[PC] Boko (1 Viewer)

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
Two new videos have been uploaded; you'll find them in the download section on the blog where you can also download the games themselves.

unknown

Potential Patron
Ok, trial game released but for the complete game we need to wait more time and it isn't for free like the previous Boko games.
Enjoy ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
L

L'Eremita

same as before. I think it was enter to choose a menu and direction keys + shift for attack and direction keys for defend. It gets insane after you whittle her down to half of her hp.

Ryonassault

Ryonani Teamster
Does anyone else get an error right when the battle begins? Something about an audio thing... forces the demo to close.

"No such file or directory - Audio/SE/???"

Sounds like it has to be unzipped while in Japanese unicode. Perhaps I'll try that since his other games were like that

Update: Yes, that was the problem. If anyone else runs into this, unzipping the zip while in jap unicode should fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

L'Eremita

You should always extract zips in japanese unicode. I have yet to find an english game that has problems if you do so and japanese games always crash if you don't. Tip from the hermit, just put your computer in Japanese unicode. Only thing you will miss is your \ in some cases.

Mr. bigshot

Potential Patron
would anyone really buy this game? doesn't seem worth it. it looks like it could be something good if it wasn't so insane =w=;;;

L

L'Eremita

He asks 10 bucks. For that money, a lot of people are prepared to open their wallet to get a fine game like this, that is all about losing. But while searching through the files, I saw something interesting. Maybe the fight against the girl won't be the only option available. If what I'm thinking is right, 10 bucks is actually too low a price to pay for this.

I was beaten to it by our fine someone.

Mr. bigshot

Potential Patron
meh naw. its not worth it to me. it just annoys me even if your suppoess to lose. might as well remove the fight system and just let it be a movie. XDDbut thas just my 2 cents =w=

unknown

Potential Patron
meh naw. its not worth it to me. it just annoys me even if your suppoess to lose. might as well remove the fight system and just let it be a movie. XDDbut thas just my 2 cents =w=

It's a good and funny fighting game (very rare for the type), can like it or not, is subjective.
Personally I wait for buy it.

RGK4

Potential Patron
I'm a fan of the whole impossible aspect of the games. No matter how hard you try, she's going to dominate you in the end. It's rare to find a good game like that. I suppose I'm just the target audience. :P I personally prefer the first game (the one with the maid) over the following two, though. I like that it's entirely first-person, as that's the most enjoyable part for me, and as someone else stated, the new girl's outfit doesn't leave much to the imagination. There's such a thing as too revealing.

I'll continue to follow the guy's blog. I'm interested in what other game modes he might put in. Maybe even multiple girls. That would easily be worth $10 for me.

U

user4000

I managed to beat the second game on hard, no extra moves unlocked in the selectable moves menu. You can beat her in serious-ish mode when you use the select attack menu ( press escape on diff. menu ) I didn't bother with remembering which but you can keep asking her to spam one attack that you can easily block and counter, dealing her some damage. This way she will lose eventually and the game will crash with an error.

I did like the third games demo, seemed like a really fluid game. Gonna think about getting my hands on it once it's complete.

Aya

Potential Patron
hey im having an issue trying to extract it, if my unicode is in english it extracts fine but get that audio error, however if i try to extract it in Japanese unicode ( even if i download a new zip file ) it says there are no archives found. can you help explain to me whats going on so i can extract it? thanks for the hopeful help

Mardion

Potential Patron
I just gave the two Boko games a twirl, and I found them to be awesome! As many have said, the first is easily the most enjoyable of the two, mainly because of the first-person perspective. It was also much cooler that her hitting repertoire consists solely of kicks which show off her underwear - the second game's girl with her long dress who mostly did slaps&chops and also some low kicks wasn't nearly tantalizing enough. That's not to say that the second one was bad, as many of the holds were pretty awesome, and it was a big surprise that her kissing move leads to an instant KO. I just wish that those moves could somehow be transferred to the first game's maid instead :p

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
You can actually button mash your way out of the kiss before it turns into a KO, and she knees you in the crotch instead (which could turn into a KO of its own if your health is low, of course).

I'd love to see another game like this in first person perspective, but also with a female protagonist..

Mardion

Potential Patron
You can actually button mash your way out of the kiss before it turns into a KO, and she knees you in the crotch instead.

It even depends on when you start the button mashing, apparently, since I noticed that if I start relatively late I get the knee to the crotch you mentioned, but if I start very early, I get multiple punches to the gut instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.