

Line Usage - Major: Line 291 is unused!

Line 291: set_struggle_4_1:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":0}}

Line Usage - Major: Line 292 is unused!

Line 292: set_struggle_1_2:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":50}}

Line Usage - Major: Line 293 is unused!

Line 293: set_struggle_2_2:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":35}}

Line Usage - Major: Line 294 is unused!

Line 294: set_struggle_3_2:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":0}}

Line Usage - Major: Line 295 is unused!

Line 295: set_struggle_4_2:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":0}}

Line Usage - Major: Line 296 is unused!

Line 296: set_struggle_1_3:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":65}}

Line Usage - Major: Line 297 is unused!

Line 297: set_struggle_2_3:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":50}}

Line Usage - Major: Line 298 is unused!

Line 298: set_struggle_3_3:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":35}}

Line Usage - Major: Line 299 is unused!

Line 299: set_struggle_4_3:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":0}}

Line Usage - Major: Line 300 is unused!

Line 300: set_struggle_1_4:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":80}}

Line Usage - Major: Line 301 is unused!

Line 301: set_struggle_2_4:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":65}}

Line Usage - Major: Line 302 is unused!

Line 302: set_struggle_3_4:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":50}}

Line Usage - Major: Line 303 is unused!

Line 303: set_struggle_4_4:"[checkresist]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStrug.throat":35}}

I did the math in my head and it seems to me I have the lines correct. The only thing I can figure out is I did the format wrong.

I did a test after writing the above and it seems the dialogue is working but the checker is having issues with it for some reason. Since the math works I'm just gonna ignore (or try to ignore) the errors the checker gives. Anyone have any insight as to what's going on?

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
I haven't written dialogue for a couple of years but the checker isn't perfect. There are some things that are just consistent false positives. While I couldn't promise you this is one of those things it does look familiar. If you ran a test and it works then you're fine. Just get in the habit of going start>suspect line and testing (as it seems you have) and you'll be fine.

BlueZephyr

Casual Client
Thanks for the info and quick response. False positives was my theory. As annoying as they are it's still better to run it anyway to see if the dialogue breaks. If it breaks, look deeper. Now I have a problem of progress bars not displaying properly. I usually get x and y mixed up so that's likely the culprit this time. I'm also checking into just having a button to display stats rather than progress bars in case the stats themselves are messed up.

BlueZephyr

Casual Client
Solved the problem with the progress bars. I don't use them much so I straight copied the triggers from the help file. It'll help to remove <> from the trigger, if using variables for the max field I still need to use **, and finally either kill progress bars or reset the loader while testing.

If anyone is interested, I'm working on a dialogue where the girl is learning to take bigger dicks. It seems to be functional now so I guess I have a working experience level system. I don't have any speaking in it but if I upload it anyone is free to insert their own story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.