Diablo 3 (1 Viewer)

HaquaFan

Casual Client
Diablo 3 (PC)
Released: May 15, 2012
Genre: Action role-playing, hack and slash, dungeon crawl
Ryona rating: 1/5

Playable female characters:

All classes have a female gender for selection.

Ryona Elements:
- No damage voice when hit, damage voice only occurs if character flinches or receives a knockback attack.
- Chances of getting character to flinch is based on amount of hits received(more hits, more chance of flinches), flinches are rare with low amounts of monsters attacking(for example 3-5 zombies). Flinch is not based on damage either(can take 25% of hp and doesn't flinch).
- Knockbacks can have varying strengths, the stronger the knockback, the further the character jumps back and/or the higher the character jumps.
- Some monsters' normal attacks have knockback effects, and the buffed monsters can gain knockback effect buffs that knockback based on a certain percentage. Other buffs monsters can gain are: Nightmarish(Monster attacks have a chance to give fear to character, makes character run away from monster(player has no control)), Teleportation and others.
- Death animations are based on the internal physic engine of Diablo III, sometimes the body explodes into pieces on death.
- Each armor parts changes the look of character(Helmet, gloves, shoes, clothes, pants actually shows).
- A grab worth mentioning is Diablo's grab where he can grab the player and hold them up in the air for a few seconds, and then thrash them on the ground.

Ryona sample:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSIRAOFfZXE - Showing mutiple deaths of wizard by skeleton archers(3 of them have knockback buff). Lots of deaths in the middle. Near the end shows a more melee type monster with neutral knockback attacks.

HaquaFan

Casual Client
Info is based on the Diablo 3 beta, I only put in the wiki the things I can confirm myself.

Ryona Elements that might be in the game: Grabs (I remember a long time ago seeing a trailer that had a boss like monster who grabbed a player and torn them to pieces), Stuns (There is a CC resistance in stat window, and it lists stuns as one of them)

Now I'm a hardcore Diablo 2 fan, so I'll be critizing a bit. My opinions of diablo 3 are:

I feel things I didn't like about it was: They put away stat distribution, it's automatic now.
No more skill points to distrbute into skill tree(there is none), skills are unlocked based on level(not as much skills as diablo 2), and you also unlock special passives(you can only choose one) based on level for each of those skills.
There are also passive skills that are unlocked by level, but you can only choose a certain amount of passive skills(You can utilized more passive skills based on level).
If you change to different skill to use, it has a cd of a couple seconds to prevent quickly changing and using it.
I didn't like most of the classes, I only liked demon hunter and wizard. Monk was ok too.
It's probably the same as starcraft 2, where you need to be online to play offline singleplayer(so bull).

Things I did like about diablo 3:
Sorceress is hot :O
Yes that's all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gannes1414

Potential Patron
I think there'll be a lot more customization once the actual game is released rather than the beta. I thought they said at Blizzcon that you were supposed to be able to put *any* rune on *any* skill.

That said, the beta was too repetitive for my tastes...I didn't play it that much but I was already getting bored of it. Also, it sucks that it's online only; the beta itself illustrated the severe problems with such a model. So many connectivity errors. Acceptable if it only affects multiplayer, but now you can't even play single player if the servers go down.

Ah, well.

onlinehero

Casual Client
I'm a little bit feared whether I will be anymore interested in this kind of ryona... time kinda went past isometric view 10 years ago.
I really liked to get killed in Diablo 1 while playing Rogue, but that was many many years ago. However, could you mention whether this has worse or better ryona than Diablo 1/Diablo2 and also how usual it is for character to flinch?

HaquaFan

Casual Client
I think there'll be a lot more customization once the actual game is released rather than the beta. I thought they said at Blizzcon that you were supposed to be able to put *any* rune on *any* skill.

That said, the beta was too repetitive for my tastes...I didn't play it that much but I was already getting bored of it. Also, it sucks that it's online only; the beta itself illustrated the severe problems with such a model. So many connectivity errors. Acceptable if it only affects multiplayer, but now you can't even play single player if the servers go down.

Ah, well.

Oh man, the error pop-ups were annoying, I tried to create a singleplayer game and it kept on giving me errors. There's even some latency problems.

I'm a little bit feared whether I will be anymore interested in this kind of ryona... time kinda went past isometric view 10 years ago.
I really liked to get killed in Diablo 1 while playing Rogue, but that was many many years ago. However, could you mention whether this has worse or better ryona than Diablo 1/Diablo2 and also how usual it is for character to flinch?

Don't worry, I'll upload a video of it soon(12 hours later if I get the chance, else tommorow) lol :P So you can see for yourself. But I think it has better ryona the fact that you can zoom in, but I still wish each normal hit would have a damage voice XD.

I'm still not sure really how the flinches are calculated, I assume a very fast attacking monster would flinch a character a lot, but really uncommon. If you have like 4-5 zombie dudes attacking your character, I think you will rarely flinch. I don't think it's based on damage either(took like 25% of my hp and didn't flinch)

Last edited by a moderator:

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Yeah I wasn't all that excited for this game for a variety of reasons, some which really have nothing to do with the game itself (like my growing hatred of Blizzard). I played Diablo 1 quite a bit but that was so long ago. Feel like the genre just sort of lost its appeal for me. In any case, I tried the beta out of curiosity and wasn't all that impressed. I have a hunch that this will really only appeal to the diehard Diablo 2 fans, but who knows.

I really saw no appeal from a ryona aspect from the content in the beta. In terms of hit animations and deaths, it seems to be pretty much the same as D1 and D2. I think the death animation might be a ragdoll effect now.

HaquaFan

Casual Client
Yeah I wasn't all that excited for this game for a variety of reasons, some which really have nothing to do with the game itself (like my growing hatred of Blizzard). I played Diablo 1 quite a bit but that was so long ago. Feel like the genre just sort of lost its appeal for me. In any case, I tried the beta out of curiosity and wasn't all that impressed. I have a hunch that this will really only appeal to the diehard Diablo 2 fans, but who knows.

I really saw no appeal from a ryona aspect from the content in the beta. In terms of hit animations and deaths, it seems to be pretty much the same as D1 and D2. I think the death animation might be a ragdoll effect now.

Guess I'm not a diehard fan XD. I played diablo 1 and 2, loved it, but I didn't really like diablo 3. Not sure if I'm gonna buy it. That auction house for selling items for real money seems too good to be true lol.

Video will be uploaded soon, 40 mins from this post. I'll update my thread/wiki when it's up.

nonniemouse

Casual Client
Yeah, was none too impressed with the beta myself. The gameplay felt very true to D2... that is, dated and tired after much imitation of a successful formula. Ryona content was lacking too; no zako enemies being my main pet peeve. On grabs, they are not part of the game as far as I can tell. From the D3 wiki: A Bashiok post has confirmed that they were specially created for the gameplay video, but the dream is to include them in the final game as well. Kind of a jerk move on their part to "demo" what is essentially fraudulent content >.>

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.