Zako Artwork (13 Viewers)

Watt Khan

Club Regular
That's a pretty good Soozie you got there!!
She's pretty hot and toned!

Also, I'd like to request one more thing before you disappear
Can you draw the Amazon zakos from the Taito arcade game Light Bringer/Dungeon Magic?
They're my fav arcade zakos, and I prefer the rarer white-armored variant:
View attachment 133677View attachment 133676View attachment 133678

Also if you can, draw them in their sexy defeated pose, maybe with blood flowing from their mouth/forehead as a little detail:
View attachment 133675

In case you don't know about the game:

We'll see man. No promises, I might do it or I might do something else. Or maybe the Soozie art will be my last art before I reappear again much later (maybe sometime in May).

Watt Khan

Club Regular
Any of you here who is well versed with zakos should know about Space Cobra, the anime/manga from the 1980s. Not every show has a charmingly sadistic Jean-Paul Belmondo lookalike basically committing underwater zako genocide. Yeah, that's right I'm talking about the ever famous Space Cobra seamen (women?). They're a bunch of female zakos genetically altered to breath underwater through their hair. Manga panel for reference (1st image) plus my art (2nd image):

Space Adventure Cobra Comic Edit 16.png

Space Cobra - Seaman or woman.png

I know that the pink spandex look is more iconic. But, I really have a soft spot for the manga version of the seamen. Their costumes also seem lot more practical in the manga version. The green colour at least offers a bit of underwater camouflage, unlike the conspicuous pink uniforms. Alright now talking about technical art stuff. This is undoubtedly the most impressive thing I've ever done artistically bar none. I finally made use of the multiply feature to ensure that the character blends well with the background. I also wanted to play and experiment a bit with the framing of this piece. I just got fed up with seeing rectangles and invisible backgrounds. Anyways, hope you like the art!

Edit: Minor changes to art

Last edited:

jettmanas

Master of this Domain
Well done. Solid poses.
Impressive use of blends. Good point on bgs. I sometimes do them for zako art.
Never heard of Space Cobra. Interesting.

Last edited:

Watt Khan

Club Regular
Well done. A variety of solid poses. Poor ladies!
Impressive use of blends. Good point on bgs. I sometimes do them for zako art.
Never heard of Space Cobra. Interesting.
Just so we're clear here, the first image is from the manga itself.
The second image is the fanart. :smile:

Zufallx

Swell Supporter
Any of you here who is well versed with zakos should know about Space Cobra, the anime/manga from the 1980s. Not every show has a charmingly sadistic Jean-Paul Belmondo lookalike basically committing underwater zako genocide. Yeah, that's right I'm talking about the ever famous Space Cobra seamen (women?). They're a bunch of female zakos genetically altered to breath underwater through their hair. Manga panel for reference (1st image) plus my art (2nd image):

View attachment 133723
View attachment 133737

I know that the pink spandex look is more iconic. But, I really have a soft spot for the manga version of the seamen. Their costumes also seem lot more practical in the manga version. The green colour at least offers a bit of underwater camouflage, unlike the conspicuous pink uniforms. Alright now talking about technical art stuff. This is undoubtedly the most impressive thing I've ever done artistically bar none. I finally made use of the multiply feature to ensure that the character blends well with the background. I also wanted to play and experiment a bit with the framing of this piece. I just got fed up with seeing rectangles and invisible backgrounds. Anyways, hope you like the art!

Love it. One of my faves.

ZakoGirls

Club Regular

View attachment 133723
View attachment 133737

Love your artwork.

More of Cobra manga

:oops:

Attachments

• Space Adventure Cobra Comic Edit 10.png
    Space Adventure Cobra Comic Edit 10.png
    563 KB · Views: 513
  • Space Adventure Cobra Comic Edit 09.png
    Space Adventure Cobra Comic Edit 09.png
    715.5 KB · Views: 516
  • Space Adventure Cobra Comic Edit 12.png
    Space Adventure Cobra Comic Edit 12.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 519
  • Space Adventure Cobra Comic Edit 11.png
    Space Adventure Cobra Comic Edit 11.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 515

wj1905

Master of this Domain
Anyone remember Koromi Sakura's awesome Shocker-like zako monster girls?

Someone commissioned this artist to draw pics of these zakos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.