Anarchy Reigns (1 Viewer)

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
I've been looking forward to this game some. I thought it was more like a beat 'em up game though?

ijama

Potential Patron
I've been looking forward to this game some. I thought it was more like a beat 'em up game though?

I would say its a mix, because its technically a fighting game because of the tag matches, but when i think of beat 'em up i think something along the lines of dynasty warriors lol

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
Yah I've been keeping an eye on this game myself for a little bit of time. I think its out soonish too which is quite good. Hoping there's some waist constriction in it to appeal to my ryona tastes, but I'll still be getting it even if it doesn't since it looks like a kinda fun game :D

C

Cloister

It's got potential. A few moves in the trailers look pretty satisfying. A recent character they revealed is a girl named Rinrin. She can snap people's necks with her legs. Not to mention various punches, kicks, and crazy weapons. Possibly throws. No idea if the game will be any good. Platinum Games usually reek style with a so-so track record when it comes to game play quality.

Bayonetta is scheduled to be a guest character via DLC. I'm going to assume all releases will have the opportunity to get her... unless it's some pre-order bonus scheme. Until then, time will tell.

Tali Zorah

Potential Patron
Platinum Games usually reek style with a so-so track record when it comes to game play quality.

Eumh? Platinum is pretty good, chek Bayonetta. Not good for Ryona though but an amazing game.

C

Cloister

Yeah, Bayonetta is a fine game. They also did MadWorld which was about middle of the road and is probably a fairer comparison to Anarchy Reigns considering all the returning characters. There's also Vanquish, and I didn't care much it. That's just my opinion, of course.

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
Though I don't own the console. This game is on my to-buy lists after I get one.
By far, Rin Rin is my the character I interested in most. I quite like her in MadWorld and she's improved alot in color. And she also got voiced by my favorite VA, Miyuki Sawashiro. :meaw:

Last edited by a moderator:

SplitRyona

Ryonani Teamster
Got the game today and am furiously playing it. Completed Black Side campaign, gotta do White Side. The total amount of girls I unlockes is 5 so far - Mathilda, Sasha, and three Rin girls. There's four more unlockable characters I think. See you in a few hours.

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
^Did you import? Coz I heard that at this point, only Japan got the game at the intended launch, whilst Sega has delayed the launch date for the rest of the world at Q1 2013(and could potentially cancel it). What's worse, was that this was done without Platinum games' knowledge when they said that all the localisation had been finalised.

SplitRyona

Ryonani Teamster
I didn't import - JTAG. I'm surprised why they delayed the game for US and Europe for another 8 months. The game is ready, it has JP, english, spanish, italian and french voice acting and subtitles. Sega's troll move?

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
Well if it's a troll move, they're trolling nobody but themselves, and maybe Platinum studios. If sega want to make any sort of money of this game, then it would make sense to launch now, on a quiet month rather than trying to launch march where it's gonna get buried under bioshock, God of War Ascension, and about 4 or 5 other bigger titles. It's like sega corporate played a whole lot of Dynasty Warriors games, and got inspired by Zhuge Liang making failure look like a tactical ploy.

mind_games_by_rydain-d4r8i8l.jpg

Cnby

Ryonani Teamster

Quick video from the Japanese ryona board for those waiting. This doesn't contain all of the grabs or characters. Looks like the uploader only chose those that interested him. Anyways there are also certain enemies and bosses with grabs that wander each stage.

Berserker - A large black mutant creature. These guys will rush at your character and pin them to the ground. If you don't press buttons fast enough it will bite down on your characters head and swing them around for a second or two. It will then grab your character with both of its hands and pull with its mouth, as if trying to tear their head off. Unfortunately your character dies and falls to the ground after a second of tugging. No decapitation or anything like that. It might be different for foreign copies but I wouldn't hold my breath. Still, I like how the character kicks their legs when their head is in its mouth.

Mutant Plant - Giant plant sprouting from a single, thick, curled stalk. The plant will grab your character with its mouth if they get too close. It will then swing them around before biting(?) down on them, killing them. Like the Berserker the corpse just falls onto the ground. No swallowing or gore.

Kraken - The Kraken is, as one would guess, a gigantic squid. During your fight with it it can lift its body to expose its mouth. The mouth can telescope out to grab your character, at which point it will start chewing on them, draining their health. Again just like the Berserker and Mutant Plant your corpse will simply fall on the floor if you die in the grab.

Parasite - These are large slug/worm-like creatures that usually appear wherever the Kraken does. They can leap onto your character and swallow them whole. If you're inside one your health will slowly drain. Unfortunately much like the other enemies in this list if your health drains all the way the Parasite will simply pop, freeing your character who will then fall to the floor dead.

Characters can also be electrocuted, frozen solid, and gassed.

Most of the creatures mentioned above can appear in the multiplayer maps. But you often have AI or other players to contend with. Typically you're limited to your choice of character in the campaign but if you beat the entire thing you can choose any stage you want and play through them with any character. Makes things a lot easier when looking for ryona. There is also a simulator/training mode that lets you choose characters so you can test out grabs on female characters. That simulator mode is shown in the video I posted.

Last edited by a moderator:

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
I didn't import - JTAG. I'm surprised why they delayed the game for US and Europe for another 8 months. The game is ready, it has JP, english, spanish, italian and french voice acting and subtitles. Sega's troll move?

SEGA of America and SEGA of Europe are in dire situations. They just faced a series of layoffs and closures earlier this year. I think the problem is they don't want to pay to distribute it, fearing it'll fail. This actually would be the perfect time to release it, but I guess they think otherwise. It looks like the situation as it stands is a "wait and see" sort of thing. They're probably closely analyzing sales in Japan and they're also seeing if they can turn things around, with a lot of their hope riding on the new Aliens: Colonial Marines game that has been long in development by Gearbox.

Besides that, they've also announced that they're only focusing on the Total War, Pro Football Manager, and Sonic the Hedgehog franchises primarily besides Aliens, for now. These are all money-making franchises (which is why they recently announced Total War: Rome II and Sonic Adventure 2 HD) and safe bets in both territories. They're also banking on HD re-releases like NiGHTS into Dreams HD and Jet Set Radio HD, as well. It appears that SEGA of Japan will continue as normal, making Yakuza 5, and they just released this recently. All we can do now is hope for the best for SEGA.

I've been watching this game since its reveal way back, and the demo was quite fun, so it does peeve me that the release was pushed way back despite localization being complete, but I understand their financial situation. If worst comes to worst, I'll just import eventually.

olala

Potential Patron
i want to see p2jack superb bp moves!and hellyae bayonetta superb multiple gk worked against female villain;P

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.