Aion Online - Slider Mod (supports 6.5) (1 Viewer)

JustGuy

Casual Client
Update: Confirmed working up until Aion 6.5 (April 2019)
Thanks to the wonders of modding it is now possible to go beyond the slider limits in Aion Online.
For what purpose? Well...

1361671y6.png

1-6712-0691.png

But besides breast size you can also do this for many other body parts - arms, head, legs ... anything for which there are sliders in the game really.

How does it work?
Inside your Aion\Data folder is another folder named "custompreset", which has just one file in it: custompreset.pak

If you don't know, a *.pak really is a kind of .zip file...so inside this archive you'll see a file named bodytypes.xml, which has the slider data.
By default this file written in binary .xml, so you can't edit it. But on the previous GVZ forum user "Chunky99999" translated this file to normal .xml and posted it. I fiddled around a bit and learned how to easily modify AION's slider values, which is what I'm posting here.

Download
First you'll need to download a patched custompreset.pak file. There are two attached below, at the bottom of this post.
  • Aion 5.0 or above clients: Download Aion50_custompreset.zip
  • Aion 4.9 or below clients (private servers): Download custompreset.zip
Be sure to download the file that matches your game version!

The patched custompreset files below already come with a notable boost to female character bust size. But if you wish to learn how further increase them or any other Aion sliders yourself continue reading.

Installation
To install the file you downloaded, copy-paste or drag-drop the new custompresent.pak inside to the following folder:
Code:
(...)\Aion\data\custompreset.
Overwrite when asked.
!! DO NOT EXTRACT or UNPACK the contents of the patched custompresent.pak itself !!
Slider changes are done by editing bodytypes.xml while it is still inside the archive, and then having the archive update with the changes.

Some clients (Gameforge) check for modified files and 'repair' them every time you launch the game. If you have a client like that drag-drop the patched custompresent.pak into its folder after the file check but before the game is fully loaded.

Slider Modding (optional)
- You can only edit custompreset.pak while you are not running the game.
- You need a file archiver tool (like 7zip) and a text editor (WordPad preferred) to edit these values.
  1. Open the patched custompresent.pak you downloaded from this post with 7zip and locate bodytypes.xml inside. It should be atop of the list.
  2. Open bodytypes.xml with your text editor. It will look like this:
    140991190985.png
  3. Scroll down or use search function to locate the lines for the element you want to modify. Examples: 'bust' for breasts, 'head' for head, and so on.
Now let's take a look at the above screenshot:
  • The "Max" and "Min" values in a BodyScale display line (red underline) are the slider limits used in the character creation. Putting a higher 'max' (e.g. 5.0) will up that limit, so you can go beyond the normal sliders next time you make a character.
  • Within a BodyScale entry there are two fields:
    Scale bone (red square in the screenshot)
    Trans bone (right under scale bone).
    These values affect all your current characters.
  • Scale bone affects that body part on your characters the most, and is the main value to edit.
    Trans bone also affects that body part, but to a lesser extent and in different ways.
In other words, you can just put higher values in scale bone and/or trans bone to make things bigger. It works the same for all body parts.
Here is what higher values in each field do for breast size:
- Scale bone [x] -> Affects breast depth (how far they stretch forward when seen from the side)
- Scale bone [y] -> Affects breast height (how far they stretch top and bottom. This doesn't affect the location of the breast on the torso!)
- Scale bone [z] -> Affects breast width (how wide they appear when seen from the front)

- Trans bone [x] -> Unsure, doesn't seem to do anything (?)
- Trans bone [y] -> Higher values cause torpedo tits
- Trans bone [z] -> Forces breasts to face outwards/be more apart at higher values

Increments of 0.2 are usually already notable, so there is no need to go overboard.

Rounding Up
When done with your edits just 'exit' the archive (big red [X]), and answer 'yes' to all questions and notifications thrown your way. Now the custompreset.pak archive will update itself the changes. Launch Aion and enjoy.

If you want the original custompreset back just delete the file and do a file repair. Or back it up before proceeding.

Tips & Notes
  • Changes are only visible to you, but other characters on your screen may also be affected.
  • Different values look great or horrible depending on the costume you are using.
  • Too high values (beyond 7.0) can cause client instability and crashes.

• If you want to swap between different sizes make separate backups of different modified custompreset.pak files. There is no such thing as a live updater for Aion, so you need to swap out the custompresent file with the version you want and reload the game.
  • Updates will download the default custompreset.pak. You need to replace it with the modded version after.
  • Tools like Fraps or Shadowplay gives higher quality screenshots than the in-game screenshot function.
Hope you enjoy, if what is written above worked for you be sure to show off your creation sometime.

Attachments

custompreset.zip
486.9 KB · Views: 802

Aion50_custompreset.zip
587.3 KB · Views: 508

Last edited:

aquasilva

Potential Patron
Can you tell me what values are needed to get something like the first image? that one looks very balanced

JustGuy

Casual Client
Can you tell me what values are needed to get something like the first image? that one looks very balanced

<Scale bone="L_Bust" x="1" y="1.1" z="1.1" />
<Scale bone="R_Bust" x="1" y="1.1" z="1.1" />

Something around this range. I am not 100% sure.
You can always start there and work your way up in 0.1-0.2 increments.

Last edited by a moderator:

aquasilva

Potential Patron
I need a little help here, when I try to modify the file in wordpad after saving, my 7zip says cannot modify [FONT=Lato, serif]bodytypes.xml and later it says cannot update the file.[/FONT]

JustGuy

Casual Client
I need a little help here, when I try to modify the file in wordpad after saving, my 7zip says cannot modify bodytypes.xml and later it says cannot update the file.
You can only edit the file while not running the game in any way. Check if there are no aion processes running in the task manager.
You also need to modify the bodytypes.xml file while it is in the .pak archive (don't extract the contents -- repacking it is a pain)
Hope this helps somehow.
If it doesn't tell me I'll upload a custompreset.pak with the 1/1.1/1.1 values later.

aquasilva

Potential Patron
Well I did what you told me, but when I try to save 7zip says the file cannot be modified T-T the values I got in there from the start are:

<Scale bone="L_Bust" x="1.9" y="2.0" z="1.8" />
<Scale bone="R_Bust" x="1.9" y="2.0" z="1.8" />

If this is more than the normal preset in Aion then also the bat file isn't working cause I see them normal xD

JustGuy

Casual Client
Well I did what you told me, but when I try to save 7zip says the file cannot be modified T-T the values I got in there from the start are:
If this is more than the normal preset in Aion then also the bat file isn't working cause I see them normal xD
/edit: This was caused by a corrupted file, new version below.

Attachments

custompreset.zip
486.9 KB · Views: 300

Last edited by a moderator:

aquasilva

Potential Patron
Oh that did work! Thanks a lot, maybe the other one was corrupt or something, this one did work ^^ now I only need to find something that takes off those shorts they implemented (they look horrible) xD

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
Requesting a mod to once more update the thread title..sorry for the hassle. Thx in advance.

What did you want the new title to be? :rolleyes:
Very rspectfully,
fleet (moderator)

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
It appears this is something you're going to continue to support, and it does not contain nudity: I've moved it to Game Mods.
Very respectfully,
fleet (moderator)

Q

Qanphix

I installed the game thrue the forge, edited the file in notepad as in just increased max bust size to try it out, replaced the file with the one that is suppose to work after 5.0 version... but once i start the game it repairs that file with the old one, how can i get around this!?

JustGuy

Casual Client
I installed the game thrue the forge, edited the file in notepad as in just increased max bust size to try it out, replaced the file with the one that is suppose to work after 5.0 version... but once i start the game it repairs that file with the old one, how can i get around this!?
The file you downloaded from the first post already comes with a changed bust size.

You can drag-drop this new custompreset.pak file into the \Aion\data\custompreset folder -after- your client is done with its file check (but before the game is fully loaded). This bypasses the file repair.

In the past you could launch Aion via a .bat file to bypass the file repair, but they removed this option in a later patch. So, if you use a client like gameforge which tries to repair modified files everytime it is launched, you'll need to drag-drop the modified custompreset.pak into said folder manually every time after the file check is finished.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.