Black Desert Online armor/costume mods (1 Viewer)

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
Thanks a ton, exactly what I wanted (more or less)
But tamer is missing, can you include all tamer armor too please?

There's still tons of armors and costumes I haven't looked at, but each revision will have some more added.
Tamer is the next one I will start to look at, so there should be some work done for the next revision coming soon :)

SyrenSyn

Potential Patron
First and foremost, nice work and your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Secondly, whats the easiest way to identify what each dds file correlates with so that I can pick and choose the ones I wanna use?

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
First and foremost, nice work and your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Secondly, whats the easiest way to identify what each dds file correlates with so that I can pick and choose the ones I wanna use?

In truth there is no good answer to that.
There is no obvious system used when naming the files so you cannot say that certain numbers belong to particular classes.
To add to the confusion, the different costumes/armors can have one or more files and the end result also depends on modified basebody and underwear files being included.
Actually looking at the files in an image editor can help to identify the main ones belonging to particular costumes, but some of the modded files actually appear blank when you look at them, so you're never going to know by looking at them which ones matter.
This is why I'm providing download packs which work for the modified environment I'm working in, rather than just individual costumes.
Of course nothing stops you from making alterations to the download pack, swapping in and out other modded files, so long as you remember that it's the minimum durability versions of the costumes that get displayed.
So for example if you swap in a mod of a normal costume, you're not going to see it.
And if all of that is not complcated enough, some files don't get altered at all by the low durability and you have to take that into account when modding.

SyrenSyn

Potential Patron
Yea, I had attempted to just preview the files with something that could read dds and the majority of them were just solid colors no matter what channels were selected. I was interested in potentially modifying some of the costumes to contribute with a photoshop plugin but it seems far more complicated than I initially thought... Thanks for the response though and keep up the good work.

My end goal was to modify specific pearl shop outfits to be partially nude while keeping the remove all feature for all armor models in order to toggle between partial and full nude.

Last edited:

SyrenSyn

Potential Patron
Not sure if there's a designated screenshot thread but thought this was a good one and figured id share
2016-03-17_16291795.JPG

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
My next revision was going to feature Tamers, but I'm putting that on hold for now.
The Tamer is heavily cencored, probably because the model is very much like a 14 year old girl.
Whereas other classes feature plenty of skin mesh under the low durability costumes/armors, Tamers don't even have low durability textures for the armors I've seen so far and underneath there is no skin mesh at all.
Here is an example, and others are exactly the same:
h8a4wLO.jpg

bK5XCmI.jpg

The situation is not much better for costumes, although at least a low durability version exists. However, there is very little can be modded before you find missing skin mesh.
The one shown below will be in my next revision, but it hasn't changed a lot from the original:
oRFwRU7.jpg

So I'll be turning my attention to the witch next, hopefully with new stuff coming soon.

abropo

Avid Affiliate
My next revision was going to feature Tamers, but I'm putting that on hold for now.
The Tamer is heavily cencored, probably because the model is very much like a 14 year old girl.
Whereas other classes feature plenty of skin mesh under the low durability costumes/armors, Tamers don't even have low durability textures for the armors I've seen so far and underneath there is no skin mesh at all.
Here is an example, and others are exactly the same:

The situation is not much better for costumes, although at least a low durability version exists. However, there is very little can be modded before you find missing skin mesh.
The one shown below will be in my next revision, but it hasn't changed a lot from the original:

So I'll be turning my attention to the witch next, hopefully with new stuff coming soon.

It's not "censored" per se. It's a technique called clipping which developers use to snip out any unnecessary textures to avoid redundancy in the system as well as making sure the body does not clip through the armor. Because why load textures that you (the player) are not going to see? It's just extra strain on your graphics card. Until someone can figure out a way to manipulate the files to remove the clipping, characters with full-body armors that reveal no skin underneath (witch is a great example, as all her robes are like that) will be faced with the same scenario as what you've just experienced with that tamer thing.

P.S. When your armor goes >20 durability, I've noticed that the clipping changes to (usually) show a full-body mesh. I've edited 2 armors to accomodate that, being the Shudad and Ignis armor http://puu.sh/nJvug/836193373a.png http://puu.sh/nJyz6/f948d62795.png just as an example.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
It's not "censored" per se. It's a technique called clipping which developers use to snip out any unnecessary textures to avoid redundancy in the system as well as making sure the body does not clip through the armor. Because why load textures that you (the player) are not going to see? It's just extra strain on your graphics card. Until someone can figure out a way to manipulate the files to remove the clipping, characters with full-body armors that reveal no skin underneath (witch is a great example, as all her robes are like that) will be faced with the same scenario as what you've just experienced with that tamer thing.

P.S. When your armor goes >20 durability, I've noticed that the clipping changes to (usually) show a full-body mesh. I've edited 2 armors to accomodate that, being the Shudad and Ignis armor http://puu.sh/nJvug/836193373a.png http://puu.sh/nJyz6/f948d62795.png just as an example.

You've basically outlined the whole reason why I'm using this type of modding.
However, whilst there are some cases where the skin mesh under the low durability armors is complete, there are many where parts have been cut away (clipping as you said).
My point about Tamers getting censored isn't about the clipping aspect, it's about the fact that the low durability armors have been left out so there isn't a second basebody with more skin mesh to work with.
And in the case of the Tamer cash shop costume where a low durability version does exist, the amount of extra skin mesh on the second basebody is still far less than for other classes.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
I did a little digging and found where the clipping file stems from. It's unfortunate that the way the devs designed tamer's costumes made it so they had to delete her entire torso for the costume to work correctly. Here, have a look.
Full durability
http://puu.sh/nLm74/420b8e2ce5.png
Low durability
http://puu.sh/nLm9o/40a08c7b65.png

With this, you should be able to edit any costume to your leisure!

Sadly it's not the case. Even in the example you show, if you take away her clothing there is a lot of the skin mesh clipped away on the low durability version. For example it may look as if you can remove her panties and she'll be naked down below, but if you do that one side is clipped away. It's done in such a way that it's not possible to make a useful mod.

Nevertheless, as a general rule the basebody used for low durability costumes/armors is more complete than the full durability one, which is exactly why my mods package makes use of the low durability ones at all times.

abropo

Avid Affiliate
Sadly it's not the case. Even in the example you show, if you take away her clothing there is a lot of the skin mesh clipped away on the low durability version. For example it may look as if you can remove her panties and she'll be naked down below, but if you do that one side is clipped away. It's done in such a way that it's not possible to make a useful mod.

Nevertheless, as a general rule the basebody used for low durability costumes/armors is more complete than the full durability one, which is exactly why my mods package makes use of the low durability ones at all times.

I've checked it on multiple armors including the tamer's outfits. If you delete the contents of the partcutdesc.xml file in the PAZ00001.PAZ file, it will remove all instructions on the clipping of various armors and costumes. Try it for yourself!

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
I've checked it on multiple armors including the tamer's outfits. If you delete the contents of the partcutdesc.xml file in the PAZ00001.PAZ file, it will remove all instructions on the clipping of various armors and costumes. Try it for yourself!

I'm just a texture modder, I don't know how to do what you're suggesting.
But if you can give me some instructions, I'd love to check it out :)

abropo

Avid Affiliate
I'm just a texture modder, I don't know how to do what you're suggesting.
But if you can give me some instructions, I'd love to check it out :)
1. go to this thread Abropo's armor mods | Undertow and download mammamia.rar
2. extract both folders into your black desert folder
3. open the black desert launcher and login but do not click "play" yet
4. go to your paz folder and move PAZ000001.PAZ to a backup folder (make a backup folder)
5. click play
6. you will get a lot of popups saying your game might be corrupted, but don't worry about it and just hold your enter button to bypass all of the popups
7. you're now ingame and all the clipping has been removed.
IMPORTANT 8. when you're done playing make sure to move the PAZ000001.PAZ file back into the paz folder before you initiate the launcher next time or otherwise the game can actually corrupt.

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
What can I say.... you're a genius <3
This was exactly what I was looking for from the start, but I was advised it wasn't possible by someone who clearly understands a whole lot less than you do :)
My mods package is now completely messed up, since this new tweak allows me to do exactly as I want, though there's a few files I've worked on that I can salvage. Still, it's totally worth it.
You've made me a very happy girl, now I can really get busy on the modding :)

glenn8

Potential Patron
1. go to this thread Abropo's armor mods | Undertow and download mammamia.rar
2. extract both folders into your black desert folder
3. open the black desert launcher and login but do not click "play" yet
4. go to your paz folder and move PAZ000001.PAZ to a backup folder (make a backup folder)
5. click play
6. you will get a lot of popups saying your game might be corrupted, but don't worry about it and just hold your enter button to bypass all of the popups
7. you're now ingame and all the clipping has been removed.
IMPORTANT 8. when you're done playing make sure to move the PAZ000001.PAZ file back into the paz folder before you initiate the launcher next time or otherwise the game can actually corrupt.
This is great. Exactly what I wanted. But there are too many clipping issues. I have no idea how these mods work, but I guess its not possible to kinda cut off some areas so they dont clip? For example cut off most top body (like original) but keep lower body modded (to show full mesh)

What can I say.... you're a genius <3
This was exactly what I was looking for from the start, but I was advised it wasn't possible by someone who clearly understands a whole lot less than you do :)
My mods package is now completely messed up, since this new tweak allows me to do exactly as I want, though there's a few files I've worked on that I can salvage. Still, it's totally worth it.
You've made me a very happy girl, now I can really get busy on the modding :)

What I noticed is that I can combine both of your mods. The most clipping is gone. Low durability armor has bigger mesh and thus fits the full body from abropo best. Would the tamer here still work? I try to use 100% durability textures to retrieve the most out of the original state.

Some work perfectly fine without low durability, some work better with.
Kinda have to mix and match

Last edited:

PrincessNicky

Content Creator
What I noticed is that I can combine both of your mods. The most clipping is gone. Low durability armor has bigger mesh and thus fits the full body from abropo best. Would the tamer here still work? I try to use 100% durability textures to retrieve the most out of the original state.

Some work perfectly fine without low durability, some work better with.
Kinda have to mix and match

I put this idea to the test with my existing mods loaded up and I can't really agree with your suggestion that the low durability armor has bigger mesh. Where skin was poking through the material in the full durability armor, it was still poking through with the low durability one.
It's not really a surprise since you can put the files side by side in your image editor and see that they start from the same drawing, just the low durability version has parts cut out.

However, the abropo mod will certainly allow for Tamer costume modding that couldn't be done before, but some of the armors are suffering from the problem of skin poking through which will probably mean mods with partly exposed boobs regardless of whether or not you wanted that. Of course for anyone wanting nude or mostly nude Tamers, this won't be an issue.

gotflipped

Avid Affiliate
Quick question! Loving your work so far, btw. Um, where are you getting the full durability versions of Venslar Valkyrie's costume. Specifically the filename --> 431918749.dds. When I go into Resop's original-->DXT1 folder, my 431918749.dds file is the low durability version. Any idea of the difference? Kinda new to modding and wanting to try my own!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.