Black Desert Online Modding Tools (3 Viewers)

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
You need to select smoothing , its somewhere there in viewport options
I am pulling my hair out trying to find it! I know how to do a smooth modifier, but that messes up the final model in game.

EDIT: Okay so after updating to new pactool I get a smooth mesh in 3Ds Max. However the new pac tool causes 3sd max 2018 to crash upon export. No big deal, 2017 works fine.

Can anyone recommend some tutorials that would help all of us learn how to edit these models? I am taking an online course on 3Ds max, but find the stuff I learn not too useful when editing BDO models.

I actually have been watching some Skyrim 3Ds Max tutorials and they have been more helpful, but are often too specific to Skyrim.

Any recommendations are much appreciated.

Last edited:

tangerina123

Potential Patron
Hey everyone!

Once again i'm im trouble. Did you guys try to get the stringtable from SA server? The file extractor unpacks everything except this and some other folders... I've got all paths and it's indeed missing it... All it has is some stringtablr/kr/temp stuff which is not what i'm looking for. Am i missing something?

w7cDZzG.png

Last edited:

Garkin

Avid Affiliate
Hey everyone!

Once again i'm im trouble. Did you guys try to get the stringtable from SA server? The file extractor unpacks everything except this and some other folders... I've got all paths and it's indeed missing it... All it has is some stringtablr/kr/temp stuff which is not what i'm looking for. Am i missing something?

w7cDZzG.png
I'm not sure about SA, but NA/EU version has texts stored as <game folder>\ads\languagedata_??.loc.
Tools for decrypting / encrypting those .loc files are attached.

Attachments

BDOcrypt_v1.0.zip
44.7 KB · Views: 225

Last edited:

tangerina123

Potential Patron
I'm not sure about SA, but NA/EU version has texts stored as <game folder>\ads\languagedata_??.loc.
Tools for decrypting / encrypting those .loc files are attached.
Just found it, SA changed to this folder last patch too hehe.
Thank you very much for this decrypt!

But now i'm totally confused how they're organizing this file... does it have a xlsm version or just this .txt now?

Garkin

Avid Affiliate
T tangerina123
Tab separated data in UTF-8 (no BOM) encoding. It can be easily imported into any spreadsheet editor like MS Excel, Google Sheets, ... But there can be a bit problematic export - MS Excel adds double quotes to exported texts, so you'll need to remove them in text editor (like Notepad++). Export from Google Sheets worked better.
If you want a simple tool which can replace texts in those files, take a look on my set of tools used in Guild Quest Mod (BDO_GuildQuestMod_2.0.zip).

Captain Si

Vivacious Visitor
Hello everyone when ever I try to run meta injector my game Black Desert online does not want to run not sure what I'm doing wrong anybody has any ID but help would be great Lee appreciated and thanks to everyone who is trying to help

Captain Si

Vivacious Visitor
Hello everyone when I try to run both meta injector and resorepless I get this message this file is corrupt I have no idea which I do not know which file it is it says if it persists please run the fire recovery from the launcher ?

telos

Potential Patron
Does anyone know if it's possible to export our own custom characters to Blender? The location of the CustomizationData files are at C:\Users\your_computer_name\Documents\Black Desert\Customization

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
Does anyone know if it's possible to export our own custom characters to Blender? The location of the CustomizationData files are at C:\Users\your_computer_name\Documents\Black Desert\Customization

That would be amazing. Editing the default head and then checking in game to see if my custom head still looks ok is pretty hard. However I doubt it actually a mesh, I think its just a code of adjusted presets. If there is a way I want to know about it too.

Saga

Potential Patron
How did you do that? Can you teach me? Do you know how to decrypt bytes like quickbms using C?
The 256k bytes I skipped it's because I cannot make any sense of any of those bytes. If I use the same decryptio key, it doesn't give me anything and if I read them as integers, they only give me negative numbers.
Some guy said here they are half precision floats, but I haven't tried that yet and I'm not sure they will give the the same file structure as my "FileBlock" structure.

Olá. A um tempo tenho buscado alternativas para traduzir o BD Coreano desde que não foi mais possível usar o languagedata na pasta prestringtable. Eu to jogando traduzido no momento com 90% dos textos em inglês inserindo diretamente no paz 792 os textos a cada atualização, respeitando o offset e o tamanho setado no meta. Porém, queria abranger a tradução com os novos conteúdo do jogo que sai a cada atualização. Os chineses aparentemente conseguem fazer o repacker dos paz. Eu não chego a sonha com isso. Mas assim como o Miau Lightouch mostrou na mensagem com duas imagens do hexadecimal criptografado e não criptografado. É possível criar uma ferramenta que eu consiga descriptografar os textos do bexcel dentro do paz 792? sem extrair. E se é muito dificil fazer o inverso, re-criptografar para inserir novamente no offset correto no paz 792.

Translate:
Hello. At one time I have looked for alternatives to translate the Korean BD since it was no longer possible to use languagedata in the prestringtable folder. I'm currently translating with 90% of the English texts inserting texts directly into paz 792 with each update, respecting the offset and size set in the Meta. However, I wanted to cover the translation with the new content of the game that comes out with each update. The Chinese seem to be able to do the paz repacker. I do not get to dream about it. But just as the Lightouch Meow showed in the message with two images of encrypted and decrypted hexadecimal. Is it possible to create a tool that I can decrypt the bexcel texts within paz 792 without extracting?. And if it is very difficult to do the reverse, re-encrypt to insert again at the correct offset in paz 792.

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Olá. A um tempo tenho buscado alternativas para traduzir o BD Coreano desde que não foi mais possível usar o languagedata na pasta prestringtable. Eu to jogando traduzido no momento com 90% dos textos em inglês inserindo diretamente no paz 792 os textos a cada atualização, respeitando o offset e o tamanho setado no meta. Porém, queria abranger a tradução com os novos conteúdo do jogo que sai a cada atualização. Os chineses aparentemente conseguem fazer o repacker dos paz. Eu não chego a sonha com isso. Mas assim como o Miau Lightouch mostrou na mensagem com duas imagens do hexadecimal criptografado e não criptografado. É possível criar uma ferramenta que eu consiga descriptografar os textos do bexcel dentro do paz 792? sem extrair. E se é muito dificil fazer o inverso, re-criptografar para inserir novamente no offset correto no paz 792.

Translate:
Hello. At one time I have looked for alternatives to translate the Korean BD since it was no longer possible to use languagedata in the prestringtable folder. I'm currently translating with 90% of the English texts inserting texts directly into paz 792 with each update, respecting the offset and size set in the Meta. However, I wanted to cover the translation with the new content of the game that comes out with each update. The Chinese seem to be able to do the paz repacker. I do not get to dream about it. But just as the Lightouch Meow showed in the message with two images of encrypted and decrypted hexadecimal. Is it possible to create a tool that I can decrypt the bexcel texts within paz 792 without extracting?. And if it is very difficult to do the reverse, re-encrypt to insert again at the correct offset in paz 792.
Então, basicamente a gente não sabe compactar de volta, mas não precisa.
Tudo que a gente precisa fazer, é encryptar o arquivo modificado com a criptografia ICE (é só inverter o processo que eu faço no meu Meta Injector no arquivo "meta_explorer.c") e depois disso, adicionar um cabeçalho no inicio do arquivo indicando que ele é descompactado, seguindo a lógica postada pelo usar Garin nesse post:
Post 152024

Aí depois, salva esse arquivo encriptado e com o cabeçalho com um nome diferente dos .PAZ que já tem, por exemplo PAD99999.PAZ

Aí você tem que editar o pad00000.meta file, e achar o File Block correspondente do arquivo que você tá modificando, e alterar os campos "PAZ_NUM" pra 9999 e o SIZE e ZSIZE pro tamanho do arquivo PAD99999.PAZ que você criou, e o OFFSET pra 0
uuFRjrF.jpg

Dá pra fazer. É só ter tempo. No momento eu to sem.
Se quiser tentar fazer isso vc mesmo, dá uma olhada na primeira página desse topico, que tá em Spoiler dizendo "Spoiler: Detailed explanation about the source code" se você não tiver ideia de como fazer isso.

Se precisar de mais ajuda, é só falar que ficarei feliz em te explicar melhor.

Abraços

Saga

Potential Patron
Então, basicamente a gente não sabe compactar de volta, mas não precisa.
Tudo que a gente precisa fazer, é encryptar o arquivo modificado com a criptografia ICE (é só inverter o processo que eu faço no meu Meta Injector no arquivo "meta_explorer.c") e depois disso, adicionar um cabeçalho no inicio do arquivo indicando que ele é descompactado, seguindo a lógica postada pelo usar Garin nesse post:
Post 152024

Aí depois, salva esse arquivo encriptado e com o cabeçalho com um nome diferente dos .PAZ que já tem, por exemplo PAD99999.PAZ

Aí você tem que editar o pad00000.meta file, e achar o File Block correspondente do arquivo que você tá modificando, e alterar os campos "PAZ_NUM" pra 9999 e o SIZE e ZSIZE pro tamanho do arquivo PAD99999.PAZ que você criou, e o OFFSET pra 0
uuFRjrF.jpg

Dá pra fazer. É só ter tempo. No momento eu to sem.
Se quiser tentar fazer isso vc mesmo, dá uma olhada na primeira página desse topico, que tá em Spoiler dizendo "Spoiler: Detailed explanation about the source code" se você não tiver ideia de como fazer isso.

Se precisar de mais ajuda, é só falar que ficarei feliz em te explicar melhor.

Abraços

Obrigado pela resposta rápida. A guilda LostinBR (acho que unica br ainda existente no coreano) está enlouquecida com a possibilidade de voltar a traduzir o jogo haha). Bom, entendi em partes. Resumindo, entendi o que tem que fazer, mas não muito bem o passo a passo. Primeiro, não sei inverter o meta_explorer.c para faze-lo re-rencryptar o arquivo. Poderia me dar uma explicação melhor ou até mesmo me passar invertido?

Last edited:

Saga

Potential Patron
Então né. Só pq eu estava fazendo avanços com as dicas que você me deu, a Pearl acabou de alterar gravemente as coisas na manutenção de hoje. O arquivo .Bexcel simplesmente não existe mais nos paz do jogo. Bom, tenho uma ideia de onde os textos passaram a ser lidos, semana passada já tinha encontrado arquivos que continham as informações do bexcel divididas em vários arquivos numa pasta chamada binary. Vou dar uma checada para ter certeza.

AtmaDarkwolf

Potential Patron
Hello everyone when I try to run both meta injector and resorepless I get this message this file is corrupt I have no idea which I do not know which file it is it says if it persists please run the fire recovery from the launcher ?
This isn't the only person with this issue, and I doubt its either resporless or metainjector thats causing it(the last few 'patches' - even the micro tiny ones, even if u undo all either 3rd party app changes, even if u uninstall all changes, etc, WILL get corrupt file error if anything has been modified before last patch.

Still needs both creators to go though why this happens.

Sausage&Eggs

Club Regular
This isn't the only person with this issue, and I doubt its either resporless or metainjector thats causing it(the last few 'patches' - even the micro tiny ones, even if u undo all either 3rd party app changes, even if u uninstall all changes, etc, WILL get corrupt file error if anything has been modified before last patch.

Still needs both creators to go though why this happens.

I do not get this problem if I install before detect. If client detect then you need use resorepless option 8 prevent file re-check before you open client. If you do this it will patch like normal. Then you reinstall mods. It work for me just today.

Garkin

Avid Affiliate
Então né. Só pq eu estava fazendo avanços com as dicas que você me deu, a Pearl acabou de alterar gravemente as coisas na manutenção de hoje. O arquivo .Bexcel simplesmente não existe mais nos paz do jogo. Bom, tenho uma ideia de onde os textos passaram a ser lidos, semana passada já tinha encontrado arquivos que continham as informações do bexcel divididas em vários arquivos numa pasta chamada binary. Vou dar uma checada para ter certeza.
In NA/EU version are texts located in <game folder>\ads\languagedata*.loc files. Is it different in your version?
Tools for decrypting and encrypting .loc files are attached to this post:
Black Desert Online Modding Tools

Saga

Potential Patron
In NA/EU version are texts located in <game folder>\ads\languagedata*.loc files. Is it different in your version?
Tools for decrypting and encrypting .loc files are attached to this post:
Black Desert Online Modding Tools
(Black Desert KR) Since the update yesterday, the datasheets.bexcel file no longer exists. The game also no longer reads stringtable.xlsm. The interface is now read by the stringtable.bss file and the bexcel tables that translate everything else are also in bss files. All located in the binary folder. Problem is that there is still no tool to extract and edit these bss files.
tela start.JPG

As you can see, the responsible file is this one. But editing by hexadecimal, I can only change the existing characters, I can not add byte that gives crash in the game. I would need to extract the bss files to change the texts and return to the original bss.

Last edited:

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
(Black Desert KR) Since the update yesterday, the datasheets.bexcel file no longer exists. The game also no longer reads stringtable.xlsm. The interface is now read by the stringtable.bss file and the bexcel tables that translate everything else are also in bss files. All located in the binary folder. Problem is that there is still no tool to extract and edit these bss files.
View attachment 65538
As you can see, the responsible file is this one. But editing by hexadecimal, I can only change the existing characters, I can not add byte that gives crash in the game. I would need to extract the bss files to change the texts and return to the original bss.
There's go to be a integer or something between the strings that must be dictating the length of the string that is following, if you can find that and change it, you probably can increase or decrease the text length without the game crashing.

Saga

Potential Patron
There's go to be a integer or something between the strings that must be dictating the length of the string that is following, if you can find that and change it, you probably can increase or decrease the text length without the game crashing.

Yes, before each string, there is a data that tells you how many bytes of each string, I tried to increase, but it crashed the same way. Files that I extracted and pointed at the root with the meta injector, I can change without needing to change the size in Meta, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.