Age of Barbarian (1 Viewer)

ajstevus

Ryonani Teamster
The french version of the site has an update...with new screenshots...but thats all >_>

I did a Google translate on what they have posted in their Italian section of the website, where they have the "new" screenshots (I noticed that most of them are rehashes from before, with only a couple of actually new ones, but whatever). It reads:

We decided to make sure that Age of Barbarian is the best possible at the time of launch.
We are adding dynamic shadows for sprites, improving the gameplay and maps and improving the details of the game.
So, we postponed the release date in November.
For all those who have pre-ordered, we ask for your patience as we move toward the final release date.

So there you have it. A delay on the release date, always a good sign from a low-budget company that's already been collecting pre-orders for months now. Here's hoping something eventually comes of this, but I'm damn leery now.

C

coyoteman362001

So there you have it. A delay on the release date, always a good sign from a low-budget company that's already been collecting pre-orders for months now. Here's hoping something eventually comes of this, but I'm damn leery now.

Well, to be fair, many big-budget games have been guilty of delays, too. (Tomb Raider, for instance...) I guess what makes this one bad is that the delay is announced on the supposed day of the release instead of ahead of time. However, it was only pushed out to November, which really isn't that long (compared to the delays of many big-budget games). Also, for pre-orders, they've been sold out of the (more expensive) collector's edition for a long time, which I don't think would be the case if this were some sort of scam. In any case, I'd rather they take another month to polish the game a bit rather than release a buggy game now, if that's the state it's in. If December rolls around and another delay is announced, then I would say a pattern is emerging and then I would get a bit worried. We'll know soon enough.

ajstevus

Ryonani Teamster
There is only 1 week left for november.Still no news...

Have a bad feeling that the free wallpaper they released back on Nov. 10th may be all we hear out of them. I knew when they said it had been pushed to "in November" without a firm date we wouldn't be seeing anything until the 30th, if at all.

When I saw you had posted in this thread, I got excited. :( Sorry if I just did the same thing to anyone else. The game will suck, without question, but it was clearly crafted with ryona appeal in mind, and sometimes that's enough. Now to see if it ever comes out, or winds up being vaporware like too many others.

jridden

Potential Patron
They released a free wallpaper in the early of november.About middle of november they updated the logo piceture(older one is that woman hug the man's leg),so I thought the game will released soon,but......

Rakkar

Potential Patron
There has been an update, release is "scheduled" for dec 7 and there are some new screenshots
CRIAN SOFT
I don't think I'd preorder at this time but I'll buy it when it releases

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
this screenshot seems promising

Age_of_Barbarian_new_31.jpg

ajstevus

Ryonani Teamster
Well, the game is supposed to come out today. Has anyone pre-ordered it? Or has anyone already purchased it? Looking for a quick review, to let me know if the ryona is decent. Trying to find out if it's worth my money. Is it another game with just one death animation, no voices, and choppy framerate? If so, I can skip it. But if it has some variation, custom game over scenes, and decent voice work, I can probably come up with the $20.

BoRaicho

Ryonani Teamster
I am just curious, its already the 8th December and there is no option to buy/order the product...

C

coyoteman362001

I just got an email from Crian Soft with the download link, so it has been released. The file is 2.5 GB, which is going to take a while for me to download, probably overnight, so I won't be able to confirm any ryona content until at least tomorrow. But I can confirm that it has been released.

ajstevus

Ryonani Teamster
Glad to hear the game exists. Big question: is Sheyna a fully-playable character from the beginning, with her own story mode, or is she a minor playable character a la Rachel or Momiji in Ninja Gaiden, or Catwoman in Batman Arkham City? Just curious if she only enters the story part-way in and only has a couple of playable chapters, or if she is literally half of the tale. My other questions from earlier are still applicable, too. :)

Hope it's a fun one. Very excited to hear what people on this site think.

Toffi

Content Creator
Anybody else preordered it and haven't gotten a link yet?
Kinda frustrating when you see the download button on the page and can't download even though you paid for it already.

vardaeregion

Ryonani Teamster
Played the game today.

First of all, you can choose the character from the beginning.

Second, its an unforgiving game.

Still fun though, and lotsa potential for gruesome failure. Most annoying problem is that it's a game where you only have one life at the beginning of each level, and those drag on quite long. If you die, you start over, if you haven't collected any extra life.

I'm kinda stuck now at Karazza mountains. I try to climb a mountain with nowhere to go at the end, where an impossible jump awaits. Meanwhile all caves yield nothing except a few items that wont help me cross.

Last edited by a moderator:

fedefyr

Ryonani Teamster
Played the game today.

First of all, you can choose the character from the beginning.

Second, its an unforgiving game.

Still fun though, and lotsa potential for gruesome failure. Most annoying problem is that it's a game where you only have one life at the beginning of each level, and those drag on quite long. If you die, you start over, if you haven't collected any extra life.

I'm kinda stuck now at Karazza mountains. I try to climb a mountain with nowhere to go at the end, where an impossible jump awaits. Meanwhile all caves yield nothing except a few items that wont help me cross.

"Gruesome failure" = ryona?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.