Comic book Zako (1 Viewer)

Deleted member 468348

Swell Supporter
You do not want to know how much I would pay to see the Brave and the Bold Ivy henchgirls again. Many make the argument that Ivy can just hypnotize guys or make plant monsters, but Ivy having a personal army of henchgirls just fits so well in my opinion.

Also if haven't, check out Jetmass's Flower Children, he's made a ton of art based of the Ivy henchgirls!
Zakoholic also did a pretty good take on Ivy's gang. I particularly like that Violet and Lily are like lieutenants now with the flower children as foot soldiers, and adding that green bodystocking under the leotard just elevates them to a whole another level. Well, not in fighting ability or anything, thankfully they're still pitifully weak.

ddc4jmr-43b73f53-a894-46ca-9180-024145c19bd7.jpg
poison_ivy___trafficking__2_by_zakoholic_ddc4jml-pre.jpg
poison_ivy___trafficking__3_by_zakoholic_ddc4jm6-pre.jpg

DarkLight98

Writer
Zakoholic also did a pretty good take on Ivy's gang. I particularly like that Violet and Lily are like lieutenants now with the flower children as foot soldiers, and adding that green bodystocking under the leotard just elevates them to a whole another level. Well, not in fighting ability or anything, thankfully they're still pitifully weak.

ddc4jmr-43b73f53-a894-46ca-9180-024145c19bd7.jpg
poison_ivy___trafficking__2_by_zakoholic_ddc4jml-pre.jpg
poison_ivy___trafficking__3_by_zakoholic_ddc4jm6-pre.jpg

I kinda forgot about this artwork, it's really good! Though it makes me wonder about costuming, since Lily and Violet wear such a different outfit compared to the other henchgirls. Probably because in their debut episode they were using a dangerous gas that affected skin, so they had to wear those outfits. From what I've gathered from previous posts, it seems your a fan of zako being weak and having high numbers it seems right?

Deleted member 468348

Swell Supporter
I kinda forgot about this artwork, it's really good! Though it makes me wonder about costuming, since Lily and Violet wear such a different outfit compared to the other henchgirls. Probably because in their debut episode they were using a dangerous gas that affected skin, so they had to wear those outfits. From what I've gathered from previous posts, it seems your a fan of zako being weak and having high numbers it seems right?
Mooks are never supposed to be a real threat to the heroes anyway, and since supervillains aren't the most logical people, it's not a stretch to imagine that they'd be hiring their henchgirls for looks rather than fighting ability, and dressing them up in skimpy tight clothes instead of equipping them with proper combat gear. Their numbers would if anything just hinder them more, because if they do decide to pile in all at once, they just get knocked or thrown into each other or hit each other with their weapons, leaving a nice stack of leggy bodies. Zakoholic is pretty good at capturing all of that in his artwork.

ivy_s_garden_by_zakoholic_ddy0t9p-pre.jpg
ivy_s__garden_2_by_zakoholic_ddy3j3u-pre.jpg

DarkLight98

Writer
Against a weaker foe, having numbers is beneficial, but against trained opponents, zako tend to go down quickly in the dozens.
I'd figure Poison Ivy would hire girls based on their devotion to her cause rather than looks or toughness, where as other villains would hire for the former. Penguin probably hired his henchgirls off of looks in this case.

(Don't have any pictures, but I quite like Zakoholic's comic with Jay Raven and Lark having a bunch of new recruits fight Batgirl)

Deleted member 468348

Swell Supporter
Against a weaker foe, having numbers is beneficial, but against trained opponents, zako tend to go down quickly in the dozens.
I'd figure Poison Ivy would hire girls based on their devotion to her cause rather than looks or toughness, where as other villains would hire for the former. Penguin probably hired his henchgirls off of looks in this case.

(Don't have any pictures, but I quite like Zakoholic's comic with Jay Raven and Lark having a bunch of new recruits fight Batgirl)
It might be funny though to have one big muscly girl in the gang, but she'd be too slow, clumsy, and stupid to actually land any hits on the heroine, who'd just be able to trick her into running head first into a wall or something. Bonus points if she ends up taking out some of her fellow girls in the process.

DarkLight98

Writer
It might be funny though to have one big muscly girl in the gang, but she'd be too slow, clumsy, and stupid to actually land any hits on the heroine, who'd just be able to trick her into running head first into a wall or something. Bonus points if she ends up taking out some of her fellow girls in the process.
That'd be a fun idea for a fight. We don't really see big muscle girls as zako often, wouldn't hurt to mix a few into the crowds of average girls!

Deleted member 468348

Swell Supporter
That'd be a fun idea for a fight. We don't really see big muscle girls as zako often, wouldn't hurt to mix a few into the crowds of average girls!
Yeah and it'd be especially good with Poison Ivy as the final boss, because she's not much of a fighter herself and has been repeatedly humiliated at the hands of a wide range of opponents. Fans of the modern Ivy hate this because, given that she has actual superpowers and most of the characters in the Bat universe don't, they think she should be one of the most powerful individuals in the setting. However, I think this kind of clashes with her thematically, because having Ivy as Gotham's Thanos or something just doesn't work for me, and I prefer the classic version of the character, who may have been more powerful than everyone else but was typically undone by her arrogance and underestimation for her opponents.

RCO014.jpg
RCO016.jpg
RCO018.jpg
RCO021.jpg

The mid 90s were actually probably my favorite era for the character, since she got to be more active and do more interesting stuff than just trying to seduce powerful men, but is still portrayed realistically and not like some kind of plant goddess. Here she is in Detective Comics #694, inexplicably trying to take on Mr. Prep Mode God himself head on, and getting knocked out once he has decided he's had enough with the chivalry and has to finish her quickly.

bv0gYcGSDN8FBaf4w0Jt2lzEZzD-DOXwqAYQ2jiQbIxOkXab5qPnl2B1D_NIe_5grAi7SSVLELRs47wuVq2hOeCqbKTMsdm3p4bRaoJO-zNVPjJQfalpFotbuD6q6PxM0CED3iXwOA=s0
mqCPnBK0YQ3C1Tbcuk8nS6GNm5-r69Ohj2L2X1vfVqUDkqVSyXhYSTxqk24YylWU2ki3TF1GaNRepbRYyR7mNGls3mGLoO-dXkNSZCTxQllPaiuEjpH6OaMYMK_AQe4iBBVXmnxqLg=s0
TVtt1oT7rHf3zPzB-YOxGEbqtWQyLFCx69M5aT73Gp1F-9twO4vWhuCTGgl3o01TLyTcelHO0bwbKDBoEM9HnRMq5YQQi6F3ePor20m43Fi7ywwXAouEFfRA0XiJM60-AROkmLfXlw=s0
PNdc7BGMnWsw5CxTyql5F8uwl3PyRlCIgX9Ct3DeCEashTxwk3C2Cg8T-72fD6dToxV6ssUe3L-KdrWZSjdX7FCWlXN2ahBavi7ZL-gmzgW9e56gW3iFZCWNXZQFieERHtilAuYa8g=s0

The 1997 Poison Ivy one-shot made to tie in with Batman and Robin gave an interesting depiction of her almost like this Bond girl who needs Batman's help against an evil megacorp. Like any good femme fatale she's just playing the victim to be able to get close enough to exact her revenge, but it's still fun to see her getting manhandled like this.

hgpUQs-kf2wh_eWwwdEZO1fOi4jOC2cqYOn7sIPricUtHzmORQMOX3-1-KuRBUoiE1k2b_J4zh5J=s1600
Jbvfhdfd82V41NC9mnU6_lrCzYFSpqRQxxOJtxFMNWTY_iA6W4Py4WrYwfVm0xKiy_EbtjlBpNyc=s1600
57VTvrSI_oSyidwsC-aRWqf11ZeG08exPlvLkTHLgRRgTMSb7E4oJZN-y0yOk_D8upUHFw2PJgMw=s1600
KHtkpEgkc3ued1wufPT8Dlf4ieYKre4NYzG1jyaL8VQqq0-SbrfFGtdQP3qIL7fO9AHhql0r8Gg7=s1600

My absolute favorite appearance of hers from this era though has to be from the Shadow of the Bat Annual #3, which is a retelling of her first ever story. In an inexplicable yet glorious panel, Ivy gets bodyslammed through a dinner table by just a regular civilian woman, and it wasn't like it was some kind of establishing character moment because this girl gets shot on the next page and disappears for the rest of the issue, though we are told that she survives. I just like the thought of the writer going "Hmm, that superpowered villainess that this entire story is written around? Yeah let's make sure to include a scene where she gets humiliated by Bruce Wayne's dinner date just to make completely clear that she poses no threat to anyone unless she's controlling their libido." Someone really oughta recreate this whole story, except with her hired goons replaced with proper zako.

DarkLight98

Writer
Yeah and it'd be especially good with Poison Ivy as the final boss, because she's not much of a fighter herself and has been repeatedly humiliated at the hands of a wide range of opponents. Fans of the modern Ivy hate this because, given that she has actual superpowers and most of the characters in the Bat universe don't, they think she should be one of the most powerful individuals in the setting. However, I think this kind of clashes with her thematically, because having Ivy as Gotham's Thanos or something just doesn't work for me, and I prefer the classic version of the character, who may have been more powerful than everyone else but was typically undone by her arrogance and underestimation for her opponents.

RCO014.jpg
RCO016.jpg
RCO018.jpg
RCO021.jpg

The mid 90s were actually probably my favorite era for the character, since she got to be more active and do more interesting stuff than just trying to seduce powerful men, but is still portrayed realistically and not like some kind of plant goddess. Here she is in Detective Comics #694, inexplicably trying to take on Mr. Prep Mode God himself head on, and getting knocked out once he has decided he's had enough with the chivalry and has to finish her quickly.

bv0gYcGSDN8FBaf4w0Jt2lzEZzD-DOXwqAYQ2jiQbIxOkXab5qPnl2B1D_NIe_5grAi7SSVLELRs47wuVq2hOeCqbKTMsdm3p4bRaoJO-zNVPjJQfalpFotbuD6q6PxM0CED3iXwOA=s0
mqCPnBK0YQ3C1Tbcuk8nS6GNm5-r69Ohj2L2X1vfVqUDkqVSyXhYSTxqk24YylWU2ki3TF1GaNRepbRYyR7mNGls3mGLoO-dXkNSZCTxQllPaiuEjpH6OaMYMK_AQe4iBBVXmnxqLg=s0
TVtt1oT7rHf3zPzB-YOxGEbqtWQyLFCx69M5aT73Gp1F-9twO4vWhuCTGgl3o01TLyTcelHO0bwbKDBoEM9HnRMq5YQQi6F3ePor20m43Fi7ywwXAouEFfRA0XiJM60-AROkmLfXlw=s0
PNdc7BGMnWsw5CxTyql5F8uwl3PyRlCIgX9Ct3DeCEashTxwk3C2Cg8T-72fD6dToxV6ssUe3L-KdrWZSjdX7FCWlXN2ahBavi7ZL-gmzgW9e56gW3iFZCWNXZQFieERHtilAuYa8g=s0

The 1997 Poison Ivy one-shot made to tie in with Batman and Robin gave an interesting depiction of her almost like this Bond girl who needs Batman's help against an evil megacorp. Like any good femme fatale she's just playing the victim to be able to get close enough to exact her revenge, but it's still fun to see her getting manhandled like this.

hgpUQs-kf2wh_eWwwdEZO1fOi4jOC2cqYOn7sIPricUtHzmORQMOX3-1-KuRBUoiE1k2b_J4zh5J=s1600
Jbvfhdfd82V41NC9mnU6_lrCzYFSpqRQxxOJtxFMNWTY_iA6W4Py4WrYwfVm0xKiy_EbtjlBpNyc=s1600
57VTvrSI_oSyidwsC-aRWqf11ZeG08exPlvLkTHLgRRgTMSb7E4oJZN-y0yOk_D8upUHFw2PJgMw=s1600
KHtkpEgkc3ued1wufPT8Dlf4ieYKre4NYzG1jyaL8VQqq0-SbrfFGtdQP3qIL7fO9AHhql0r8Gg7=s1600

My absolute favorite appearance of hers from this era though has to be from the Shadow of the Bat Annual #3, which is a retelling of her first ever story. In an inexplicable yet glorious panel, Ivy gets bodyslammed through a dinner table by just a regular civilian woman, and it wasn't like it was some kind of establishing character moment because this girl gets shot on the next page and disappears for the rest of the issue, though we are told that she survives. I just like the thought of the writer going "Hmm, that superpowered villainess that this entire story is written around? Yeah let's make sure to include a scene where she gets humiliated by Bruce Wayne's dinner date just to make completely clear that she poses no threat to anyone unless she's controlling their libido." Someone really oughta recreate this whole story, except with her hired goons replaced with proper zako.
Sweet mercy, Ivy getting slammed around by a random woman? That's something I never thought I'd see...

Out of all the Batman's villains, Ivy makes the most sense in getting handled without much issue, since without plants she really has no abilities, some henchgirls to back her up would definitely help!

Kristopher Prime

Club Regular
Sweet mercy, Ivy getting slammed around by a random woman? That's something I never thought I'd see...

Out of all the Batman's villains, Ivy makes the most sense in getting handled without much issue, since without plants she really has no abilities, some henchgirls to back her up would definitely help!
exactly. i can see superheroes like batman and batgirl taking her down with relative ease if she is without her plants, but a random woman? a bit BS. a punch to her face, i can see being enough. but bodyslamming her? a bit unlikely. even a muscular woman would likely have a difficult time doing what i think i am seeing in the picture.

Deleted member 468348

Swell Supporter
For a bit of a change of pace, here is Poison Ivy fighting against some zako for once, from Shadow of the Bat #56-58:

RCO021_w.jpg
RCO022.jpg
RCO023.jpg

The girls are Eva and Holly, twin henchbabes of Floronic Man aka Jason Woodrue. Ivy whiffs badly with a surprise attack but is able to turn the tables on them before getting ensnared when their boss shows up.

RCO019.jpg
RCO020.jpg
RCO023.jpg

Eva and Holly are pretty competent as far as henchgirls go though, as they're actually able to take down Bats, albeit with the benefit of surprise.

RCO015.jpg
RCO017.jpg
RCO018.jpg

By the finale though, order has been restored to the universe, and with the benefit of "prep time" Batman has no trouble handling the girls. Ivy manages to get away this time, though I suppose that's justified since Floronic Man was really the villain of this arc and she mostly didn't do much.

exactly. i can see superheroes like batman and batgirl taking her down with relative ease if she is without her plants, but a random woman? a bit BS. a punch to her face, i can see being enough. but bodyslamming her? a bit unlikely. even a muscular woman would likely have a difficult time doing what i think i am seeing in the picture.

It's not that implausible, Ivy might be thicc but she doesn't weigh much, and the girl states on the page that she has martial arts training while Ivy has none. So with the proper application of leverage against an opponent who is caught off-guard and doesn't know how to defend against it, executing a throw like that wouldn't be too difficult. Now I couldn't tell you why DC would want to show one of its most popular villainesses with decades of history jobbing to some ordinary no-name girl, and one that's already been poisoned at that, but I'm certainly not complaining. The only thing that would have made this scene better is if Ivy had brought a few henchgirls with her to get bowled over when she is thrown into them.

Last edited:

DarkLight98

Writer
Apparently I have a completely different understanding of the work "thicc" than you do.
In my terms thicc looks like this
magnolia__original_character__by_jettmanas_de1o1st-pre.png

Granted, I've seen thicker girls, but not as pretty!😀

On that note the last Poison Ivy zako related idea I've found was a small comic issue where some villians got sidekicks
Honeysuckle 2.JPG

Which lead to Honeysuckle, kinda interesting but nothing else I had interest in.

OTangent

Club Regular
Niku
Single-volume story set in a remote and unmapped town where all women belong to a cult of male-devouring cannibals. One henchwoman tries seducing and killing the protagonist but ends up stabbed and disemboweled to death.
139.jpg 140.jpg 141.jpg 142.jpg 143.jpg 144.jpg 145.jpg 146.jpg 147.jpg 148.jpg 161.jpg
In the end, the protagonist tries escaping but he is captured and horribly killed anyway by the main villainess when the conspiracy turns to run much deeper than he expected.
182.jpg 183.jpg 184.jpg 185.jpg 186.jpg 187.jpg 188.jpg

Niku -Danzai-
In the two volumes-long sequel, a detective investigates the disappearances and murders caused by the cannibals. Much like above, one of the henchwomen tries seducing and killing him but ends up losing both of her arms to a grinder. The guy hides nearby and appears to let the nude and armless bad girl bleed to death until the others arrive.
0086.jpg 0087.jpg 0088.jpg 0089.jpg 0090.jpg 0091.jpg 0092.jpg 0093.jpg 0094.jpg 0095.jpg 0096.jpg 0097.jpg 0098.jpg 0099.jpg 0100.jpg 0101.jpg 0102.jpg 0103.jpg 0104.jpg 0105.jpg 0106.jpg 0107.jpg 0108.jpg 0109.jpg 0111.jpg 0112.jpg 0113.jpg
This time, the main villainess is beaten and brutally executed by the new protagonist by her crimes while defenseless and half-naked.
0164.jpg 0165.jpg 0166.jpg 0167.jpg 0168.jpg 0169.jpg 0170.jpg 0171.jpg 0172.jpg 0173.jpg 0174.jpg 0175.jpg
The protagonist is haunted by both women in his nightmares later, implying the dark-skinned henchwoman did die from blood loss after all. He manages to escape from the town, but the story still ends in an inconclusive note as a pair of sinister women try to seduce the detective when he goes on vacation... Could literally every woman in the story's Japan be a cannibal cultist?
0177.jpg 0178.jpg 0179.jpg 0180.jpg

Last edited:

Pangcake22

Club Regular
came across this while looking for some Spider-woman related stuff. I thought have a goon that looks like speed racer is an interesting design.

Attachments

• 4151dadb25d7cc5052341edea406b8168b92fdc1v2_hq.jpg
    4151dadb25d7cc5052341edea406b8168b92fdc1v2_hq.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 261
  • _50021900_spgirl001001_col.jpg
    _50021900_spgirl001001_col.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 274
  • 6472.jpg
    6472.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 271
  • _50022484_spgirl001003_col.jpg
    _50022484_spgirl001003_col.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 288

OTangent

Club Regular
Hard Battle LV3
Shadow of Rome doujin about the hero slaughtering female gladiators.
imagem_2023-02-19_160225335.png imagem_2023-02-19_160233011.png imagem_2023-02-19_160244136.png imagem_2023-02-19_160253658.png imagem_2023-02-19_160302531.png imagem_2023-02-19_160309919.png

Kurozuka
imagem_2023-02-19_160858577.png
On chapter 17, a female mercenary is killed offscreen very easily despite multiple chapters of build up and is left slumped on a wall with spread legs and an exposed breast.
imagem_2023-02-19_160913764.png imagem_2023-02-19_160940189.png
On chapter 22, the female protagonist pulls a guard into her cell and beats her to death offscreen to steal her clothes. The corpse is later seen sprawled fully nude over a bed.

Last edited:

juffjuff

Swell Supporter
Hard Battle LV3
View attachment 143689View attachment 143691View attachment 143690View attachment 143693View attachment 143692View attachment 143694

Kurozuka
View attachment 143695
On chapter 17, a female mercenary is killed offscreen very easily despite multiple chapters of build up and is left slumped on a wall with spread legs and an exposed breast.
View attachment 143696View attachment 143697
On chapter 22, the female protagonist pulls a guard into her cell and beats her to death offscreen to steal her clothes. The corpse is later seen sprawled fully nude over a bed.
Always really liked the Shadow of Rome gladiatrices. I'm surprised there's not a lot of zako-centered art or videos of them. Thanks for sharing these!

juffjuff

Swell Supporter
came across this while looking for some Spider-woman related stuff. I thought have a goon that looks like speed racer is an interesting design.
Ah that's Screwball. She's some sort of villain who livestreams her exploits, and usually a C-tier Spider-Man villainess. I remember she gained some ire for a bit because of some particularly annoying side content in one of the Spider-man games. Would like to see zakos that are dressed similarly, though. Gives me a "60's spy-flick henchman" vibe. Honestly reminds me of Syndrome's henchmen from the Incredibles.

Drizzt78

Master of this Domain
Hard Battle LV3
View attachment 143689View attachment 143691View attachment 143690View attachment 143693View attachment 143692View attachment 143694

Kurozuka
View attachment 143695
View attachment 143696View attachment 143697

juffjuff

Swell Supporter
I found this comic out in the wild. Honestly runs with the sort of zako tastes I like.

I don't think I've seen this before, but I feel like I recognize the art style. I can't recall the artist, nor am I sure if the artist is the creator/author of the comic. All this could be commission. Can't seem to find any artist signature or something so I'm having difficulties verifying the creators. I'm not even entirely sure if this is the complete comic.

Can someone find and direct me to the creator(s)?
I really want to see more of this stuff.

Edit: I think the images uploaded in the wrong order, though it's just eight pages and I've named the .pngs according to what I think is the appropriate order.

Attachments

• 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    957.2 KB · Views: 399
  • 6.PNG
    6.PNG
    950.8 KB · Views: 358
  • 5.PNG
    5.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 365
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    3.7 MB · Views: 358
  • 7.PNG
    7.PNG
    922.6 KB · Views: 341
  • 8.PNG
    8.PNG
    812.9 KB · Views: 358
  • 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    3.7 MB · Views: 379
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    3.8 MB · Views: 411

Zufallx

Swell Supporter
I found this comic out in the wild. Honestly runs with the sort of zako tastes I like.

I don't think I've seen this before, but I feel like I recognize the art style. I can't recall the artist, nor am I sure if the artist is the creator/author of the comic. All this could be commission. Can't seem to find any artist signature or something so I'm having difficulties verifying the creators. I'm not even entirely sure if this is the complete comic.

Can someone find and direct me to the creator(s)?
I really want to see more of this stuff.

Edit: I think the images uploaded in the wrong order, though it's just eight pages and I've named the .pngs according to what I think is the appropriate order.
I've seen that before... Can't think of the name right now but I'll dig around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.