Animtool v12 issue (1 Viewer)

PseudoRussian

Vivacious Visitor
So, I've been trying to figure out how to use the Animtool version12 for a while now, and I finally figured out my issue.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    628.8 KB · Views: 714

sby

Content Creator
Coder
hmm, pretty odd, never seen that issue.

make sure you are using the SDT that comes with the loader.
i suppose you could also make sure the standalone player is given access to plenty of memory (1 meg should work, although it typically asks you when it needs more)

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Loader download contains both Loader.swf and SDT.swf.

You need BOTH.

Ideally: Unzip the ENTIRE file into a folder somewhere. Yes, it contains some stuff you might not need, but it's either wondering why it doesn't work OR an extra couple KB usage on your harddisk. Given that we talk about disk space in GB and TB these days... it should be an easy choice.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
hmm, i guess i can test something, maybe see if there is for some reason platform issues with windows 8
could you upload your copy of animtools, and the SDT.swf that you have in your loader folder? just throw them in a zip file.
(only reason i request this is because ovbiously the files i have work for me, so i want to know if the files you have also work for me.)

PseudoRussian

Vivacious Visitor
Loader download contains both Loader.swf and SDT.swf.

You need BOTH.
And I have both, along with the miscellaneous other things that come with the package.

Edit: Pim_gd, if I sound like a dick here, I promise I'm not trying to be.

hmm, i guess i can test something, maybe see if there is for some reason platform issues with windows 8
Feel more than free, but I'm not running windows 8, just so y'know...

could you upload your copy of animtools, and the SDT.swf that you have in your loader folder?
Eet ees done, my mastur. Lemme know if the zipfile doesn't work for you.

Much obliged.

Attachments

To Send To sby.zip
2.4 MB · Views: 171

sby

Content Creator
Coder
your SDT.swf is an older (or bugged) version.
download the newest loader and use the included SDT.swf

when modguy releases updates, he sometimes changes the patched SDT.swf that comes with it; that is not just a renamed super deepthroat and it does change.

PseudoRussian

Vivacious Visitor
Well, that's a bit of a downer, but thanks for taking the time to find out what the issue was. Do I need to get rid of anything else, or is it just the loader files? As in, can I keep my import files that exist outside of the loader?

sby

Content Creator
Coder
if you wish to manually update your loader setup:

required:
- replace SDT.swf and Loader.swf with the new files
- check over the loader's settings and see if anything is no longer supported, or new settings available
- check the release/changelog notes (if modguy writes any :P ) for any specific things that may need to be dealt with

- move over and replace all of the default mods in the $init folder (may require updating that mods.txt in the $init)
- move over and update any settings that the default mods use

maybe update:
- move over and replace the documentation in the guide folder
- move over and replace the templates (don't know if these have changed in a while)

i have been manually updating my loader setup since 4.3, and these have been the various things i have looked out for.
i would consider a typical way to update is to move all of the custom content that you have added to the loader to the new loader, but as you collect more custom content, it becomes more convenient to do it the other way around.

PseudoRussian

Vivacious Visitor
You're da man. Thanks so much for the help, sby. Greatly appreciated.

Update:

Attachments

• Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    405.7 KB · Views: 328

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.