animtool positions (1 Viewer)

NeonJ

Avid Affiliate
Has anyone experienced a disconnect between how positions are displayed in the editor and how they show up in the loader?
I'm sure I have a loader setting wrong.

I've been using V26 for a while. Just upgraded the V29 and some of my old positions (look fine when loaded and re-saved in the editor) don't translate to the loader very well.

Image_Tool.jpg
Image_Loader.jpg

Images and Position File attached.

Attachments

Position_Tit.txt
3.7 KB · Views: 245

sby

Content Creator
Coder
try using the flash debugger, there is probably a mod throwing errors in the background
i tested with my setup, that position loads the same

NeonJ

Avid Affiliate
try using the flash debugger, there is probably a mod throwing errors in the background
Looks like something with moreclothing. During the loading screen I was getting a #1009 SDTMods::ModPackage/followColorSlider() error in the debugger. Upgraded to moreclothingV8 (was using V5) and edited the settings to load the clothing files I run (only use a total of 50, some from the original, some not). I'm going to disable all clothing mods in the settings file to narrow down which clothing mod could be throwing this.
The issue with the Position is gone now. However, loading through the debugger still throws the #1009. Dismiss it and it's chugs along fine though...
I dunno. The error is visible in the debugger only. I don't see any effects from it in-game (does the player ignore it?); but if it's constantly catching this error in the background, would that eventually cause a slow down?

Last edited:

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Looks like something with moreclothing. During the loading screen I was getting a #1009 SDTMods::ModPackage/followColorSlider() error in the debugger. Upgraded to moreclothingV8 (was using V5) and edited the settings to load the clothing files I run (only use a total of 50, some from the original, some not). I'm going to disable all clothing mods in the settings file to narrow down which clothing mod could be throwing this.
The issue with the Position is gone now. However, loading through the debugger still throws the #1009. Dismiss it and it's chugs along fine though...
I dunno. The error is visible in the debugger only. I don't see any effects from it in-game (does the player ignore it?); but if it's constantly catching this error in the background, would that eventually cause a slow down?
you probably have a mod added in moreclothing that uses a secondary modtype to copy rgb fill data from. but if you don't include that modtype in the moreclothing entry, it won't exist and it will throw that error.
i have seen clothing modders do this a lot in vanilla because they wanted a secondary rgbfill, so they would borrow the collar rgbfill by putting in a blank collar mod alongside their top. you can prevent this error by including that modtype, and put it on the same menu selection

exampletop.swf=example:CostumeTop:CostumeCollar>CostumeTop

do note that the clothing will then correctly use the collar rgbfill instead of the top rgbfill

dksjaknkod

Potential Patron
hi! sby sby , I really like your mod, but I was wondering if there's a way to get rid of some of the default positions included in the mod? for example, I was trying to delete a position, when I just delete the folders, and launch the loader, the option for that position still showed up but when I tried clicking on it it just said the file was not found, which makes sense, since I deleted it. instead of deleting the .txt file, I'm trying to get rid of the option to select that position in the loader. is that possible?

I just got into SDT and downloaded the loader like, yesterday, so any help would be greatly appreciated. xp

Eva-2X

Content Creator
I noticed that both DialogueActions triggers [NORMAL_STYLE] and [FACEFUCK_STYLE] are looking for those poses in the settings/animtools_positions folder. As the latest versions of Animtools moved both poses (ATV_defaultsdt.txt and ATV_facefuck.txt) in a subdirectory (called settings/animtools_positions/Default), it makes those triggers unfunctionnal.
Same problem occurs if one clicks on the "scene tab" Style buttons.

One easy fix is to move them back to the animtools_positions (which I did), but maybe it would be something to keep in mind for a further update, so that new users would not be confuse.

Thank you.

djaknkod

Potential Patron
check the settings file, they are all registered there
I know, I did this: (I'm using the modguy loader, I might just swap to yours if this doesn't work)

root loader folder > Settings > animtools_positions, then deleted some of the positions I didn't want
despite deleting the .txt files, they still showed up when I launched the loader, but when I tried clicking on them, it said something like (filename).txt was not found. do you know how to make them not show up (change file paths or something)? are they supposed to disappear if I delete the folder/.txt file containing them?

(also I'm the same person as above, changed my email for my account xp)

djaknkod

Potential Patron
D djaknkod it is in the setting file called animtoolsV30settings.txt
Open it with text editor, and set what you want ;)
oh, so I just delete the names of the positions at the bottom? I thought they were only for keybinds purposes. if I delete them will they stop showing up as an option?
1607255029635.png

sby

Content Creator
Coder
I noticed that both DialogueActions triggers [NORMAL_STYLE] and [FACEFUCK_STYLE] are looking for those poses in the settings/animtools_positions folder. As the latest versions of Animtools moved both poses (ATV_defaultsdt.txt and ATV_facefuck.txt) in a subdirectory (called settings/animtools_positions/Default), it makes those triggers unfunctionnal.
Same problem occurs if one clicks on the "scene tab" Style buttons.

One easy fix is to move them back to the animtools_positions (which I did), but maybe it would be something to keep in mind for a further update, so that new users would not be confuse.

Thank you.
i believe i corrected this, didn't explicitly test the dialog part but got the button corrected/ uploaded hotfix

Slingerbult

Content Creator
I have a problem. I've made several custom positions and they all have the same issue: her left hand seems to lock in place around the area of her left boob/torso, regardless of how I position it in the editor. The right hand works fine - stays exactly as in the editor. But the left assumes some default that is not exactly "on her legs" but that's what the default hand position that you can edit with animtools is labeled with. Anyone else have this issue? Have I forgot to tick some box?

EDIT: To clarify. The file is saved and loaded normally in the editor. When I open it in the editor, her left hand is where it's supposed to be. When I open the position for normal use in the loader, the left hand is wrong.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
I have a problem. I've made several custom positions and they all have the same issue: her left hand seems to lock in place around the area of her left boob/torso, regardless of how I position it in the editor. The right hand works fine - stays exactly as in the editor. But the left assumes some default that is not exactly "on her legs" but that's what the default hand position that you can edit with animtools is labeled with. Anyone else have this issue? Have I forgot to tick some box?

EDIT: To clarify. The file is saved and loaded normally in the editor. When I open it in the editor, her left hand is where it's supposed to be. When I open the position for normal use in the loader, the left hand is wrong.
share a position that can recreate the issue,

Slingerbult

Content Creator
share a position that can recreate the issue,
Here are two positions. In the Barstool position, she should spread her cheeks, so that the left hand should grab the left ass cheek. In the allfours, she should suck her left thumb while spreading with the right. In both cases, the left hand instead glues itself to her left torso. - yet it looks fine in the editor.

Attachments

Anal_Barstool_Standing.txt
3.9 KB · Views: 280

Anal_Chair_AllFours.txt
4 KB · Views: 265

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Here are two positions. In the Barstool position, she should spread her cheeks, so that the left hand should grab the left ass cheek. In the allfours, she should suck her left thumb while spreading with the right. In both cases, the left hand instead glues itself to her left torso. - yet it looks fine in the editor.
there was some inconsistent behavior with how animtools did hand angles before 28 that would alter the angle based on the what her leg layering was in the previous position. i put in some logic to try to mimic the unwanted side effect as a compatibility feature, but it is probably not perfect. animtools V28 and newer is using a different hand angle calculation that shouldn't be affected by previous position states.

if you open up a older position in a newer animtools in editmode, it will assume you are updating the position. so these hand angles will need to be adjusted to be saved to use the newer version code.
QwFIKOG.jpeg

Slingerbult

Content Creator
there was some inconsistent behavior with how animtools did hand angles before 28 that would alter the angle based on the what her leg layering was in the previous position. i put in some logic to try to mimic the unwanted side effect as a compatibility feature, but it is probably not perfect. animtools V28 and newer is using a different hand angle calculation that shouldn't be affected by previous position states.

if you open up a older position in a newer animtools in editmode, it will assume you are updating the position. so these hand angles will need to be adjusted to be saved to use the newer version code.

OK, it sounds to me like you weren't able to reproduce the error as such, hand angles aside? I'm using V27 Animtools and a Loader labeled v 5.45d. Adobe Flash Player 32. Anyway, I'll update all my software during the weekend, reedit/save and try again. Thanks.

Fattyjohnmicky

2D Artist
Illustrator
Modder
Designer
Writer
Author
Editor
Ahoy and welcome!Most mods can be found in the mod repository.
Just use the search function there to look up certain searchterms like e.g. "animtools".
You get even more precise results when you search for a certain tag that is used by the publisher of the mod.
For in this special case the search results in a long list of positions that were made for the mod before showing the mod itself, I'll avoid torturing your patience too much: there it is! :cool::smile:

Respectfully, Rudgar
These instructions don't help. Sce
Ahoy and welcome!Most mods can be found in the mod repository.
Just use the search function there to look up certain searchterms like e.g. "animtools".
You get even more precise results when you search for a certain tag that is used by the publisher of the mod.
For in this special case the search results in a long list of positions that were made for the mod before showing the mod itself, I'll avoid torturing your patience too much: there it is! :cool::smile:

Respectfully, Rudgar
These instructions don't help. Searching aimtools only give positions which are useless without the folder we are looking for.

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
These instructions don't help. Sce

These instructions don't help. Searching aimtools only give positions which are useless without the folder we are looking for.
You clearly didn't read the post in full. The last link is a direct link to Animtools itself.

Fattyjohnmicky

2D Artist
Illustrator
Modder
Designer
Writer
Author
Editor
My bad! I downloaded it and then used the wrong zip that was BS thinking it was this one. I had it the whole time *Facepalms* Thanks.

JeffBoi101

Coder
This is a place to share and find animtool position files.
- edit - this thread was made long before the resource manager. it is now ideal to share your positions using the resouce manager instead of through a forum post.

---------------------------
background info:

animtool position files are text documents created and loaded by animtools that define a custom animation/position.
you can get the latest version of animtools in my loader imports thread in the 'loader imports' section of the main post:
https://www.undertow.club/threads/sbys-loader-imports-july-02-2017-uploaded-loaderpack-9.5030/
edit - mods now on the forum downloads: animtools

how to share:

since positions are just text files, they are easy to share. you can paste the text in a post, upload the text file, or provide a download link to the file. to keep things consistent, it would be ideal to post them with some type of name, the version of animtools it was made with, and if pasted text is used then put the text wrapped in a spoiler like so:

ATV_doggy_style3, version 2
camerax=290
cameray=-60
zoom=0.4
scenerotation=0
hertweenstartx=692.5
hertweenstarty=440
hertweenendx=765
hertweenendy=395
histweenstartx=-512.5
histweenstarty=527.5
histweenendx=-12.5
histweenendy=497.5
leftfootx=-415
leftfooty=1560
rightfootx=-402.5
rightfooty=1387.5
torsox=65
torsoy=1077.5
histweenstartskewx=0
histweenstartskewy=0
histweenendskewx=0
histweenendskewy=0
histweenstartang=-6.492624817418858
histweenendangle=2.5673907444456745e-16
hertweenstartang=0.1396263401595463
hertweenendangle=-0.4014257279586958
torsominang=-1.8959188445798656
torsoikoffsetang=2.245844289545065
torsoendrotationangle=0
torsoanglemodifier=1.7100000000000004
torsomindistance=164
torsodistancemultiplier=39.10000000000006
armpostype=1
armposx=690
armposy=1095
armpos2x=732.5
armpos2y=1055
handangler=-132
handanglel=-134
handrontit=0
handlontit=0
handrinverted=0
handlinverted=0
himhidden=-1
himreversed=1
setpenisoutbehind=1

to create a position file from this text, copy and save the spoiler-wrapped text into an empty text file, then save this file with some type of name. then place this file the the loader's 'Settings' folder for animtools to be able to use.
if you have off-site storage you prefer to use, simply provide the link to the text file instead of the spoiler-wrapped text.
edit: be courteous to dialog folks, don't have spaces or weird characters in the position file name if you upload a file. use underscores instead.

additional notes:

all of the positions i make are included with the animtools mod updates (including the example above), so i probably won't need to share mine here unless there are questions/requests ::)

if anyone wants their positions to be included with the collection of positions that come with animtools, feel free to ask. some may not be added if they are really similar to some already included, it is done sloppy, or just messed up. popular demand can overturn these faults.
Its unable to find the page is there an alternative?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.