Consequences of Adobe Flash EOL (1 Viewer)

BlueZephyr

Casual Client
Ever since the roll of 2021 the update notice for Flash pops up every time I turn my computer on. I'm worried it's gonna affect how I'm able to play SDT.
Adobe Flash Update

My question is what all would be affected if I click uninstall and would the flash projector still operate after January 12th? I use Flash Projector 27 to play the loader, if that info is relevant.

Another question on my mind. Is Google Photos acceptable for sharing images on this site? It's the only image hosting I've used here, but nobody's complained about it so far. Idk how to get the post to show the image instead of just the link tho.

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
My question is what all would be affected if I click uninstall and would the flash projector still operate after January 12th? I use Flash Projector 27 to play the loader, if that info is relevant.
It is safe to uninstall Adobe Flash now. The flash projector is a standalone executable file that runs its own software. This has been the best way to run SDT for many many years as it has the best performance.

There are other projects as well on the horizon.

SDTL 2 | Undertow

[Beta] Ultimate Deepthroat Development Enviroment | Undertow

BlueZephyr

Casual Client
Thanks for the quick reply! I always worry so much when something I'm used to is going to change. Next time I get that update notification I'll just uninstall it. I assume it would just affect web browsers? It'll be a shame since I often check swfchan to see what they have, but I can live without that as long as I can have my SDT.

Looks like that SDTL 2 is still a wip so I'll keep a watch on it and see how it progresses.

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
I assume it would just affect web browsers?
That's correct, if you are used to using the projectors that come with sby's pack, that is separate software that is not installed, its just ran. You can uninstall what ever package your operating system has for your browsers.

Looks like that SDTL 2 is still a wip so I'll keep a watch on it and see how it progresses.
The drag and drop mod loading is already killer feature

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.