BnS Costume Mods for use with UPK Manager (1 Viewer)

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
The idea of my modding style is to take costumes and try to make them more sexy and revealing.

In BnS each costume come with its' own basebody and the amount of clipping done by the devs varies a lot, so some costumes can be modded really well whilst others just leave holes all over the basebody skin texture.
I've no tools to fix clipping, so the costumes I can successfully mod are limited.

stricq's brilliant UPK Manager allows modded costume texture files to be rebuilt into the game, so all the mods I'm providing here are for use with this tool.

If you're not familiar with this, please read this topic Help needed - Blade & Soul NA/EU costume modding, then you can get the tool from UPK Manager

Follow the instructions to set up and use the tool, it's been explained pretty clearly in the above topic.
To ensure the game remains stable when using costume mods, it's also recommended to use BnSArk with "Disable Texture Streaming" enabled. You can get it from [Open Source] Blade and Soul Army Knife v1.5 - Blade & Soul Dojo.

Finding the costume files to mod them at the moment is a slow process, but here's the first few I've been able to complete:

Gon Profane Shroud
60074_GonF_col1_D.7z
djoqPQM.jpg

Gon Jiangshi Raiment
60046_GonF_D.7z
Dmu0kHf.jpg

Gon Golden Deva
60047_GonF_D.7z
FuBkV4f.jpg

Gon Transcendence
70003_GonF_Col1_D.7z
fe3pSGk.jpg

Jin Ivory Bird
80013_JinF_D.7z
h4YdaPq.jpg

Jin Jiangshi Raiment
60046_JinF_D.7z
60YACQA.jpg

Yun Pure White
10036_KunN_col1_D.7z
KOnkAfa.jpg

Yun Jiangshit Raiment
60046_KunN_D.7z
PtZAT4T.jpg

I'll add more when they're ready.

Attachments

10036_KunN_col1_D.7z
126 KB · Views: 710

60046_GonF_D.7z
138.4 KB · Views: 438

60046_JinF_D.7z
27.3 KB · Views: 488

60046_KunN_D.7z
51.4 KB · Views: 458

60074_GonF_col1_D.7z
176.8 KB · Views: 932

80013_JinF_D.7z
123.7 KB · Views: 625

60047_GonF_D.7z
72.3 KB · Views: 413

70003_GonF_Col1_D.7z
497.8 KB · Views: 554

Last edited:

Rwby

Potential Patron
A quick question: After I edited the dds texture, I restarted UPK Manager, select the folder in the rebuild tab and then select rebuild selected exports, but when I open the game using BnSArk, nothing happened... did I do something wrong? (I checked the CookedPC folder and it has both loading and mod folder).

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
A quick question: After I edited the dds texture, I restarted UPK Manager, select the folder in the rebuild tab and then select rebuild selected exports, but when I open the game using BnSArk, nothing happened... did I do something wrong? (I checked the CookedPC folder and it has both loading and mod folder).
You should ask this question @ stricq since I'm just a texture modder, plus I'm always messing up folders and doing things incorrectly when I first use tools created by the likes of him.
To me it sounds as if you haven't placed your modded texture in the right folder and the tool is simply rebuilding the original texture.

Rwby

Potential Patron
You should ask this question @ stricq since I'm just a texture modder, plus I'm always messing up folders and doing things incorrectly when I first use tools created by the likes of him.
To me it sounds as if you haven't placed your modded texture in the right folder and the tool is simply rebuilding the original texture.
Figured it out!
Can i ask another question?
Those places i deleted in the texture became black when using it, do i need to find a full body texture and replace it rather than deleted the outfit texture? If so,then i can only find the full body texture of JinF ( Yura's in 1 cut-screen) but i can't seems to find Yun's, Lyn's, etc.. Do you have it? Or is there another way?
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Figured it out!
Can i ask another question?
Those places i deleted in the texture became black when using it, do i need to find a full body texture and replace it rather than deleted the outfit texture? If so,then i can only find the full body texture of JinF ( Yura's in 1 cut-screen) but i can't seems to find Yun's, Lyn's, etc.. Do you have it? Or is there another way?
Thank you in advance.
I'm not really sure from what you've said what you're trying to do.
In BnS every costume comes with a basebody texture included, at least as much of the basebody as is needed under the costume. So there's a different texture file for every race as well as a different basebody for every costume, which explains why the bodies change shape a bit depending on what's being worn.
In many cases the basebody isn't drawn at all for parts of the body that would be fully covered, so stripping away material often just makes holes in the character. You cannot replace that missing skin texture.
Even in parts where there is skin texture underneath, they have tended to darken the skin that gets exposed when you strip away the material, but those parts at least you can over-paint with skin colour to make the mod look ok.

Rwby

Potential Patron
I'm not really sure from what you've said what you're trying to do.
In BnS every costume comes with a basebody texture included, at least as much of the basebody as is needed under the costume. So there's a different texture file for every race as well as a different basebody for every costume, which explains why the bodies change shape a bit depending on what's being worn.
In many cases the basebody isn't drawn at all for parts of the body that would be fully covered, so stripping away material often just makes holes in the character. You cannot replace that missing skin texture.
Even in parts where there is skin texture underneath, they have tended to darken the skin that gets exposed when you strip away the material, but those parts at least you can over-paint with skin colour to make the mod look ok.
After messing around with it for a while i realize that i can only re-colour the outfit but not change it.I can do so far as recolour the outfit to skin colour. I replaced the deleted texture to backround colour, if i just delete it, it just turn into black and the resolution get worse with every texture i edited.
Is those file only the colour of the texture? If so, where can i find the texture itself?
Or did i just edited it the wrong way?

Last edited:

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
After messing around with it for a while i realize that i can only re-colour the outfit but not change it.I can do so far as recolour the outfit to skin colour. I replaced the deleted texture to backround colour, if i just delete it, it just turn into black and the resolution get worse with every texyure i edited.
Is those file only the colour of the texture? If so, where can i find the texture itself?
Or did i just edited it the wrong way?

In BnS it's only necessary to edit one texture file per costume (in other games it can be more), so it sounds as if you're working on the right files but perhaps not editing correctly.
I recommend using Paint.net for editing DDS files, it does everything you need to cleanly and also happens to be completely free.

Rwby

Potential Patron
In BnS it's only necessary to edit one texture file per costume (in other games it can be more), so it sounds as if you're working on the right files but perhaps not editing correctly.
I recommend using Paint.net for editing DDS files, it does everything you need to cleanly and also happens to be completely free.
Yes, i edited the texture by Paint.net
For example if i edit the JinF Deva outfit (00012128) which texture should i edit? (D,M,N,S)
If you have time, would you mind explaining me what are those M,N,S texture for and how will edited it impact in-game visual? (Because to me, it just decrease the whole oufit's resolution).

galathil2

Potential Patron
Does this method work on Win 10 by chance? Last I saw earlier this year was nothing working on 10 - only other versions of Windows.

alex_x

Vivacious Visitor
hi guys, this is a question to any of you who got a custom edited texture to load in the game without having it crash,
simply,
what settings to save the dds on?
I use paint.net and i tried using the following
DX5,
iterative fit compression,
perceprual error metric,
and generate mipmaps via supersampling.

any ideas???

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
hi guys, this is a question to any of you who got a custom edited texture to load in the game without having it crash,
simply,
what settings to save the dds on?
I use paint.net and i tried using the following
DX5,
iterative fit compression,
perceprual error metric,
and generate mipmaps via supersampling.

any ideas???

Those are the same settings I use with the addition of a check in the box for "Weight Color by Alpha".
You're going to crash frequently unless you're using BnSArk to load your game client with "Disable Texture Streaming" enabled.

alex_x

Vivacious Visitor
Those are the same settings I use with the addition of a check in the box for "Weight Color by Alpha".
You're going to crash frequently unless you're using BnSArk to load your game client with "Disable Texture Streaming" enabled.

now that is one interesting notion that i didnt know.
i will check it out.
thx for the reply

stricq

Club Regular
is there a way to rebuild upk with more dds than default? i want to test something out.

No, and it doesn't make sense to do so. You would have to have other parts of other UPK files that point to your new DDS images and that can't be done with UPK Manager. Essentially you would need the full Unreal Engine software suite to make changes like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.