[PC] Boko (1 Viewer)

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
Because I've seen several questions regarding this game popping up and it's kinda hard to find in the FIRST-PERSON Ryona GAMES thread I think this game deserves it's own thread, so:

Blog: 877
The link to the download page are at the top left corner of the blog, it's the first link of the two; password is "boko"; you'll also find various videos though many of them feature girls/moves that have not been implemented.

To play this game you have to first install RPG Maker RTP(Run Time Package): RPG Maker RTP Download | Run Time Package Download
Iirc you need to install RPG Maker XP RTP.

Currently there are two Boko games out, Ver1.06 and Ver2.08; version 2 is not an update of version 1, rather think of it as a sequel. As you may have guesses by the thread's name they have been originally posted both games are played from first person, however in the second game the camera switches to third person during holds. If you choose the default settings the girl you fight against is pretty weak and you shouldn't have much trouble beating her up; then she stands up and says she's going to fight seriously now.
If you hit the girl a short hit animation is played, and she only uses generic punches and kicks; this changes in higher difficulty levels when her attack repertoire increases and she uses more unorthodox ones, including but not limited to repetitive beating, ball busting, headscissors, breast smothering and facesitting.

Ver1.06:
t02200165_0640048010681886394.png t02200165_0640048010776601281.png
Yellow circles indicates where she'll attack you, and green circles indicates where you can attack her. Use the arrow keys to block, and press "Z" in addition to attack. To get out of an hold you have to spam the arrow keys and "Z".
Even though the player is referred to as a male there's never a visual representation of the player's character.
Options:
First screen/Continue Screen: Start Battle --- Exit
Second screen: Easy --- Normal --- Hard --- Special Move Selection Mode
Third screen: Background music 1 --- Background music 2 --- No background music

Ver2.08:
t02200165_0640048010859217038.png t02200165_0640048011566619202.png
Including to the arrow and the "Z" keys you can use "A", "S" and "D" to change the camera angle during some holds, and "W" to give up when your health reaches zero during a hold. Alternatively you can spam the arrow keys until you get out but you still get to the game over screen afterwards; I couldn't figure out if struggling out of a hold gives you another game over than giving up.
As with the first game you don't see a visual representation of the player character, however the game switches to third view during some of the holds the girl can put you in which shows both the girl and the boy you play as.
Options:
Second screen: Normal Health --- Low health --- Very low health
Third screen: Easy --- Normal --- Hard --- Serious
Fourth screen: Background music 1 --- Background music 2 --- No background music

If you run into troubles playing this game it's most likely because you haven't set your non-unicode language to Japanese, not installed to correct RPG Maker RTP or installed it incorrectly. Check http://www.undertow.club/downloadable-games/1260-common-issues-aka-i-have-problem-running-game.html, http://www.undertow.club/downloadable-games/1023-applocale-ntlea.html and http://www.undertow.club/downloadable-games/1625-ryonanixp.html for further help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
Eya having trouble with the Boko game if anyone can help me out.

Basically every time i try running the application get a "RGSS Player has stopped working" error message and application shuts down. Tried various settings inc running it by administrator.

Any help would be appreciated, after his vids am really curious to see what a boko game is like xP
Have you installed RPG Maker RTP? Are you sure you've installed it correctly?

Did a google search, maybe any of this will be of help:
"RGSS player has stopped working"
"RGSS Player has stopped working." Topic :: rpgmaker.net

giganto

Potential Patron
Im afraid im still unable to fix the issue and still get the same message, il try and list all i have done so far:
1)Downloaded rpg maker from link given in other thread and downloaded boko's 2nd game
2)Extracted bokos game and pasted RTP files into bokos game.
3)As im using vista, turned on XP compatibility mode and running it as administrator
4)Made sure to check i have RGSS103J.dll as described in those threads you googled, made sure they were in the equivalent of c:\windows\system32 (in my case its C:\Windows\SysWOW64) and even copied and pasted the file into boko folder for good measure.

Unless ive missed something, i guess using vista and/or 64bit system might have something to do about it, dunno, im really not that good with computers :(

Anyhows thanks for the help so far!

Thundragon

Potential Patron
Im afraid im still unable to fix the issue and still get the same message, il try and list all i have done so far:
1)Downloaded rpg maker from link given in other thread and downloaded boko's 2nd game
2)Extracted bokos game and pasted RTP files into bokos game.
3)As im using vista, turned on XP compatibility mode and running it as administrator
4)Made sure to check i have RGSS103J.dll as described in those threads you googled, made sure they were in the equivalent of c:\windows\system32 (in my case its C:\Windows\SysWOW64) and even copied and pasted the file into boko folder for good measure.

Unless ive missed something, i guess using vista and/or 64bit system might have something to do about it, dunno, im really not that good with computers :(

Anyhows thanks for the help so far!

I think i found your problem: you aren't supposed to put the RTP files in boko's game folder. You must install it in a separate folder, or if that does not work either then try in rpg maker's folder itself

giganto

Potential Patron
I think i found your problem: you aren't supposed to put the RTP files in boko's game folder. You must install it in a separate folder, or if that does not work either then try in rpg maker's folder itself

Righties deleted my old installation to start afresh and even redownloaded the files.
Could you elaborate on what you meant by the last part about trying in the rpg makers folder itself? When i open C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Enterbrain\RGSS3\RPGVXAce (to give full file path), i dont see an application there.

Thundragon

Potential Patron
Righties deleted my old installation to start afresh and even redownloaded the files.
Could you elaborate on what you meant by the last part about trying in the rpg makers folder itself? When i open C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Enterbrain\RGSS3\RPGVXAce (to give full file path), i dont see an application there.

I mean the same place where you installed RPG Maker, but you should first try installing it in a completely separated folder (from boko and from RPG Maker). I don't clearly remember how I installed it but I'm sure it wasn't in the game's folder

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
I've updated the description, I hope now it's clearer what the game is about.

So this is a fighting game? any girl on girl or it just beat her up and sex?
Yeah, some kind of a fighting game but the controls are very simplified. Most likely you'll only managed to beat her up on easy mode where she just crumples for a second before standing up again and turning the tables; in many Game Overs she finishes off the guy you play as.

SoraXNagisa

Potential Patron
1) I don't have any text on mine. I'm sure there's supposed to be some.

2) Holy hell, that woman's multi-kick move is damn near impossible to block. Any tips?

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
so is this a no go on mac?
Does RPG Maker RTP works on a Mac? If it does this game should, too.

1) I don't have any text on mine. I'm sure there's supposed to be some.

2) Holy hell, that woman's multi-kick move is damn near impossible to block. Any tips?
1.) Iirc the girl in the first game taunts you during her holds and the both games feature a Game Over text; it's not in English though so you have to use a translation tool like AGTH and Atlas.
2.) It follows a pattern though I never bothered to learn it; the last option at the beginning of the first game is "pick a move the girl uses".

giganto

Potential Patron
Well after litterally trying to get this to work all week, still have met nothing but failure ><
Cheers for all the help guys, but im giving up on this one.

If any of you decide to record vids of this game, ill be the first to be interested xP

----------------

Avid Affiliate
After browsing the makers page, it's clear he or she has a thing for men getting whomped on by women. Not my tastes.. Bummer I was hoping for an actual wrestling game.

Mr. bigshot

Potential Patron
i'm having a hard time finding the games. unless in clicking on something wrong i keep getting mp4 files ^^;

-edit-

wait nvm found it ^^; XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
Indeed, the game is intentionally designed to be unwinnable. I'm a little annoyed that I MUCH prefer the first version (the first person view during the holds, as well as no representation of the player lets you at least pretend you're playing a female), but the second version has much more interesting attacks!

Also, you need the RTP for RPG Maker XP-- it has nothing to do with your OS, that's just the name of that version of RPG Maker.

Someone92, can you explain how to reach the "Pick a move for her to use" thing you mentioned?

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
I rather play the first version. The second is just friggin' hard. Like, you can't even win it.
You can beat the first game?!?

Someone92, can you explain how to reach the "Pick a move for her to use" thing you mentioned?
Added this to the OP:
Ver1:
Options:
Second screen: Easy --- Normal --- Hard --- Special Move Selection Mode
Third screen: Background music 1 --- Background music 2 --- No background music

Ver2:
Options:
Second screen: Normal Health --- Low health --- Very low health
Third screen: Easy --- Normal --- Hard --- Serious
Fourth screen: Background music 1 --- Background music 2 --- No background music

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.