About to dump an ungodly amount of pics onto my deviantart page..... (1 Viewer)

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
barefoot_domination_title__by_anotherguttersnipe-d4bd176.jpg

anotherguttersnipe on deviantART

Should have about 62 images(this one included) uploaded in the next half-hour or so.

Wanted to finish the match, but it's getting late here, and I've still got a fair way to go. Anyways, enjoy :)

Last edited by a moderator:

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
Thanks dude. :) Although I wish I could use the uberenvironment once more. Perhaps once I finally get this new laptop.....

Ginazi

Ryonani Teamster
Her eyes are too big, which causes her face to look rather funny. Apart from that those are awesome renders, anotherguttersnipe. Great work.

onlinehero

Casual Client
Yep, those pics are really great, awesome job! Also really nice that there are so many of them :)
Would be nice to see some superheroines as victims too but the wrestling ryona is good as well :P

kained

Ryonani Teamster
I like the eyes, I think she looks very cute. I hope to see the same girl again! I'd love to see a handicap match. The more unfair things are for the girl the better in my view.

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
Slight problem with the handicap idea. On my current computer, the lag from using more than one model would be atrocious-assuming Daz doesn't freakout and crash on me.

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
I know how you feel man. My last PC could barely manage two people on Daz, and I kid you not, it took a good hour or so to get a decent render the moment I tried to slap some lighting on. Replaced that machine about two years ago mind you, whilst in this day of age it's not top of the line, its still a very good machine. I can now get about six people onto daz before it goes a bit crazy and crashes, and renders with lighting and effects take minutes now. My biggest renders when I make a huge image tends to be about 20 mins. If ye can manage it, I would reccomend upgrading when ye can.

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
I know how you feel man. My last PC could barely manage two people on Daz, and I kid you not, it took a good hour or so to get a decent render the moment I tried to slap some lighting on. Replaced that machine about two years ago mind you, whilst in this day of age it's not top of the line, its still a very good machine. I can now get about six people onto daz before it goes a bit crazy and crashes, and renders with lighting and effects take minutes now. My biggest renders when I make a huge image tends to be about 20 mins. If ye can manage it, I would reccomend upgrading when ye can.

Oh believe me. It's one of my top priorities atm.

May I ask how you generally set up your lighting when you're doing renders? Coz I was taught a lighting method that takes about 2/3 minutes to render-even with my laptop's shitty specs.

Ginazi

Ryonani Teamster
Lol. I kinda went for an anime-ish look for the girl. But thanks for the feedback all the same.

I understand what you were trying to accomplish, but it strikes me as a tad inconsistent. Everything else in those renders looks realistic: her body and hair, the male wrestler and even the setting, the ring, look very down-to-earth.

onlinehero

Casual Client
I like the girl as well. And hey! There are lots of other pics where anotherguttersnipe has used other girls with smaller eyes.

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
I understand what you were trying to accomplish, but it strikes me as a tad inconsistent. Everything else in those renders looks realistic: her body and hair, the male wrestler and even the setting, the ring, look very down-to-earth.

IMO, it's no more inconsistant than the character models in games like tekken/soul calibur, etc. Still, thanks for the construct feedback all the same.

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
While I also prefer a more "realistic" looking model, I understand the appeal of the anime eyes. They can be very expressive and help avoid that "dead look" that plagues a lot of 3D models. I think you've found a good balance between the cartoonish face and the realistic body proportions. The lighting you use is also solid. Your images have a fine quality of depth and dimensions to them.

If I may make one request: Thigh high boots or socks on one of your models, maybe? :)

Ginazi

Ryonani Teamster
I like the girl as well. And hey! There are lots of other pics where anotherguttersnipe has used other girls with smaller eyes.

Yeah, but this girl is the only one that is featured in anotherguttersnipe's mixed ryona (a man beating up a woman) and this is the only type of ryona I enjoy.

IMO, it's no more inconsistant than the character models in games like tekken/soul calibur, etc. Still, thanks for the construct feedback all the same.

Could you elaborate on what's wrong with characters in those games? I can agree that the girls' faces in Soul Calibur 4 and 5 look weird, but I can see nothing wrong about them in SC 1 to 3 and in the Tekken series.

Anyway, the reason why the face of that girl in your renders stands out so much in my opinion is because everything else looks spot-on. And there's precious little of intergender ryona out there.

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
Could you elaborate on what's wrong with characters in those games? I can agree that the girls' faces in Soul Calibur 4 and 5 look weird, but I can see nothing wrong about them in SC 1 to 3 and in the Tekken series.

Anyway, the reason why the face of that girl in your renders stands out so much in my opinion is because everything else looks spot-on. And there's precious little of intergender ryona out there.

It's not so much that there is anything wrong with them. Characters like Asuka Kazama and Ling Xiaoyu have a kind of anime-ish look to their faces. But then I think that's what adds to their appeal as characters. When I say inconsistant, I'm comparing the female faces to male faces, which for the most part look more realistic in games such as tekken/soul calibur against female faces. Much like the male model I used here.

If I may make one request: Thigh high boots or socks on one of your models, maybe? :)

I'll think about it. But I am impartial to kneepads :P

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
Lighting wise I have cheated since the dawn of time. I load a scene up called Lost Garden which has four sets of lights I use and mess around with. Three Diffuse lights and one Sunlight light. Its a case of messing around with them for a min or so and I get the lighting I desire for a lot of my images, for panels and smaller images it only takes a few mins. It's only when its a big 2500x2500 style image that it can take a long time.

As for the discussion of the character, I really like her personally. I think the anime'ish look works for her very well. Attire wise I would probably have her midriff left bare, but that is just my own preference. Truth be told the attire she has suits her really well I believe. I think the great thing about this series of images is that you've included a bit of something for many wrestling ryona fans with the various moves and what not. :D

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
been following your stuff for a while on Da you have been making that ponytail girl cuter and cuter. I like her though I think my fav is the blonde in the blue outfit or the black haired girl in the orange.. This set is looking good and I like the impact effects

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
Lighting wise I have cheated since the dawn of time. I load a scene up called Lost Garden which has four sets of lights I use and mess around with. Three Diffuse lights and one Sunlight light. Its a case of messing around with them for a min or so and I get the lighting I desire for a lot of my images, for panels and smaller images it only takes a few mins. It's only when its a big 2500x2500 style image that it can take a long time.

As for the discussion of the character, I really like her personally. I think the anime'ish look works for her very well. Attire wise I would probably have her midriff left bare, but that is just my own preference. Truth be told the attire she has suits her really well I believe. I think the great thing about this series of images is that you've included a bit of something for many wrestling ryona fans with the various moves and what not. :D

The technique I use for lighting was taught to me by Torqual3D. I use 4 directional lights facing North South East and West. Tilt them down at a 20 degree angle, and set each light to 25% intensity, and the shadow mapping to 30%. Then I finish it off with a spotlight attached to the main camera at 30-40% intensity, and the spread angle maxed out pointed at what I wanna focus on. As you can see, the end result has just enough shading to fill in crevases such as mouths and the like, without the shadows being so deep that they ruin the lighting on the characters. Though the raw render straight out of Daz looks a little bland, it's easily fixed with a few blending layers on photoshop.

As far as the character herself and attire and everything goes, I draw my inspiration from japanese wrestling studios such as Super sonic satellites and Laputa pro-style, Rumble Roses, and the lesser known Wrestle Angels series. As far as posing sequences goes, that inspiration comes more from King's grapple combinations from Tekken. My favorite holds are abdominal stretch variants, and so I'll endeavour to include one in any sequence I pose. But I like most submission holds in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.