Any tips for creating my own sprites from scratch? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter redude12
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
R

redude12

I'm very new to game making and I have no idea where to start. I plan on making my own series of ryona games (rape, vore, bondage and forced body worship) and releasing them to the public.

Except as I said I have no idea where to really start but I'd decide to ask what is the best way to sprite for someone that has no experience.

Also first time posting on Ryonani :]

Red_Scare

Potential Patron
Make sure whatever the game is, it is one you have a great interest in. Motivation and time are pretty much the key components to game making. That said, if you are fishing for actual ideas for content in your game, you might want to give people a good idea what is possible for you to actually do.

Welcome to the forums by the way.

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
Sprites are their own thing... easier than coding in some respects, but also a bigger pain in others.
First, animation demands that every pixel matters, so you need to know how to use whatever image editor to its best effect in that regard-- in GIMP it's as simple as using the pencil tool, older versions of Paint Shop Pro were pretty pixel friendly regardless of what you did, no clue on Photoshop because I've never used it. Obviously avoid more artsy programs like Corel Painter-- you're making sprites, not oil paintings or something.

I just dug up a mirror of a really old pixel-art guide that I thought was really nice back in the day. Maybe you'll find it handy.
So you want to be a pixel artist? - Photoshop tutorials and Pixelart tutorials, smiles and pixelart - Gas13.ru

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.