Black Desert Online Modding Tools (1 Viewer)

posidondiplo

Potential Patron
Sorry, dont mean to necro this thread.

BUT has anyone come up with any meaningful way to read the contents of .bss files? I have straight up not been able to get the files converted into readable format to save my life.

I have followed what Garkin has said about the byte placement but the files look like they still are encrypted even though ive run them through the ICE decryption algo.

The steps ive tried:
- Ice decrypt -> attempt to use zlib to uncompress (this doesnt seem to work with compression method 85 though)
- Decompress (again method 85) -> Decrypt with ice. (this seems to work, but doesnt give any meaningful data output that can be used in any way. )

Following the sense that the file will at some point have a byte that will determine its UTF encoding (8 or 16) I havnt been able to get MOST of the .bss files into readable format.

What I am trying to do:
I want to get the full database of items in the game, particularly values for icons and what not. I want to use them to make a spreadsheet calculator for my grind sessions.

Any assistance you guys can provide would be mindblowingly awesome!

MaxTheMiracle

Potential Patron
can anyone help me, ver 1.3 extract the files, but 1.4 NS 1.4B DOES NOT EXTRACT IF I SELECT THE CHARACTER FOLDR AND ALL THE RELATED AROR FILES, WHATS THE DEAL?

Dowjonsie

Potential Patron
Black Desert Online 3D Model Export / Import Tool

Thanks to IndigoDesert now it's possible to export .pac files open them on any 3D Editor like blender, edit them, and then re-import them back to the game.

The process is very simple, and I'm going to try to make the explanation as simple as possible with a lot of images to guide you through the process.

Here we go:
  1. Download Paz Browser and extract ALL THE FILES from the .zip file to: "Black Desert Online\Paz\"
  2. Open your "Paz" folder and run "paz_browser.exe"
  3. Find the .pac file you want to edit and press ENTER to extract and preview the file (Don't close the window that open with the extracted files)

For the nude body models, using the menus, go to "Your class->Body Mesh":

Here's the list of the nude body models files of each class:
    • Sorceress : phw_00_nude_0001_noalpha.pac
    • Ranger : pew_00_nude_0001_noalpha.pac
    • Tamer : pbw_00_nude_0001.pac
    • Valkyrie : pvw_00_nude_0001.pac
    • Valkyrie : pvw_00_nude_0001.pac
    • Witch : pww_00_nude_0001.pac
    • Kunoichi : pnw_00_nude_0001.pac
    • Dark Knight : pdw_00_nude_0001.pac
    • Plum(Maehwa) : pkww_00_nude_0002.pac
    • Warrior : phm_00_nude_0001.pac
    • Berserker : pgm_00_nude_0001.pac
    • Blader(Musa) : pkm_00_nude_0001.pac
    • Wizard : pwm_00_nude_0001.pac
    • Ninja : pnm_00_nude_0001.pac
  4. Download PAC_to_DAE_Converter_v2.zip and extract all the content to the same folder that contains the .pac file (The folder the program opened after extracting the .pac file)

5. Right click "pac_to_dae.bat" and then click "Edit"

6. Replace "PAC_FILE_NAME.pac" with the name of the .pac file you are trying to extract. Also, replace "CLASSPREFIX" with the first 3 letters of the pac file you are converting:
    E.g: If the pac file name is: phw_00_nude_0001_noalpha.pac, replace "CLASSPREFIX_01.pab" with "phw_01.pab"

7. Save the file and run "pac_to_dae.bat". 3 new files will be created in this folder:
    - Each .pac file has 3 "Level of Detail" (LOD) foles.
    - When you convert it to .dae, it separates it in 3 different files:
    • lod0 is the one with more details
    • lod3 is the one with less details.

8. Open up Blender or any other 3D Editing software, and go to "File->Import->Collada (default) (.dae)" and find your .dae files.

9. When you are done editing, go to "File->Export->Collada (default) (.dae)" and replace the original file.

10. Now go back to your folder, right click "dae_to_pac.bat" and click on "Edit".

11. Do the same thing you did before, but replace "DAE_FILE_NAME.dae" with the ".dae" file name you just edited and exported, "PAC_FILE_NAME.pac" with the original .pac file name, and "CLASSPREFIX" again with the first 3 letters of the .pac

Note: If you want all the "Level of Detail" to use the same mesh that you just edited, add "-replaceAllLOD" before the "-r"
  12. Run "dae_to_pac.bat"
  13. Now download Meta Injector and extract all the files to: "Black Desert Online\Paz\"
  14. Place the .pac file you just created into "Black Desert Online\Paz\files_to_patch\"
  15. Run "meta_injector.exe"
  16. Choose "Run Injector" and "Let the program decide where they should go."
If you make new modifications, you have to go through the whole process again, including injecting it with the Meta Injector.
I had attempted this but when importing the .dae file to blender, I get a texcood error on line 46 column 24. Any work around?

Helixbars

Potential Patron
Sorry to bump the thread, but I am having the same error as the person above me and I cannot seem to find any workaround.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    30 KB · Views: 280

ulfberth

Potential Patron
Updated to include switches mentioned in the readme.txt file. Also I include all the files this time around. Sorry, I am new to this release thing, but I think I got everything this time around.

Let me know if there is anything else. Thanks

View attachment 77349
There's is a issue with your program, its using the wrong bone naming so the exported model has no weights/bones at all. Note how it is

bones/pbw _01.pab instead of pbw_01.pab

I really like your GUI and would make my workflow a lot better if you manage to fix this

LOLLOL95

3D Artist
hi, may be those is necro, but i have a question, when i tried to pac to dae mesh like weapon program didn't do anything, may be somebody know how to porting weapons?

suzu ( 鈴

Content Creator
3D Artist
Modder
My desire is for pacTool to be complete.
I can't get rid of the frustration of merging UV-separated meshes in editing, only to have them separated when imported into a PAC file.

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator
PACtool v1.4.0 (requires VC++ redist 2013)
  • Added the -refAllBones command for Collada (DAE) exports, which includes a reference to all bones in the exported mesh (as opposed to just the ones in use by the mesh), which prevents the skeleton corruption during import to Blender and 3ds Max.
  • Added support for reading Tangent and Bitangent data during Collada (DAE) imports, skipping the TBN generation process, yielding vastly more accurate importing of normals (error margin typically less than 1%), which fixes issues such as visible seams and black spots in-game. If the TBN generation process is desired for any reason, this behavior can be reverted by using the command -skipImportedTBN.
    NOTE: Blender and 3ds Max do not export this data by default nor do they offer the option to, a Blender addon is available from here that will export with all the data for an ideal conversion back to pac. The addon requires Blender version 3.0.1 or newer.
  • Fixed multiple import reading errors (the source of "position too high" messages).
  • Exporting to Collada (DAE) will now also include Tangent and Bitangent data.
  • The commands -mergeNearbyTBNs and -gramSchmidt were previously on by default, they're now off by default.
  • Added a re-made TBN calculation process which can be activated with the command -newTBNCalc, the results are similar to using the commands -mergeNearbyTBNs and -gramSchmidt together but may slightly differ for better or worse.
  • Added command -uniqueNormals as an alias for -uniqueNormalVerticies (both commands will work).

Another thing of note: Blender versions prior to 3.4.0 (currently in alpha) re-calculate normals instead of reading the values from imported Collada files, this causes seams and other issues, it's recommended you download Blender 3.4.0 from Blender Builds - blender.org

This update took quite a bit of research and testing to get right, a big shoutout to aizen53 aizen53 for helping me test countless variations until I managed to make it all work.

Attachments

PACtool 1.4.0.zip
40.9 KB · Views: 230

Last edited:

Omega-Ryu

3D Artist
Animator
Has anyone been able to find how the char editor adjusts the meshes/bodies?
So we can find out the min/max value on the sliders and export our custom char backup and use the values from that file to re-create our custom char in blender, 3dmax or maya.

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator
PACtool v1.4.1 (requires VC++ redist 2013)
  • Added the command -texture <name>, used to rename the texture associated with the mesh that is replaced during import. Cannot be longer than 255 characters.
  • Enforced unique verticles for tangents/bitangents when importing.
  • Multiple UV arrays will now be merged when their sizes match (Blender "join").
  • Better feedback when skipping TBN generation in favor of embedded TBN data.
  • Better feedback for certain errors.
  • Tweaked help text.

Attachments

PACtool 1.4.1.zip
42.1 KB · Views: 126

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator
PACtool v1.4.2 (requires VC++ redist 2013)
  • Undo "unique verticles for tangents/bitangents" due to unintended results. If this behavior is desired it can be activated manually with the commands -uniqueTangents and -uniqueBitangents.

Attachments

PACtool 1.4.2.zip
42.2 KB · Views: 124

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator
PACtool v1.4.3 (requires VC++ redist 2013)
  • Attempt to enforce UTF8 encoding when writing DAE.
  • Force rename bone hash 313785272 to PHW_COM_Tool_0371_313785272 due to a name with bad encoding (fixes exporting with Dark Knight skeleton).

Attachments

PACtool 1.4.3.zip
42.3 KB · Views: 136

UndercoverPervert

Content Creator
PACtool v1.4.4 (requires VC++ redist 2013)
  • Force rename all bone names that start with PHW_COM_Tool_0371_ due to bad encoding (fixes issues with Valkyrie and Guardian).

Attachments

PACtool 1.4.4.zip
42.1 KB · Views: 429

PiotrAndreevich

3D Artist
Animator
Designer
Writer
You could me help?
On part i'm run the PAZ Browser the program identify approximately 16k archive blocked and most the neoalpha of caracter, including pfw24 (corsair), don't show. I belive this is no normal, because when I use PAC_to_DAE_Converter_v3 he don't created the archives to open in Blender.

Other problems: In the first step (Meta Injector and BDO Tool), after I run Meta Injector, he don't found any Pad archive from BDO.

I tried diverse forms to make he found the archives, but don't work.
In PAC_to_DAE_Converter_v3, I arrived put one archive calling "pfw****.pab" in folder bones, but he no show me any result or archives to open in Blender.

Is necessary make the first part (Meta Injector and BDO Tool) just to stract all caracter's? My idea is just make some animations, I do not want change my game.

Last edited:

paopu

Casual Client
Your could me help?
On part i'm run the PAZ Browser the program identify approximately 16k archive blocked and most the neoalpha of caracter, including pfw24 (corsair), don't show. I belive this is no normal, because when I use PAC_to_DAE_Converter_v3 he don't created the archives to open in Blender.

Other problems: In the first step (Meta Injector and BDO Tool), after I run Meta Injector, he don't found any Pad archive from BDO.

I tried diverse forms to make he found the archives, but don't work.
In PAZ Browser, I arrived put one archive calling "pfw****.pab" in folder bones, but he no show me any result or archives to open in Blender.

Is necessary make the first part (Meta Injector and BDO Tool) just to stract all caracter's? My idea is just make some animations, I do not want change my game.

The PAC_to_DAE_Converter has a outdated PACTool.exe (1.2.1, I think). Just download last PACTool version (1.4.4) in this thread and you'll be able to convert dae files.

I'm not sure about the rest of your question. PAZ Browser is able to locate all pac file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.