Black Desert Online armor/costume mods (1 Viewer)

T

Thegiri

Is it possible to be selective with what armor pieces are displayed with your Nicky mod? Specifically for my Sorceress, the Lumik armor. I love the base armor's chest and back tattoos, but I hate the tights. Your sexy Lumik mod fixes her legs right up, and overall looks great, but would it be possible to only replace the bottom / shoes? I am a fan of tats on ladies ;) (I assume I might just have to delete one or two of the files that were implemented by the mod, but i have no idea which ones I would do.) (TL:DR can I delete just the chestpiece portion of the Lumik armor in your mod without borking stuff?)

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Is it possible to be selective with what armor pieces are displayed with your Nicky mod? Specifically for my Sorceress, the Lumik armor. I love the base armor's chest and back tattoos, but I hate the tights. Your sexy Lumik mod fixes her legs right up, and overall looks great, but would it be possible to only replace the bottom / shoes? I am a fan of tats on ladies ;) (I assume I might just have to delete one or two of the files that were implemented by the mod, but i have no idea which ones I would do.) (TL:DR can I delete just the chestpiece portion of the Lumik armor in your mod without borking stuff?)

Open your Resorep "modded" folder and delete these two files:
1874838806.dds
2742255835.dds
That will restore your tattoos but keep the costume modded :)
If you don't want the costume modded either but still want those tights gone, also remove these two files if both are there (depends which pack you have):
637976496.dds
2963263657.dds

CIrno

Potential Patron
Modded textures for the Valkyrie basic armors were included in the mods pack which you're using and they overwrite the damaged armor.
If you want to get the damaged armors back for the basic armor, open your Resorep "modded" folder and delete the following three files if they are in there:
916941136.dds
2346619357.dds
2520552530.dds

That worked great thanks! Is there a way to get the damaged/lewd armor on all classes? Sorry, I'm kind of new to mods in this game and still don't have the hang of it

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
That worked great thanks! Is there a way to get the damaged/lewd armor on all classes? Sorry, I'm kind of new to mods in this game and still don't have the hang of it

The instruction at the start of this topic explain how to do exactly what you want, it's a method for swapping all costumes/armors with their low durability version.
If that's the only effect you want, you would simply not put any additional mods into your Resorep "modded" folder (or delete ones you put there).
Depending on the effect you want though, you might want to keep mods that remove underwear and show the nude basebody.

Terry

Potential Patron
For people who would like more sexiness and a little bit of nudity in BDO, I'm working on a modified version of
Cerophono's nude mod which uses Joku's nude skins to produce mods compatable with Ray Wing's Resorep texture replacer.

This differs from other work by replacing all costumes and armors in the game with the minimum durability version rather than making all of them nude. The costumes can then be reverse-modified to appear similar to the undamaged ones and then modded again to make nice sexy ones.
This method allows for one or more costumes to be made into nudes if desired, or partial nudes, or just more sexy.

The download I've attached is my work so far on this type of modding in BDO. It includes sexy versions of some of the basic armors and some of the cash shop costumes currently available in EU/NA. Included in it are the files that remove underwear and provide the nude basebody textures.
I'll start an image gallery when I update this, and the content will be expanded to include more armors and costumes. But here's the Sorceror Bern costume as one of the naughtier mods completed so far and an in-game view of the Ranger starter armor:

Lus0j4l.jpg

lv00uck.jpg

Of course there is no requirement to use my download at all, once you have got the system in place you can modify everything your own way, but for those of you who would like to have something to use, the latest version of my download is here:

Nickyworld (3).7z
The optional nudes are here:
SorceressLumik (n).7z
RangerIgnis (n).7z

Now here's how you get it working:
1. Go here Resorep | Undertow and download the latest version of Resorep.
2. Go here [Tool] Resorep - DirectX 11 texture replacer | Undertow and follow the author's instructions to start using the program.
3. Where it says about putting mod files in the "modded" folder, drop all the unzipped files from my download
Nickyworld (1).rar in there. Or put your own mods in there.
4. Go here Black Desert Nude Mod | Undertow and download BDNudePlusPatcher(v1): 3/7/16.
5. Follow the instructions in the thread to install and use the patcher, paying particular attention to the part about backing up and moving the PAD00001.paz file so that you don't mess up your game.
6. Download the file in this archive. This is the special modification provided by
Cerophono which swaps out the default armors to the minimum durability.
7. Open the "character" sub folder which got created in your "Black Desert Online" game folder and place the downloaded file from section 6. in there, replacing the one that was already there.
8. You're good to go! Don't forget to move your PAD00001.paz file before launching the game as per the instructions (and I recommend you put it back after each game session so you never forget, even if it means moving it out and back every time you play).

Hi, I followed directions but do not see any armor. every female character is nude and only my character and the same class females have the nipples and other parts visible. I have tried everything in my limited knowledge of this stuff to fix it. When the game loads your moded version of the class costumed armor shows up for a few seconds before disappearing and all female characters are completely nude. Can you please help? Thanks.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Hi, I followed directions but do not see any armor. every female character is nude and only my character and the same class females have the nipples and other parts visible. I have tried everything in my limited knowledge of this stuff to fix it. When the game loads your moded version of the class costumed armor shows up for a few seconds before disappearing and all female characters are completely nude. Can you please help? Thanks.

Looks to me like you missed out step 6 and 7 from my instructions at the start of this thread, or you've followed those steps incorrectly.
At the moment you have Cerophono's nude swap mod working which is why you're in a nudist camp. The extra steps change the way Cerephono's nude swap works so that instead of seeing nudes you see all armors and costumes as the low durability version.

Terry

Potential Patron
tried again andgot the ranger to look like the pics but sorc wont load and tamer just has plain starter armor on. Any thoughts on how to fix this? Maybe I am not fully understanding this. But I have no experience with coding or modding even though I really want to learn especially with this game.

Kiko Doragon

Potential Patron
Hi Nicky, I have a question for you. I just want to change the color of costume's parts instead of dyeing. Could you give me some basic instructions to do that? I really appreciate your help .:smile:

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
tried again andgot the ranger to look like the pics but sorc wont load and tamer just has plain starter armor on. Any thoughts on how to fix this? Maybe I am not fully understanding this. But I have no experience with coding or modding even though I really want to learn especially with this game.

I don't really have enough information to work out what is or isn't happening.
Which mod package are you trying to use? Are low durability armors showing?

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Hi Nicky, I have a question for you. I just want to change the color of costume's parts instead of dyeing. Could you give me some basic instructions to do that? I really appreciate your help .:smile:

The way I mod is through texture files rather than code hacking, so there's likely to be better ways of changing costume colours than how I do it.
You need an image editor that's capable of picking sections of a texture so that you can force a colour change on them.
I use Paint.net though there's other programs out there do it just as well.
You need to capture the texture files for the costumes using Resorep, identify the ones you want and open them up for editing.
Then you use the targetting tool to try and grab the parts you want to change colours.
However it's rarely that simple, often the tool won't just grab what you want but other parts as well.
When that happens you can painstakingly draw a thin blank like all the way around the parts you want so they get properly isolated by the targetting tool and then grab them for changing colour.
It varies a lot from one costume texture file to the next how much work is needed to do it, but at least once you've got the file how you want it, further colour changes to the same one are straightforward.
I'd recommend having any mods to how the costume looks done first, because once you force colour change you cannot see the original texture anymore.

Terry

Potential Patron
got it working thanks. But is there a way to lose the starter armor and panties only but keep the other armor skins or have the characters naked except the costume armor? err... a simple understandable way that is lol. Thanks =)

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
got it working thanks. But is there a way to lose the starter armor and panties only but keep the other armor skins or have the characters naked except the costume armor? err... a simple understandable way that is lol. Thanks =)

With the Abropo mod method you can have any armor you want to be naked.
I've already switched to this method for modding, you can find out more here:
Abropo's BDO armor mods | Undertow

Kiko Doragon

Potential Patron
The way I mod is through texture files rather than code hacking, so there's likely to be better ways of changing costume colours than how I do it.
You need an image editor that's capable of picking sections of a texture so that you can force a colour change on them.
I use Paint.net though there's other programs out there do it just as well.
You need to capture the texture files for the costumes using Resorep, identify the ones you want and open them up for editing.
Then you use the targetting tool to try and grab the parts you want to change colours.
However it's rarely that simple, often the tool won't just grab what you want but other parts as well.
When that happens you can painstakingly draw a thin blank like all the way around the parts you want so they get properly isolated by the targetting tool and then grab them for changing colour.
It varies a lot from one costume texture file to the next how much work is needed to do it, but at least once you've got the file how you want it, further colour changes to the same one are straightforward.
I'd recommend having any mods to how the costume looks done first, because once you force colour change you cannot see the original texture anymore.
Thanks for your reply. Do you have any method to recognize what exactly the .dds files that you want to mod? I used Resosep tool and it extract about many thousands files that makes me confused @@. And one more question, I have seen some costume mod files with blank color or totally black. What are these files and why do we need them?

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Thanks for your reply. Do you have any method to recognize what exactly the .dds files that you want to mod? I used Resosep tool and it extract about many thousands files that makes me confused @@. And one more question, I have seen some costume mod files with blank color or totally black. What are these files and why do we need them?

The way to avoid so many files is only to get Resorep to capture textures immediately before you display the costume you actually want to get.
For example If it's a cash shop costume, open the cash shop and then get resorep to start collecting textures right before you press the button to try on that costume, then put resorep off again.
You might still capture 100 textures in that time, but finding your costume among them becomes much easier.
There's no real method to searching among the captured textures, you just get better at recognising what you're looking for after doing it for awhile, but it certainly helps if you only have Resorep caturing textures for a short time.
However, whilst the main texture for a costume is usually easy to recognise, there are often several other textures which are also part of the costume and tracking those down can be more tricky.
This ties in with the mystery blank files you've been seeing. Those often contain the extra bits of stuff for the costumes (or more exactly, used to contain them until they got wiped), or they might be the underwear textures (again wiped to remove them). In all cases the blank files are where something that normally shows has been removed, but you can't simply delete the files as the game needs them to exist to run properly.

Kiko Doragon

Potential Patron
The way to avoid so many files is only to get Resorep to capture textures immediately before you display the costume you actually want to get.
For example If it's a cash shop costume, open the cash shop and then get resorep to start collecting textures right before you press the button to try on that costume, then put resorep off again.
You might still capture 100 textures in that time, but finding your costume among them becomes much easier.
There's no real method to searching among the captured textures, you just get better at recognising what you're looking for after doing it for awhile, but it certainly helps if you only have Resorep caturing textures for a short time.
However, whilst the main texture for a costume is usually easy to recognise, there are often several other textures which are also part of the costume and tracking those down can be more tricky.
This ties in with the mystery blank files you've been seeing. Those often contain the extra bits of stuff for the costumes (or more exactly, used to contain them until they got wiped), or they might be the underwear textures (again wiped to remove them). In all cases the blank files are where something that normally shows has been removed, but you can't simply delete the files as the game needs them to exist to run properly.
Thank you so much, you're awesome :smile::grin:

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
I've continued my work with Abropo's armor mod method.
The next package of mods is for the Witch, which you can get here:
BDO Witch Armor Mods
If you don't have the necessary nude basebody textures, I've also uploaded a package for them here:
BDO Basebody Nudes
There are some issues with skin poking through the clothing using Abropo's armor method, so you can expect some imperfections in the modded costumes/armors as well as others.
Hopefully these issues will be overcome later on, hopefully without need to actually change the mods package.
Later versions will include more armors and costumes as they appear.
I'll be doing mod packages for other classes too.

Terry

Potential Patron
The instruction at the start of this topic explain how to do exactly what you want, it's a method for swapping all costumes/armors with their low durability version.
If that's the only effect you want, you would simply not put any additional mods into your Resorep "modded" folder (or delete ones you put there).
Depending on the effect you want though, you might want to keep mods that remove underwear and show the nude basebody.
Looks to me like you missed out step 6 and 7 from my instructions at the start of this thread, or you've followed those steps incorrectly.
At the moment you have Cerophono's nude swap mod working which is why you're in a nudist camp. The extra steps change the way Cerephono's nude swap works so that instead of seeing nudes you see all armors and costumes as the low durability version.
Hi Nicky I got it working but was wondering if there were a way to keep the sexy but not have the armor so worn? Love the sexy cuts but would like to see the armor look less worn out... thanks again.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Hi Nicky I got it working but was wondering if there were a way to keep the sexy but not have the armor so worn? Love the sexy cuts but would like to see the armor look less worn out... thanks again.

If you read through my posts in this topic you'll see I swapped to the Abropo modding method, which provides full basebody skin meshes under the original (not low durability) armors.
As far as I know, the mods I make with this method will show wear as the durability goes down since they are based on the original texture files rather than the low durability ones.
Swapping to the Abropo method from the one you have is straightforward and the necessary instructions/links are in this topic to do it.
You would need to download some of my packs using this method to get the modded armors I've been working on, you simply add the unzipped files from the download(s) to your Resorep "modded" folder and accept overwriting any existing files if there are any.
Just remember that the Aprobo method still uses the PAZ file swapout, so you'd need to keep doing that when loading up the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.