A few questions about making dialogues. (1 Viewer)

Deviant Alias

Vivacious Visitor
I've been playing this game for a while, but only recently have I begun fiddling with creating my own dialogues. I've already made a basic dialogue that works without error, and supports Animtools. But have some questions about more advanced things.

1. What methods are there for changing her clothing via dialogues? What are the simplest ways, and what are the more complex ones? Not wanting to set the world on fire here, like the intricate and fantastic work done on Slave Bazaar. More thinking something basic, like applying a gag when she is pulled up and removing it when she is pulled down.

2. Is it possible for dialogue to acknowledge such a change in her attire? For example, her having a different set of thoughts when gagged / ungagged. I'm certain this is possible when paired with my first question, likely with the use of variables. But can this be done when a player changes clothing via the menu instead of a mechanism built into the dialogue itself?

3. Is it possible to have separate dialogues that interact with one another? For example, a variable set by one dialogue being used by another when it is loaded. I think Slave Bazaar does something like this for the shop for instance. If it can be done, what are the limitations? Would they need to be bundled together like Slave Bazaar?

4. If #3 can be done, would it be possible to create two 'companion' dialogues that recognize when you've been using the other? For example you have two dialogues, each with two sets of lines. One if loaded first, one if loaded after the other. In this example lets say its two 'partners' giving/receiving depending on which dialogue is loaded. You load dialogue A, and when you then load dialogue B (so the roles are reversed) dialogue B would acknowledge the reciprocation. Likewise if you load them in the other order.

5. I know there's a trigger for dialogue based on when her head is grabbed. Is there a way to change variables when it is released by the player, instead of the release being triggered within the dialogue?

If I end up making a few dialogues to test the waters, I'll probably not be so ambitious as to employ these advanced methods in my first ones. But I am curious to know the answers for future prospects.

I have more questions regarding editing existing dialogues, and publishing them. I was thinking as a bit of a pet project, I might go through a slew of existing dialogues that don't already support Animtools and adding it in. What are the easiest methods to get in touch with the authors of these dialogues? If the original author can't be reached, is it okay to post an edited version on the forum instead of keeping it for personal use?

Thanks in advance.

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
What are the easiest methods to get in touch with the authors of these dialogues? If the original author can't be reached, is it okay to post an edited version on the forum instead of keeping it for personal use?

Go to the persons profile by clicking on their name under their profile picture in a post they've made. Check the last time the where seen to see if they're dead and if not send them a private message by clicking on the information tab and ask them for permission to release an edited version of their dialogue. I've heard others say its ok to still release if they haven't replied after a reasonable amount of time.

All ways give credit.

Rudgar

Content Creator
Ahoy!

Some interesting questions - I'll try my best
1. What methods are there for changing her clothing via dialogues? What are the simplest ways, and what are the more complex ones?
There are 2 main ways comgin to my mind here:
  1. Use @sby 's moreclothing first. After having loaded it, use [LOAD_CHARCODE] / [LOAD_CHARCODE2] from Pim_gd Pim_gd 's DialogueAction. To get more information read the well documented intructions of both mods, in particular the file "triggers.txt" by Pim_gd.
    To me personally this seems the easier way though it needs more preparation by setting up and configuring moreclothing.
  2. Use Pim_gd Pim_gd 's DialogueAction directly. To get more information read the well documented intructions of both mods, in particular the file "variables.txt" by Pim_gd. (yes, this is the way @WeeWillie goes within his slave bazaar). This is the more complex way but it lets you more freedom (no limitation to what is provided by another mod)
2. Is it possible for dialogue to acknowledge such a change in her attire? For example, her having a different set of thoughts when gagged / ungagged. I'm certain this is possible when paired with my first question, likely with the use of variables. But can this be done when a player changes clothing via the menu instead of a mechanism built into the dialogue itself?
It actually should be possible by checking the variables described in the documentation file "variables.txt" within Pim_gd Pim_gd 's DialogueAction

3. Is it possible to have separate dialogues that interact with one another? For example, a variable set by one dialogue being used by another when it is loaded.
Again there are two ideas coming up when reading the question.
  1. I recommend to read documentation file "About variable scopes.txt" within Pim_gd Pim_gd 's DialogueAction. I never used global variables but to me it sounds like a well planned and well implemented feature.
  2. For I personally prefer importing additional dialogue files with "da.dialogue.import" I don't have the problem because this keeps all variables I declared before importing the other file and makes them usable there. To get more information read the file "variables.txt" by Pim_gd.

I think Slave Bazaar does something like this for the shop for instance. If it can be done, what are the limitations? Would they need to be bundled together like Slave Bazaar?
Phew, let me put this to be answered later, okay?

4. If #3 can be done, would it be possible to create two 'companion' dialogues that recognize when you've been using the other? For example you have two dialogues, each with two sets of lines. One if loaded first, one if loaded after the other. In this example lets say its two 'partners' giving/receiving depending on which dialogue is loaded. You load dialogue A, and when you then load dialogue B (so the roles are reversed) dialogue B would acknowledge the reciprocation. Likewise if you load them in the other order.
I'd solve this problem with a unique variable in each of the dialogue. The other dialoge then tests if the other's variable is greater than 0 (it is 0 when not declared at all)
So dialogue b checks if there is a variable a having a value greater than 0 - this indicated that dialogue a has been loaded before. And vice versa

5. I know there's a trigger for dialogue based on when her head is grabbed. Is there a way to change variables when it is released by the player, instead of the release being triggered within the dialogue?
Not sure what you want to know now ...

[...] What are the easiest methods to get in touch with the authors of these dialogues?
Writing them a message?

If the original author can't be reached, is it okay to post an edited version on the forum instead of keeping it for personal use?
It should be - if you at least mention him as credits.

HTH

Respectfully, Rudgar

edgelord 3000

Content Creator

There's a check to see if her head is held:
Code:
{"held":"true"}

Which AFAIK works the same way as the HELD trigger, only you can set it to "false" to make unique non-held dialogue as well.

Deltavoid

Content Creator
A few helpful tips on dialogues:
  • variables can only be saved and loaded from the global namespace.
  • linked global variables do not update automatically.
  • da.clothhes.<article>.type (ex: da.clothes.gag.type) is a viable variable and will return the name of the article she is wearing.(ex: da.clothes.gag.type will only return "Ring" if she is wearing the ring gag, instead of "Ring,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1")
I may add more later on, but these are just a few things i have had to find for myself that are not made 100% clear in the documentation.^^

Rudgar

Content Creator
A few helpful tips on dialogues:
  • [...]
  • da.clothhes.<article>.type (ex: da.clothes.gag.type) is a viable variable and will return the name of the article she is wearing.(ex: da.clothes.gag.type will only return "Ring" if she is wearing the ring gag, instead of "Ring,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1")
Not sure about this because for to me documentation clearly says read and write:
Code:
da.clothes.<clothingType>.<colorComponent> {read and write}
--clothingType = any of these: "ankleCuffs", "armwear", "bellyPiercing", "bottoms", "collar", "cuffs", "earring", "eyewear", "footwear", "gag", "headwear", "himBottoms", "himFootwear", "himTop", "legwear", "legwearB", "nipplePiercing", "panties", "tonguePiercing", "top", "tops"
--colorComponent = any of these: "r", "g", "b", "a", "r2", "g2", "b2", "a2". r, g, b and their r2, g2, b2 cousins are from 0 to 255. a and a2 are from 0 to 1
da.clothes.<clothingType> {read and write} - set a lot in one go. Formats: Type,R,G,B,A,R2,G2,B2,A2 OR Type,R,G,B,R2,G2,B2 (might set A and A2 to 1) OR Type,R,G,B,A OR Type,R,G,B - see the table below for which one you need

[... skip to the very end of the file ...]

For clothes, clothingType (Loader mod clothing may use different amounts of values, which is why DA supports 8 RGBA for all)
[panties]   3 RGB values
[bottoms] (her pants)  6 RGB values
[legwear]   8 RGBA values
[legwearB]   8 RGBA values
[footwear]   6 RGB values
[top]  (her bra)  3 RGB values
[tops]  (her shirt) 4 RGBA values
[armwear]   3 RGB values
[eyewear]   3 RGB values
[headwear]   6 RGB values
[tonguePiercing]  3 RGB values
[nipplePiercing]  3 RGB values
[bellyPiercing]   3 RGB values
[earring]   3 RGB values
[collar]   6 RGB values
[cuffs]    6 RGB values
[ankleCuffs]   6 RGB values
[gag]    3 RGB values
[himTop] 3 RGB values, male body only
[himBottoms] 3 RGB values, male body only
[himFootwear] 3 RGB values

Maybe one just has to add the color component even when reading it?

Respectfully, Rudgar

Deltavoid

Content Creator
Not sure about this because for to me documentation clearly says read and write:
Maybe one just has to add the color component even when reading it?
I am not quite sure what you mean.
Using a white Ring gag, the following dialogue:
Code:
general:"*da.clothes.gag*"
returns "ring,255,255,255,1,0,0,0,1." I would like to point out that I am using allalphasliders, which is why mine returns both r,g,b,a and r2,g2,b2,a2. Without it, I only get "ring,255,255,255,1."
Code:
general:"*da.clothes.gag.type*"
returns "ring."
Code:
general:"*da.clothes.gag.r*,*da.clothes.gag.g*,*da.clothes.gag.b*,*da.clothies.gag.a*,*da.clothes.gag.r2*,*da.clothes.gag.g2*,*da.clothes.gag.b2*,*da.clothes.gag.a2*"
returns "255,255,255,1,0,0,0,1."
Code:
general:"[SETVAR_da.clothes.gag.type_Dental]"
changes her gag from "Ring" to "Dental".

Deviant Alias

Vivacious Visitor
The Hacker Known As Snow The Hacker Known As Snow
Thank you, I will keep this in mind for the future.

Rudgar Rudgar
A lot of insightful answers here, thank you. It sounds like Dialogue Actions holds even more useful features than I had realized at first.

edgelord 3000 edgelord 3000
This answered my question concisely, thank you.

Deltavoid Deltavoid
I appreciate the tips, thank you.

I've thought of another question since I posted my first list. A lot can be done to alter Her. Can her penis, or lack there of be altered by a dialogue? I believe there are one or two transformation dialogues floating around. But transformation is the set-up for them, rather than something which happens during play.

I know Slave Bazaar features breast expansion / reduction, so I know one half of such a scene is already possible.
Could a complete mtf or ftm transformation be achieved during the dialogue itself?

Deltavoid

Content Creator
Deviant Alias Deviant Alias
DA documentation
Variables.txt
lines 79-83
Code:
da.her.body.penis {read and write} - Controls her penis type. Values are "None", "Penis A", "Penis B" and "Strapon".
da.her.body.penis.length {read and write} - Controls her penis length. Values range from 0.7 to 1.2 normally, but with mods this can change. See minSize and maxSize variables.
da.her.body.penis.width {read and write} - Controls her penis width. Values range from 0.7 to 1.2 normally, but with mods this can change. See minSize and maxSize variables.
da.her.body.penis.minSize {read only} - Retrieves her min penis size. Useful in combination with penisrange mod.
da.her.body.penis.maxSize {read only} - Retrieves her max penis size. Useful in combination with penisrange mod.

Rudgar

Content Creator
Code:
general:"*da.clothes.gag*"
returns "ring,255,255,255,1,0,0,0,1." I would like to point out that I am using allalphasliders, which is why mine returns both r,g,b,a and r2,g2,b2,a2. Without it, I only get "ring,255,255,255,1."
This is what I meant!
Code:
general:"*da.clothes.gag.type*"
returns "ring."
... which makes absolutely sense.

Respectfully, Rudgar

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.