collecting 'normal' clothing for moreclothing (1 Viewer)

stuntcock

Content Creator
Ahoy sby sby !
Could you please think about adding these bandaged feet to moreClothing?
TIA & kind regards, Me
That file doesn't work with moreClothing because it was built as a Loader mod (rather than a vanilla import). It's not sby's fault, and asking him to add support for Loader mods would substantially increase the complexity of the moreClothing mod.

The recommended course of action is:
  • contact the original author and ask them to repackage the file
  • create a Revision thread and ask someone else to do it
Since @Mak isn't around anymore, and since the revision work was trivial, I went ahead and created a vanilla version. It's a "legwear" mod and therefore requires sby's template extension. But since you're using moreClothing, you already have the template extension installed. So you should be able to register the SWF file in moreclothingV6settings.txt and then use it in-game.

Rudgar

Content Creator
Ahoy!
Thank you, The Hacker Known As Snow The Hacker Known As Snow ! I'm glad to have both options now! :)

But alas, I have another request already: I did contact the creator already, I did leave a review and now I ask if someone else maybe is willing to spend some time to make this nice little flower necklace loadable for sby sby 's moreClothing?
Just asking ...

Thanks in advance for at least thinking about it and kind regards,
Me

Rudgar

Content Creator
... and with knowing that some request can be fulfilled by themselves. In my case, @Lago helped me with a short hint per private message - thanks on more, Lago!

But I would be me if I wouldn't have another request right away :oops::wink:

This time, it's about the widow veil.
I found the bride veil with bird cage as static as well as as dynamic hair - unfortunately both without RGB. So I'd wish that someone who's capable either extends the attached bride-veil-birdcage.swf to change its colors (for I'd dare to bet that sooner or later someone comes along asking for a RED veil - or a blue one!) or makes a swf from the attached widow-veil-birdcage.png
... preferably as a "CostumeHeadwear" so one could add to any hair, you know :oops:

Is there someone who's in the mood for this? I bet you'd make more than just one man happy with it ... :)

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
Me

Attachments

• widow-veil-birdcage.png
    widow-veil-birdcage.png
    91.7 KB · Views: 240
bride-veil-birdcage.swf
181.6 KB · Views: 213

stuntcock

Content Creator
... and with knowing that some request can be fulfilled by themselves. In my case, @Lago helped me with a short hint per private message - thanks on more, Lago!
The first letter is an uppercase "i". It's a common misunderstanding when looking at text, but the parrot image should resolve any confusion :P

This time, it's about the widow veil.
When possible, please link to the source page instead of attaching files to your posts. The latter approach should be used only if the source page has become unreliable (e.g. broken links and missing images), or if you're completely unable to find the source page.

Rationale: both of the files you've provided are raster images, which cannot be influenced by the vanilla RGB sliders. Yes, the SWF file is also a raster image -- the whole PNG has been embedded inside of the SWF. Normally this would make the request infeasible because someone would need to carefully trace the lines of the veil and then painstakingly re-create the partial-alpha fills. But there are vectors available in the original thread, which means that tracing isn't necessary. The fills will require some work (because Flash supports only linear and radial gradients) but we can deal with that.

So I'd wish that someone who's capable either extends the attached bride-veil-birdcage.swf to change its colors
That's reasonable. I'll add it to the queue.

In exchange, I'll ask for two things:
  • if you have more ideas of this kind, please post them as new Revision threads
    • we're currently "hijacking" sby's thread (which is off-topic and slightly impolite)
    • all of this discussion may trick people into believing that the converted mods are automatically going to be included in moreclothing (which isn't true)
    • after a file has been converted, you're welcome to visit this thread and ask sby to include it in moreclothing
  • please consider helping out with the resource migration project
    • Stuff by Maineim is at risk of falling into obscurity, because the thread is very old -- a new SDT user might never even discover Maineim's work
    • some of the preview/header images have decayed, but the actual hair-import files are still available
    • you could re-upload a few of those files as Resource entries, while generating new preview images (if necessary) and adding tags (blonde hair, wedding veil, etc) so that the files can more easily be discovered
    • if you'd prefer to tackle a different artist's portfolio then that's fine. There's an ongoing attempt to migrate Dante's stuff, for example.

Rudgar

Content Creator
Ahoy stuntcock,

The first letter is an uppercase "i". It's a common misunderstanding when looking at text, but the parrot image should resolve any confusion :P
*head -> wall*
I KNOW the movie.
I LOVE the movie even!
I SHOULD have known! :eek::rolleyes:
Thanks for pointing this out for me and sorry, @Iago :oops:

When possible, please link to the source page instead of attaching files to your posts. The latter approach should be used only if the source page has become unreliable (e.g. broken links and missing images), or if you're completely unable to find the source page.
I confess: I was a bit of a lazy - sorry for that, won't repeat this fault (there're enough others to commit :wink: )

Rationale: both of the files you've provided are raster images, which cannot be influenced by the vanilla RGB sliders. Yes, the SWF file is also a raster image -- the whole PNG has been embedded inside of the SWF. Normally this would make the request infeasible because someone would need to carefully trace the lines of the veil and then painstakingly re-create the partial-alpha fills.
And again I learned something new - thanks

That's reasonable. I'll add it to the queue.
Great! Thank you!

In exchange, I'll ask for two things:
  • if you have more ideas of this kind, please post them as new Revision threads
  • Wasn't aware about what these "revision" thingie is, now I know and will use it.

• we're currently "hijacking" sby's thread (which is off-topic and slightly impolite)
    • I actually thought about it and drew the wrong conclusion, because ...

[*]all of this discussion may trick people into believing that the converted mods are automatically going to be included in moreclothing (which isn't true)
      ... I stepped into exactly this trap. Now I know - and some others hopefully as well (this is why we should leave it here, hum?)

[*]after a file has been converted, you're welcome to visit this thread and ask sby to include it in moreclothing
      got this now - thanks for explaining
    [*]please consider helping out with the resource migration project
    Sure! Didn't dare to ask yet as a newbie :oops:

• Stuff by Maineim is at risk of falling into obscurity, because the thread is very old -- a new SDT user might never even discover Maineim's work
    • some of the preview/header images have decayed, but the actual hair-import files are still available
    • you could re-upload a few of those files as Resource entries, while generating new preview images (if necessary) and adding tags (blonde hair, wedding veil, etc) so that the files can more easily be discovered
    • Will help likely, I'm just not sure about how I can replublish *his* work as his entry in the Ressource Manager? We don't want to appear his stuff as mine, do we?

[*]if you'd prefer to tackle a different artist's portfolio then that's fine. There's an ongoing attempt to migrate Dante's stuff, for example.
      I can continue with this one right after having completed Maineim's mods.
Regards, Me

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.