Can I make my own "T-shirt" button? (1 Viewer)

Lord_Snuggles

Potential Patron
So some of the standard characters (like Tifa and Rikku) have a little t-shirt button at the top right of their thumbnail in the scene area. Is there a way I can save a character and then add a t-shirt button to quickdress them as well?

Thank you in advance!

stuntcock

Content Creator
Is there a way I can save a character and then add a t-shirt button to quickdress them as well?
Currently: no, it's not possible.

You can propose a new game feature via the forum. But I suspect that this particular idea would probably not be implemented, because:
  • it's possible to write a Loader mod which would provide this feature, but it would make much more sense to implement it in the Loader itself.
    • implementing this feature in the Loader would be fairly straightforward. But ModGuy has not yet chosen to do so, so perhaps he considers Character.defaultCostume to be a misfeature.
    • when implementing Character Folders, ModGuy focused on increasing the customization options available to players while retaining a streamlined user experience. He could have included on-screen buttons for "load this character's face", "load this character's body", "load this character's costume", "load this character's makeup", "load this character's dialogue", etc... But he didn't do so.
  • the T-Shirt button is somewhat limited, since it allows for only two states (fully clothed, nude).
    • there's no convenient way to switch between formal attire, casual attire, sportswear, nightwear, lingerie, nude, etc...
    • by contrast, the SwitchSet mod does allow for such costume changes.
  • there are workarounds available.
    • for example: create two Character Folders named "Tifa Clothed" and "Tifa Nude". Arrange them side-by-side in your roster.

Wongjunkit

Potential Patron
I noticed certain characters have a clothing toggle button in the right corner of the thumbnail and when I clicked it, the character will wear the clothes. I was wondering how can I do this to my custom characters?

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
I noticed certain characters have a clothing toggle button in the right corner of the thumbnail and when I clicked it, the character will wear the clothes. I was wondering how can I do this to my custom characters?
That's a core feature which doesn't apply to custom characters. It requires the "designer" (i.e. @Konashion) to define a secondary charcode for the character. There's currently no mechanism by which players can do that on their own.

If you want to see that capability added for custom characters then you could try writing a Request for it. If you want more information then please see above; I've moved your post into a similar thread for the sake of tidiness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.