Black Desert Online Modding Tools (2 Viewers)

Garkin

Avid Affiliate
Garkin, can you make an extra parameter for your UnPAZ tool which allows me to extract the files, and not keep the folder structure?
For example, the way it is right now, if I say to extract the file "phw_00_ub_0001.pac" to "C:\Extracted\", the file will be located at:
"C:\Extracted\character\model\1_pc\2_phw\armor\9_upperbody\phw_00_ub_0001.pac" after it's extracted, but I actually wanted only "C:\Extracted\phw_00_ub_0001.pac"
Also, could you include the source code with those changes for me? Please?
I have added requested parameter (-n). Tool is updated in my previous post.

Just a note:
Filter is looking for string matching given mask in full path stored in archives, so if you want file "phw_00_ub_0001.pac", you have to specify mask starting with asterix: *phw_00_ub_0001.pac.

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
I have added requested parameter (-n). Tool is updated in my previous post.

Just a note:
Filter is looking for string matching given mask in full path stored in archives, so if you want file "phw_00_ub_0001.pac", you have to specify mask starting with asterix: *phw_00_ub_0001.pac.
Thank you so much!

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
Anyone have any tips for organizing texture mods when using Meta Injector? It drives me absolutely batty everything being stuffed in one texture folder. I wish I had Mod Organizer for BDO lol

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Anyone have any tips for organizing texture mods when using Meta Injector? It drives me absolutely batty everything being stuffed in one texture folder. I wish I had Mod Organizer for BDO lol
You know you can put the textures in subfolders in the "files_to_patch" folder, right?
Meta Injector takes care of them and put them all in the "character\texture\" folder after you inject them anyways, but in the "files_to_patch\" folder, they can be anywhere.

IndigoDesert

Avid Affiliate
Found some time to tweak my PAC converter: MEGA
- Improved support for Mystic and Dark Knight PAB files (some joints have additional data of arbitrary size. I figured out the sizes in the Mystic and Dark Knight PAB files, but other PAB files might still be incompatible).
- Tried to improve vertex TBN generation (tangent, bitangent, normal), but I still can't get it looking nearly as good as whatever the developer is doing.

I added some switches to control parts of the TBN generation (add these to batch files before the filenames to each line, and write a 1 or 0 to turn it on or off):
"-uniquenormalvertices 1/0" If on, always create a unique vertex for every unique vertex normal found in DAE file. (default is off)
"-mergeNearbyTBNs 1/0" If on, vertices sharing same position will have their TBNs merged by calculating their average. (default is on)
"-gramSchmidt 1/0" If on, re-orthogonalize all TBNs This should be on if mergenearbyTBNs is on. (default is on)
"-projectTBfromN 1/0" If on, project tangents and bitangents based on normals from DAE, this might be buggy if used with "merge" mode. (default is on)

If I find time for it, I'll see if I can tweak TBN generation more. If I find a lot of time, I'll add support for more formats than DAE with the tool.

Last edited:

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
- Improved support for Mystic and Dark Knight PAB files (some joints have additional data of arbitrary size. I figured out the sizes in the Mystic and Dark Knight PAB files, but other PAB files might still be incompatible).
- Tried to improve vertex TBN generation (tangent, bitangent, normal), but I still can't get it looking nearly as good as whatever the developer is doing.

I added some switches to control parts of the TBN generation (add these to batch files before the filenames to each line, and write a 1 or 0 to turn it on or off):
"-uniquenormalvertices 1/0" If on, always create a unique vertex for every unique vertex normal found in DAE file. (default is off)
"-mergeNearbyTBNs 1/0" If on, vertices sharing same position will have their TBNs merged by calculating their average. (default is on)
"-gramSchmidt 1/0" If on, re-orthogonalize all TBNs This should be on if mergenearbyTBNs is on. (default is on)
"-projectTBfromN1/0" If on, project tangents and bitangents based on normals from DAE, this might be buggy if used with "merge" mode. (default is on)

If I find time for it, I'll see if I can tweak TBN generation more. If I find a lot of time, I'll add support for more formats than DAE with the tool.
suzu

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
You know you can put the textures in subfolders in the "files_to_patch" folder, right?
Meta Injector takes care of them and put them all in the "character\texture\" folder after you inject them anyways, but in the "files_to_patch\" folder, they can be anywhere.
SAY WHAT? let me see if I understand.

I can keep my custom textures in seper something like this:

Files to Patch\Awesome custom skin
Files to Patch\ Super sexy cat ears
Files to Patch\ Shiny new horse texture
Files to patch\ Testing stuff

???

Because that would be flipping amazing.

"-projectTBfromN 1/0" If on, project tangents and bitangents based on normals from DAE, this might be buggy if used with "merge" mode. (default is on)

INDIGO! Welcome back friend! *hugs* Thank you so much for working on the pac tool. You are awesome!

Sakura4

Swell Supporter

Thanks for your tool, the test found that UV has been fixed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
BlackFireBR BlackFireBR
I started redo mod :)

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
SAY WHAT? let me see if I understand.

I can keep my custom textures in seper something like this:

Files to Patch\Awesome custom skin
Files to Patch\ Super sexy cat ears
Files to Patch\ Shiny new horse texture
Files to patch\ Testing stuff

???

Because that would be flipping amazing.
Yes.
As long as you don't have 2 files with the same name, otherwise Meta Injector will only copy one of those files (probably the last folder in alphabetical order).
For those cases you have to keep the folder structure and choose the option "Keep folder structure" when using the tool.
If the name doesn't repeat, it could literally be inside any folder that the tool will find it and copy it to the right location.

Sakura4

Swell Supporter
In addition to the neck, other parts of the UV is almost unmodified.
2017-07-22_64393418.jpg

Attachments

phm_00_nude_0001_test.7z
146.8 KB · Views: 111

synktra

Potential Patron
has anyone here tried extracting sound files and then converting them from wem to ogg? ive been trying and it seems like 1/2 of the wem files will not convert. does anyone know a fix for this?

tutorial i followed:
gif of problem: Gyazo - 7c1181aa4bb2b9b898e03e8ba1c4d6d9.gif
1 file that works: sound/windows/environment_location_0_0.bnk
1 file that doesn't work: sound/windows/environment_location_1_8.bnk

ive looked everywhere and i havent found a single person with this problem so im hoping someone here can figure out the issue for me. thanks

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
has anyone here tried extracting sound files and then converting them from wem to ogg? ive been trying and it seems like 1/2 of the wem files will not convert. does anyone know a fix for this?

tutorial i followed:
gif of problem: Gyazo - 7c1181aa4bb2b9b898e03e8ba1c4d6d9.gif
1 file that works: sound/windows/environment_location_0_0.bnk
1 file that doesn't work: sound/windows/environment_location_1_8.bnk

ive looked everywhere and i havent found a single person with this problem so im hoping someone here can figure out the issue for me. thanks

Maybe using Garkin updated quickbms script and extracting the file again can help.
Extract this to your "patcher_resources" folder:

Attachments

synktra

Potential Patron
Maybe using Garkin updated quickbms script and extracting the file again can help.
Extract this to your "patcher_resources" folder:
i replaced the file and tried again, still failed to create ogg
i redownloaded paz_browser, same result
replaced the file again, same result
not sure what else i can try or if its just not possible to convert some of the game files

edit:
* updated everything possible and tried other software, no change
* had friend try to convert environment_location_1_8.bnk and he had the same result

Last edited:

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
Thanks for your tool, the test found that UV has been fixed.

Great news!

Yes.
As long as you don't have 2 files with the same name, otherwise Meta Injector will only copy one of those files (probably the last folder in alphabetical order).
For those cases you have to keep the folder structure and choose the option "Keep folder structure" when using the tool.
If the name doesn't repeat, it could literally be inside any folder that the tool will find it and copy it to the right location.

That is just awesome. This is going to make everything SO much easier!

A

Akre

Dear, does anyone knows if the :
Black Desert Online File Extractor 1.1d by BlackFireBR
has a virus? i tried to download it couple of times, but the story is the same- Trj virus found. if it true, could it be fixed or should it be removed?

Garkin

Avid Affiliate
i replaced the file and tried again, still failed to create ogg
i redownloaded paz_browser, same result
replaced the file again, same result
not sure what else i can try or if its just not possible to convert some of the game files

edit:
* updated everything possible and tried other software, no change
* had friend try to convert environment_location_1_8.bnk and he had the same result
I believe that environment_location_1_8.bnk should not contain any sound file.

Take a look into sound/windows/soundbanksinfo.xml. There is this information:
Code:
<SoundBank Id="247720347" Language="SFX">
   <ObjectPath>\SoundBanks\Environment\Environment_Location\Environment_Location_1_8</ObjectPath>
   <ShortName>Environment_Location_1_8</ShortName>
   <Path>Environment_Location_1_8.bnk</Path>
   <IncludedEvents>
       <Event Id="247720347" Name="Environment_Location_1_8" ObjectPath="\Events\Environment\Environment_Location\Environment_Location_1_8"/>
   </IncludedEvents>
   <ReferencedStreamedFiles>
       <File Id="667387664"/>
   </ReferencedStreamedFiles>
   <IncludedMemoryFiles>
       <File Id="667387664" Language="SFX">
           <ShortName>길거리싸움_02.wav</ShortName>
           <Path>SFX\길거리싸움_02_0B810FBC.wem</Path>
           <PrefetchSize>6333</PrefetchSize>
       </File>
   </IncludedMemoryFiles>
</SoundBank>
Sound file in this bank is just referenced, it is not included in .bnk file. You can find referenced file in game files stored as sound/windows/stream/667387664.wem (pad05610.paz).

By the way, use my UnPAZ for extracting files instead of QuickBMS, its much faster... :wink:

Last edited:

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter

I am a little confused. The new download says v1-2, the one I already have is v2-0... which one is the new one?
Also it is only pactool, I use it with the old batch files and bones from previous version?
Thanks <3

EDIT:

Also if anyone can help me I am trying to model in 3Ds Max, but the BDO models look low poly and awful compared to how they look in Maya. Anyone have any advice?

maya-vs-max-bdo-model.png

EDIT 2: If anyone can recommend some 3Ds Max tutorials that would help with modeling in BDO I would appreciate it! I am doing an online course, but so far most of what I am learning does not seem very helpful for what i will be doing in BDO. Want to learn about vertex, skinning, modeling, adding polygons ect. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

BlackFireBR

Content Creator
Dear, does anyone knows if the :
Black Desert Online File Extractor 1.1d by BlackFireBR
has a virus? i tried to download it couple of times, but the story is the same- Trj virus found. if it true, could it be fixed or should it be removed?
It's not a virus.Windows just think it can be harmful because, well, it's windows. This warning can happen to any of my tools. I don't know why, Windows just doesn't like them for some reason..
I programmed it myself from scratch, and didn't use any library besides the default ones <stdlib.h> and <stdio.h>. If you don't believe me for any reason, you can check the source code yourself, it's open source: src - File Extractor v1.1.zip
Why are you tying to use that anyway? PAZ Browser does everything this thing does, and 10 times better.

Garkin

Avid Affiliate
It's not a virus.Windows just think it can be harmful because, well, it's windows. This warning can happen to any of my tools. I don't know why, Windows just doesn't like them for some reason..
I programmed it myself from scratch, and didn't use any library besides the default ones <stdlib.h> and <stdio.h>. If you don't believe me for any reason, you can check the source code yourself, it's open source: src - File Extractor v1.1.zip
Why are you tying to use that anyway? PAZ Browser does everything this thing does, and 10 times better.
If your program is detected as false positive by AVG, send them a report:
Report a false detection | AVG Worldwide

Because antivirus companies have to test tens (or hundreds) of thousands potentialy harmfull samples a day, files are in most cases tested automatically in virtual environment and scored how suspicious that sample is. If score is high enough, definition is made automatically, less suspicious fles are sent for further analysis and rest is marked as clean. What makes file suspicious? For example unusual runtime compression, obfuscated code, silent calls of other programs, creating or writting to executable files or libraries, creating new files in system folders, changes in windows registry, etc...
If you want to make your program less suspicious, don't use silent cmd.exe calls.

Last edited:

Kitty Ears

Swell Supporter
Anyone know if we can swap hair styles that are class exclusive? I would like the Mystic unique hairstyle for my Sorceress. If anyone has the pac file that plays Korean version can you send it to me so i can try to convert it? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.