BnS Mod Manager (1 Viewer)

Vextiger

Content Creator
BnS Mod Manager v1.2

Preview
2cwrbrm.png
  • Used for quickly installing or uninstalling mods compiled of batches of .upk files for Blade & Soul that are in a .zip archive.
  • Can display a preview image for the currently selected mod if the mods .zip contains a image of .jpg or .png format. (It will not be visible until the given mod has been installed at least one time.)
  • Can package a mod (folder) into a .zip archive to be shared with others.
  • The program also comes with Tinkers BnS Slider 0.2 which when you press the button for it then it will be running with admin rights automatically.
  • 1 mod archive is included with the program but it can be removed if wanted by just deleting that .zip file from the MODS folder. (The included mod is the nude mod from CradleOfFear here.)
v1.2 changes log
  • Now uses the newest version of Tinkers Sliders you will have to manually remove the older files for it to use the newer ones. Remove both config.xml and BnS Slider Mod.exe
v1.1 changes log
  • No longer is the nude mod inside the .exe of this program so now the .exe is only around 3mb total.
  • Fixed Tinkers BnS Slider .xml address to the currently working one he provided.
  • Obviously the program can now handle more then just 1 mod but there is not many out yet.
Tinkers Notes for using BnS Slider 0.1b
The program is an alternative to xml.dat for modifying slider limits. Rather than changing min/max values in xml.dat before the game loads, it modifies them in memory while the game is running.

Keep in mind that it edits the exact same values as xml.dat. It does not change the size of the corresponding body part, it simply edits the minimum and maximum limits. If your character has a slider set to 0, editing min/max won't do anything.

Reasons to use this over xml.dat:
-Editing slider limits is faster and doesn't require restarting the game and repacking xml.dat each time
-You can deal with different outfit scalings by modifying values when you change costume
-You can use the normal B&S launcher. No need for steam/.bat/alternative launch method.
-Higher chance of working across patches.

Downsides:
-You have to open the tool each time you play B&S.

Usage:
-Run as admin
-Have it open along with B&S. If you open B&S first, it should detect the process automatically. If it doesn't or you start the tool first, hit refresh to detect it.
-Select the race+gender to modify.
-Edit the values you want.
-Make the game reload that portion of your body to see the change. You can change equipment, move the corresponding slider in character creation, go to character select and back, etc.
-If you want to restart B&S, you can simply restart the game and hit refresh to detect the process again. It should update B&S with whatever values were set.
-You can save/load profiles via the file menu to skip changing values each time you run the program. -For now, if you want to load a profile automatically, go to config.xml and set <DefaultProfile> to whichever file you want it to load. I'll be adding a setting for it later.

Known issues:
-This won't work along with a modified xml.dat that has the first body record edited.
-I'm not sure it's scanning a large enough memory range. If it doesn't detect the process but B&S is open, try restarting the game.
-There may be issues using decimals for regions that use comma(,) instead of period(.). Expected behavior is for periods to work as decimals, and commas to be ignored. So 3.5=3.5 while 3,5=35. Need more info on this.

If you run into any problems/bugs, or just have suggestions let me know!

Not Running Properly?
If you have any trouble with the program not functioning properly then make sure that you have this framework installed.

My Other Notes
I know there is not much mods that this can work with at the moment but I have heard that tools are in the works to make mods with the .upk files so this tool may become more useful in the near future.

If you have any ideas of features you want added or spot something that needs fixed or changed let me know.

Attachments

BnS Mod Manager v1.2.zip
13.5 MB · Views: 1,261

Last edited:
K

Krohnan

once i download and extract this mod manager what do i with the files? Do i just put it on my desk top or in the BnS folder?

nvm, got it

Last edited by a moderator:

Nejjin

Vivacious Visitor
once i download and extract this mod manager what do i with the files? Do i just put it on my desk top or in the BnS folder?

nvm, got it
Could you tell us how to make this work, the mod doesn't have any instructions and you were right to ask where to place the files, that is often make or break. Thanks

NightSage

Potential Patron
Could Someone make a readmefordumbasses file lol that explains where we have to put everything and what we have to do to get it to work.

Vextiger

Content Creator
Could you tell us how to make this work, the mod doesn't have any instructions and you were right to ask where to place the files, that is often make or break. Thanks

Well you can put the files anywhere you want so long as you keep them together so you need the .exe and the MODS folder to both be in the same location it can be any location. I keep mine in the same folder as my games but you can put them where ever you like.

Could Someone make a readmefordumbasses file lol that explains where we have to put everything and what we have to do to get it to work.
I might make a better readme later on but at the moment there is only a few mods that even go for this game that make use of the .upk files. If your making a mod though then you just need to put it into a .zip and including a .jpeg or .png in the .zip for a preview if you want the preview. If you use my packager to zip your mods files then just put all the mod files into a folder and name that folder your mods name then in my program select that folder to put the mod into the .zip. Preview images names don't matter they can be whatever you want it will change automatically to what is needed for my program to use it. I hope this can help you and if your just here to use others mods then just read the features in my top post it covers everything pretty well. Also make to check the change logs if your a returning uses because some things may need manually done.

chibimafia

Potential Patron
Hello there! This Mod is working very perfect for every character so far, including having the bottom part (which i mainly like a lot), but the only female characters that doesn't seem to have the bottom part or the b#thole part are the Gon only, and the rest of the others (such as Yun,Jin) are perfectly fine with having the bottom part also. Is it possible to put the bottom part with the b#thole also for the Gon characters for this mod? Sorry if I'm just saying bottom part, meaning the p##sy part lol. I give my thanks!

Y

Yùànwen

Is this mod only available to 32x bits? Because, I am using a 64x bits computer and it seem to say error when I log in the game then crashes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.