Character Folder Saving with moreclothing Mod (1 Viewer)

kaffrey

Content Creator
So I understand how the newbie guides explain saving custom characters for the loader; placing all mods used in that character's folder. i was wondering if there is an advantage im missing by not following that method and just using the charcode. im using the moreclothing mod so all my clothes are in that folder and just using a character folder with the charcode works fine. not sure if im missing something or not. thanks

sby

Content Creator
Coder
main benefit of char folders is performance. if you have hundreds of mods only used by individual characters, you are keeping a lot of stuff loaded in the background and can lower your fps. moreclothing can be broken up to load stuff in sections as well, but it is a less used feature.

also moreclothing doesn't handle loader template mods. one big suggestion would be to take char backups in case your web browser decides to clear your local flash player data.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
mroeclothing will look for a moreclothing settings file in any other loader character folders loaded afterward, and add stuff from those to its collection. you can also use the name 'moreclothingCharSettings.txt' as a filename if you wanted them to be decernable from your normal moreclothing settings file.
any already registered names will be ignored, in case you used the same clothing piece for multiple characters.

kaffrey

Content Creator
my main objective is gaining performance at this point, and if character folders can help this, im interested. i was previously dumping all of my clothing .swf mods into my init moreclothing folder, customizing through the menus, and saving just the charcode in a character folder. with almost 500 moreclothing files, and trying another loader with less files, i can see an fps difference. after spending some time trying to figure it out, ive got it more or less down, but seeing a couple of fine tuning differences i was able to do with the init folder dump that i cant figure out how to do with a char folder with character specific .swf files.

couple questions,
when using a character folder with code.txt, Mods.txt, moreclothing.txt and the various .swf, .png, etc (let me know if im missing something), are you still able to take advantage of the moreclothingmods' different body sections (Body, Body2, Body3)? coming from originally dumping all my clothing .swf files into the init moreclothing folder, i found those sections/menu designations were helpful when fine tuning a character.
example of this: loading the earring from Bukkake Face Mod on top of the thomas cross earring Thomas Cross Earing you can do with one as a body mod. is it possible using moreclothingmod and character folders? what ends up happening is whichever one is loaded last on the mods.txt file is what ends up overwriting the first as i think theyre both CostumeEarPiercing.

part the second,
when using character folders, can you omit parts of a swf clothing mod, example: taking just the collar, or just the armbands from Bowsette Spike Bands Armwear & Collar ? (i imagine i might be able find either of these on their own, but for the sake of example). this file comes as a CostumeCollar and ComstumeArmwear i think. is it possible to only select one possible when loading clothing swf mods from character folders? I've tried editing the moreclothing.txt file in my new character folder similar to the way i did my moreclothingV7settings.txt, only adding whatever.swf=bowsettecollar:CostumeCollar to omit the armwear to no avail. not sure if im doing something wrong or if it isnt supported.

finally,
when using the moreclothingmod and a character folder, including +charcodeafterload=charcode in the moreclothing.txt character folder file, do you still need Code.txt?

im sure youve had to explain all of this at nauseam, so i do honestly appreciate the guidance sby sby .

sby

Content Creator
Coder
if you use the regular character folder Mods.txt to load mods, you do lose a lot of the extra features than if you load them with moreclothing. Mods.txt cannot choose to omit parts of the mod, and it certainly is not going to have them available on the body menus.

the moreclothing character settings file needs to be 'moreclothingCharSettings .txt' not 'moreclothing.txt'

sounds like you probably want to move moreclothing settings entries to individual moreclothingCharSettings files so the initial loading of moreclothing does not load the 500+ things. And yes if you do this, you want to move your Code.txt info inside the moreclothingCharSettings after +charcodeafterload=

kaffrey

Content Creator
got it working perfectly, thanks a lot. moreclothingcharsettings section loading is my jam now

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.