Animtools V15 (1 Viewer)

Baruck Obuma

Potential Patron
I'm using Animtools V15, was able to put it in my mods folder, and it shows up in the little tab when I load up Loader, but when I try to select it, the top right corner says "Mod Loading Failed." All other default and example mods load correctly. Any ideas on how to fix? Do I have an outdated version of Loader? Can anyone link me to the most recent version just in case?

Sorry if posted in wrong thread, very new to forums

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
the top right corner says "Mod Loading Failed."
This error message usually refers to charCode loading. The game is attempting to include a SWF or PNG file into the scene, but it has unexpectedly failed to do so (e.g. because you were merely trying out a new SWF file, but you didn't like it and so you chose to delete it ... or because you're messing around with Character Folders but you don't really know what you're doing yet).

Try again. Allow the game to load fully. Leave it alone for a few seconds with the GUI menus closed (i.e. the girl should move around in response to motion of the mouse pointer). Ensure the that "Mod Loading Failed." message doesn't appear. Try to activate AnimtoolsV15. If the problem still persists, take a screenshot. Try to get a stacktrace as well -- by running the game through the Flash Player projector content debugger.

Also - ensure that you haven't already included an older version of Animtools in your default mod-loading order (Mods\$INIT$\Mods.txt). Running two versions of a mod in parallel would be silly.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
make sure you don't have a folder in a folder.
when you open up the animtools character folder from your 'Mods' folder, you should see the animtools swf in there, not another folder called animtoolsV15

Baruck Obuma

Potential Patron
This error message usually refers to charCode loading. The game is attempting to include a SWF or PNG file into the scene, but it has unexpectedly failed to do so (e.g. because you were merely trying out a new SWF file, but you didn't like it and so you chose to delete it ... or because you're messing around with Character Folders but you don't really know what you're doing yet).

Try again. Allow the game to load fully. Leave it alone for a few seconds with the GUI menus closed (i.e. the girl should move around in response to motion of the mouse pointer). Ensure the that "Mod Loading Failed." message doesn't appear. Try to activate AnimtoolsV15. If the problem still persists, take a screenshot. Try to get a stacktrace as well -- by running the game through the Flash Player projector content debugger.

Also - ensure that you haven't already included an older version of Animtools in your default mod-loading order (Mods\$INIT$\Mods.txt). Running two versions of a mod in parallel would be silly.

Did everything you mentioned, (except debugger because I'd have to format a hard drive because of it, don't ask) and still nothing. However, I can open animtools in the editor version, but when I press any of the shortcut keys, the body does gymnastics (as shown in screenshot). Any other ideas?

stuntcock

Content Creator
Did everything you mentioned, (except debugger because I'd have to format a hard drive because of it, don't ask)
Too bad; I'm asking.

"format a hard drive" is a non-sequitur. The tool in question doesn't touch the Windows registry. It doesn't persist itself or run in the background. It isn't even installed. You merely download it, launch it, File>Open>Loader.swf. After you've grabbed a screenshot (or copy-pasted the stacktrace), you can close the application and delete it entirely. It would be wiser to leave it in-place, because it could prove useful for future troubleshooting efforts, but you can delete it if you're very concerned about its impact on your PC.

There's no reason why it would damage your hard drive or force you to reformat anything.

when I press any of the shortcut keys
Which shortcut keys? The F1...F12 position shortcuts? Or the basic hotkeys used to configure an animtools position (such as ←↑→↓ to adjust camera position)?

the body does gymnastics (as shown in screenshot).
You didn't post a screenshot.

Gymnastics usually means that you've messed up the tweens. You've either put the girl's torso/knee position (via the "7" key) too near to her head, or you've moved/rotated the guy's pelvis so that she needs to contort herself to reach it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.