Any softwares/apps like gimp for windows rt? (1 Viewer)

stuntcock

Content Creator
migitheparasite said:
So,I want to try and make my own hairs.Can you guys recommend me any good softwares for making hairs?
What's the make and model of your tablet? Do you intend to draw using rasters or vectors? What kind of input devices do you have available (e.g. capacitive stylus, Bluetooth mouse)? Do you have access to a desktop PC for touchups and file-conversion tasks, or do you need to find a Windows RT application which can handle the entire workflow? Do you have prior experience with any particular drawing programs?

Rasters are more appropriate for "solo" projects and they support a wider range of input devices. It's possible to draw with fingerstrokes, but a stylus or mouse would give you much better control. In terms of SDT content, you're going to be limited to drawing hairstyles and backgrounds.

Here's a free raster drawing app, but it won't work if you have an ARM chipset: link. You may have other raster drawing tools pre-installed on your device.

Vectors are suitable for collaborative projects (e.g. where you draw a hairstyle and then pass it off to someone else for animation). They're pretty much required if you want to move beyond hair design - into stuff like costumes, tattoos, bodypart replacement, scene props, etc.

There are a few vector drawing apps with ARM support, but none of them look very good. This one can import and export only SVG, so you'd need to convert the hair template into SVG on a desktop PC. This one is more expensive but has a few additional features. You can install the trial version of each one to see whether they fit your needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.