Can't delete custom saves (1 Viewer)

Greyrat

Potential Patron
Everytime I delete my custom saves they come back when I reopen the loader.Can someone help me with this?I'm using @sby's loader btw.

stuntcock

Content Creator
Everytime I delete my custom saves they come back when I reopen the loader.Can someone help me with this?I'm using @sby's loader btw.
Unable to reproduce the error with sby Loader Pack 6.

Please run the vanilla game using SDT.swf (which you'll find alongside Loader.swf). Attempt to create a custom character, then restart SDT.swf. Does the character appear in the roster? Attempt to delete the character, and restart again. Does the character vanish from the roster?

Please attempt to delete a custom character while running Loader.swf via the Flash Player projector content debugger. Let us know about any exceptions that arise.

Greyrat

Potential Patron
loaded via SDT - still there after i deleted
via debugger - yup,still there

one thing i've found interesting is when i try to move my saves around,when i restart they always go back to their original positions (oldest t o newest)

stuntcock

Content Creator
loaded via SDT - still there after i deleted
via debugger - yup,still there
This sounds a bit hasty. Please confirm that you're following the steps as written.

I don't mean that you should merely load the game differently and then check whether or not the previously deleted girl appears. You should be actually creating and saving a new character with each of these alternate methods, and then subsequently deleting them. You should be restarting the game several times with each alternate method.

one thing i've found interesting is when i try to move my saves around,when i restart they always go back to their original positions (oldest t o newest)
It's almost certainly a file IO problem. The game's code treats character-roster operations somewhat naively; it assumes success (and reorganizes the icons accordingly) and then attempts to modify the actual SharedObject stuff.

But failures involving SharedObject calls are supposed to generate exceptions, and you didn't report any. And it's very odd that you'd be able to create new characters (append operation) but not be able to delete or re-order them (splice operation).

So at this point we're mostly guessing at possible I/O complications.
  • What's your operating system?
  • Which Flash Player version are you running?
  • Are you launching the game within a virtual machine, incognito mode, dual-boot setup, or some other protected-mode shenanigans?
  • Click through the Flash Player Global Security Settings panel. If you see any "Always Block" policies then you could try switching to "Always Ask" (or add an "Allow" policy for your SDT subfolder).
You could also try uploading your ChoIrrumatio.sol file. It's possible that the file contains internal corruption or an unanticipated sorting inversion, which is somehow tripping up the SDT code. It's also possible that your file has simply grown very large (i.e. 100+ custom characters?) and your PC is refusing to allocate enough disk space for Flash Player to save the bloated file -- which would effectively put your character roster into "read only" mode.

There are some last-resort techniques that we can apply in an attempt to resolve the problem, but let's try the more conventional stuff first.

Greyrat

Potential Patron
Ok,nevermind,its fixed (and i don't understand how)
opened SDT.swf with flash player > made a new character > restarted > tried to delete character > restarted (still there) >tried to delete new character while an older character was selected > restarted (still there) > closed SDT.swf
opened loader via debugger > made a new character > restarted > tried to delete character > restarted (still there) >tried to delete new character while an older character was selected > restarted (still there)
opened SDT.swf via debugger > tried to delete a preexisting character > restarted (character successfully deleted)
opened loader with flash player> tried to delete a preexisting character > restarted (character successfully deleted).

Mineur

Content Creator
Did you use any specific clothing mods? Used a mod before that would bug my save file so I couldnt change it and every time I started SDT and loaded in the save file it would duplicate the characters, moving that specific mod to another place solved it weirdly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.