Bunny Ears Headwear (Dual RGB) (1 Viewer)

Tombstone

Content Creator
Okay, so this is what I'm looking for.

I started from RajasGrime's Bunny Ears Headband 1.0. (RajasGrime hasn't been seen around here for quite a few years, so I was hoping maybe someone could do this).

I cropped out the background, brought up the brightness and contrast (so it could be RGB shifted), added highlights, shading, and then broke out the inner ear from the outer ear on separate layers. I hope that this will save whoever takes this on a lot of time and work.

This is the Photoshop Document (PSD) file:
Bunny Ears Hairbandv2.psd

This is what it looks like:

Bunny%20Ears%20Hairband%20Ex0.png

This is an example of what I want to be able to do with it (the reason for the dual RGB):

All I did here, was color-shift Layer 1 to Pink and Layer 2 to Yellow. Just to give an idea.

Bunny%20Ears%20Hairband%20Ex1.png

One other thing; This should be CostumeHeadwear (not HairCostume) so that sby's headwearland v4 will be able to move it around.

Thanks for looking!

sclover13

Content Creator
Okay, so this is what I'm looking for.

I started from RajasGrime's Bunny Ears Headband 1.0. (RajasGrime hasn't been seen around here for quite a few years, so I was hoping maybe someone could do this).

I cropped out the background, brought up the brightness and contrast (so it could be RGB shifted), added highlights, shading, and then broke out the inner ear from the outer ear on separate layers. I hope that this will save whoever takes this on a lot of time and work.

This is the Photoshop Document (PSD) file:
Bunny Ears Hairbandv2.psd

This is what it looks like:

Bunny%20Ears%20Hairband%20Ex0.png

This is an example of what I want to be able to do with it (the reason for the dual RGB):

All I did here, was color-shift Layer 1 to Pink and Layer 2 to Yellow. Just to give an idea.

Bunny%20Ears%20Hairband%20Ex1.png

One other thing; This should be CostumeHeadwear (not HairCostume) so that sby's headwearland v4 will be able to move it around.

Thanks for looking!
So, you just need this mod remade on a different layer? It should be a very simple process to decompile the mod, recolor to spec, and put on the headwear layer.

Btw, for RGB shiftable the art would generally need to be SVG rather than raster so that the monotone graidnets, shadows, and highlights can sit above a fill layer. (This *can* be done in PS but it's objectively better for flash-based SDT to be vector).

Tombstone

Content Creator
So, you just need this mod remade on a different layer? It should be a very simple process to decompile the mod, recolor to spec, and put on the headwear layer.

Not exactly.

All I wanted in the beginning, was a "bunny ears" mod that is compatible with moreclothing and headwearland. But RajasGrime's original mod is mostly black, so it's not really RGB shiftable as it is. So I started changing the contrast curve to make it more gray, so RGB shifting would be visible.

The more I monkeyed around with it, the more I ended up adding highlights, shadows, and a more three-dimensional appearance, and before long it was completely different that what I had started with. At that point, I figured I've gone this far so why not separate the inner and outer ear to different layers, so they can be color-shifted separately, right?

I linked the PSD file, which has the layer for the Primary RGB slider, and the layer for the Secondary RGB slider. The two layers blend very well, even if you make clashing colors.

Now I just need someone to turn it into an SWF mod, since I have no idea how to do that.

Btw, for RGB shiftable the art would generally need to be SVG rather than raster so that the monotone graidnets, shadows, and highlights can sit above a fill layer. (This *can* be done in PS but it's objectively better for flash-based SDT to be vector).

I have observed the whole Vector vs Raster debate around here, and I'm not entirely convinced that one is "objectively" better than the other. It seems more like a matter of personal preference to me.

For my part, I have professional tools for raster graphics editing, and I'm pretty good at it (if I do say so myself). I have messed around with some freeware vector graphics editors, and they just annoy me. I am used to working with photos, and they're not intuitive for that. I can't make subtle adjustments to gradient, tone, shadow, opacity, etc., and everything always comes out looking like a Powerpoint slide. On the other hand, I can do downright magical things with PaintShopPro.

Anyways, I respect that you're on 'Team Vector', and I do appreciate that you at least took a look at it...

sclover13

Content Creator
I'll take a look at it, as well as the original mod. If the og mod isn't vector I'll pop out what you have in psd.

Regarding the vector vs raster debate. It's not a matter of which is better overall, but rather which is more appropriate for the job. Flash is a vector-based engine. Although, to be fair I use both vector and raster design software daily for my work so it's not like I'm having to learn a new skill to switch between them.

sclover13

Content Creator
So, I just downloaded the original mod and decompiled it. It is drawn in vector which means editing it and re-exporting it will be a walk in the park. Getting this working as a headwear mod will take no time at all.

Tombstone

Content Creator

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.