[PC] Boko (1 Viewer)

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
Ah.. since I don't have my language set the text wasn't appearing, so I just thought it was a bunch of pre-match dialogue. Makes sense. :)

S

Synonymous

in boko2,there are moves number 12-16 which is locked.
i just get the 16th.
can anybody help?

Ajax

Potential Patron
can someone help me find the download link on the blog? i know the original post says left top corner but i see nothing there

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
can someone help me find the download link on the blog? i know the original post says left top corner but i see nothing there
Right under "877の人" you should see two short descriptions following with a link each; the first link leads to the download page. Both links are no hyperlinks, you have to manually select, copy and paste them into your address bar of your browser (or right click and "Open in new tab", depending on your browser).
I've updated the OP, I hope it's clearer now.

SoraXNagisa

Potential Patron
What I did kind of wish for was for the 2nd game to have what the 1st game had and that was the option to choose what moves the girl does on you.

Thundragon

Potential Patron
What I did kind of wish for was for the 2nd game to have what the 1st game had and that was the option to choose what moves the girl does on you.

You can: Press escape instead of choosing an option in the second dialog when starting a game, and you will be brought to choose the girl's moves (though some moves are consequenses of previous moves so those are still random)

- - - Updated - - -

News everybody! According to what I could translate from Boko's blog, he's gonna start making a new game! He said he wanted to make a 3d scroller yet unfortunately he won't be able, so he will make one with the same formula as the other 2. He also said he'll try to increase the animations fps by using RPG Maler VX instead of XP and he will work on the models himself, so it will probably be of higher visual quality of his others.

Post here: http://ameblo.jp/boko877/entry-11504851697.html

Thundragon

Potential Patron
More news! Boko says the game's progress is about 40%, and he uploaded a youtube video to show the basic gameplay!

There are yet only normal attacks and one of the hit sounds will probably pierce your ears, but the movement looks great: the animations look more natural (and more bouncy too), and I don't have eagle eye, but it looks like the game is running at 60 fps, as it looks WAY smoother than his other games and videos.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. bigshot

Potential Patron
yeah but it looks impossiple as always. whats the point in playing something you can't even fight back in. in less you use some kind of slow down program or hack the game XD

Thundragon

Potential Patron
yeah but it looks impossiple as always. whats the point in playing something you can't even fight back in. in less you use some kind of slow down program or hack the game XD

His other 2 games had a reaction time settings, it's possible he simply set it in hard so the game wouldn't have to wait so long to show the animations

Ryonassault

Ryonani Teamster
His other 2 games had a reaction time settings, it's possible he simply set it in hard so the game wouldn't have to wait so long to show the animations

Did it!? Where? I'd like to actually win for once just to see what happens if anything. But the second round after winning once always turns into an impossible fight

Thundragon

Potential Patron
New update, Boko added a lot of screenshots from some of the girl's special moves:

必殺技の作成状況 その2

Based on Google Translate, he says he will probably release the game on June, as he had some issues with the animations on some special moves. If you click the thumbnails they'll send you to his gallery where you can see the full images

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
I wonder if the blue figure is a placeholder, or if it'll continue to use that same dopey guy he's been using.

Thundragon

Potential Patron
I wonder if the blue figure is a placeholder, or if it'll continue to use that same dopey guy he's been using.

If he actually made the girl model, I guess he'll also make at least a texture for the male character eventually. A traslucent and textureless male model would look odd aside a completely done female model

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
I just noticed that there seem to be new videos on his download page; the file name says the newest one is from 20130314 but I haven't seen some videos that were labeled as old as 20121228.

You guys might want to take a look and see if you find new gems, too. I really hope that some of the moves the girl(s) have in their repertory they'll also have in the game.

Thundragon

Potential Patron
More updates with some screenshots:
基本部分は出来てきた

He is sorry that he couldn't finish the game by June however has completed all basic moves. He has mainly left the music, SFX, voice and I think mouse gameplay (wohoo for that one), and estimates progress to be around 70%. Go to the link to check out the new moves' screenshots!

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
Man, she doesn't mess around. I do kind of miss the maid outfit-- while I wasn't a huge fan of it, the skimpy underwear just doesn't leave anything to the imagination..

Hope he finishes it soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.