Zako Artwork (3 Viewers)

grgr444

Master of this Domain
01.jpg
06.jpg 08.jpg 13.jpg
Dark Judgement ryona Part 2!

Watt Khan

Club Regular
Betsy's the last of them. Friendly southern girl. :smile: Betsy by jettmanas on DeviantArt
View attachment 133303Hope you enjoy, and thanks!

Not a very timely reply, been hey better late than never. I really like the concept of these zakos. I'm a real stickler for redheads so Betsy's my favourite overall. Her being a southern girl is an added plus.

Just a bit of a nitpick, I notice that half of Raven's hair is missing the lineart. Apart from that everything seems just peachy :smile:.

Last edited:

Watt Khan

Club Regular
Righto, another zako art of the classic Linda Lash. This time I'm taking on her more classic design. The inspiration for this art is due to me playing some Double Dragon Advanced recently. Can't get enough of that game, the combat and juggling system is sooo cathartic. In terms of zako, it's your usual Double Dragon affair: lots of Lindas. Some of the Lindas will carry around throwing knives that you can take. I can imagine it now: our hero softening Linda up with strikes before finishing her off with her own weapon. Of course, being a beat-em-up game, Linda's body will disappear once she's no longer a threat. With this art, I try to convey Linda's impending death after being impaled by the Lee brothers:

Game Boy Advance - Double Dragon Advance - Linda Lash.png

Dying Linda.png

I think my art here is more of an amalgamation of the different Lindas. I never was a fan of her afro hair-do so I went instead for the short hair variation found in some ports of the first DD game. I really scoured the internet for the perfect pose reference for this art. I wanted the perspective to be a little more interesting than usual.

jettmanas

Master of this Domain
Not a very timely reply, been hey better late than never. I really like the concept of these zakos. I'm a real stickler for redheads so Betsy's my favourite overall. Her being a southern girl is an added plus.

Just a bit of a nitpick, I notice that half of Raven's hair is missing the lineart. Apart from that everything seems just peachy :smile:.
Thanks! Good to hear on Betsy. :smile:
Appreciated on the hair catch. I'll fix that.
Intense knife in poor Linda. :wat: Solid pose.
Love the look for her in the sprites and thoughts of her you wrote.

Hotdoghero1

Avid Affiliate
Righto, another zako art of the classic Linda Lash. This time I'm taking on her more classic design. The inspiration for this art is due to me playing some Double Dragon Advanced recently. Can't get enough of that game, the combat and juggling system is sooo cathartic. In terms of zako, it's your usual Double Dragon affair: lots of Lindas. Some of the Lindas will carry around throwing knives that you can take. I can imagine it now: our hero softening Linda up with strikes before finishing her off with her own weapon. Of course, being a beat-em-up game, Linda's body will disappear once she's no longer a threat. With this art, I try to convey Linda's impending death after being impaled by the Lee brothers:

View attachment 133586
View attachment 133587
I think my art here is more of an amalgamation of the different Lindas. I never was a fan of her afro hair-do so I went instead for the short hair variation found in some ports of the first DD game. I really scoured the internet for the perfect pose reference for this art. I wanted the perspective to be a little more interesting than usual.
Considering how often Linda gets punched in the belly in most games she appears in (maybe as karma for Marian getting gut punched), I can say that’s an accurate/fitting place for her to get stabbed, as agonizing as it likely is for her. Nice cleavage window btw.

Watt Khan

Club Regular
Considering how often Linda gets punched in the belly in most games she appears in (maybe as karma for Marian getting gut punched), I can say that’s an accurate/fitting place for her to get stabbed, as agonizing as it likely is for her. Nice cleavage window btw.

I've always felt Linda's classic design to be a bit bland so accentuating the cleavage window for me is a must.

Tbh, I feel like this ain't the best thing I've ever drawn. I've been careless with it and (to me) it really shows. I plan to rectify that by doing one more piece of art before my routine disappearing act. Hint: SOR3

Watt Khan

Club Regular
Thanks! Good to hear on Betsy. :smile:
Appreciated on the hair catch. I'll fix that.
Intense knife in poor Linda. :wat: Solid pose.
Love the look for her in the sprites and thoughts of her you wrote.

You're very welcome. I'm really curious, how do you approach your art when it comes to poses colours, etc?

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
I've always felt Linda's classic design to be a bit bland so accentuating the cleavage window for me is a must.

Tbh, I feel like this ain't the best thing I've ever drawn. I've been careless with it and (to me) it really shows. I plan to rectify that by doing one more piece of art before my routine disappearing act. Hint: SOR3

Let me guess..
Soozie?

jettmanas

Master of this Domain
You're very welcome. I'm really curious, how do you approach your art when it comes to poses colours, etc?
Thanks for asking.
I got some direction on hair, colors, and some other details for the Lace Ladies from Sparkplug, who I did a roleplay with using them. :smile:
Typically, I go for photo reference or other art for poses ideas, often switching things a bit.
And I like fleshing out their personalities to be very likable. :wink:

Other OCs, I'll just come up w/everything myself.
And fanart I look closely at, sometimes even pulling colors, details, etc. from screenshots I take of a YouTube vid if no image reference exists!

That reminds, me- Half-Pint from The Takeover is incredibly hot. I'll look up to see if she has fanart- and consider her.

Watt Khan

Club Regular
Thanks for asking.
I got some direction on hair, colors, and some other details for the Lace Ladies from Sparkplug, who I did a roleplay with using them. :smile:
Typically, I go for photo reference or other art for poses ideas, often switching things a bit.

And fanart I look closely at, sometimes even pulling colors, details, etc. from screenshots I take of a YouTube vid if no image reference exists!

That reminds, me- Half-Pint from The Takeover is incredibly hot. I'll look up to see if she has fanart- and consider her.

Thanks for the insights! I pretty much do the same. To me, it is extremely helpful to use art sites that have an effective tag system ala Gelbooru and Danbooru. Also, please tell me I'm not the only one who's always being self-critical when it comes to art.

Half-pint? Do you mean the girl with the missing ass? :tongue: Good luck with that!

jettmanas

Master of this Domain
Thanks for the insights! I pretty much do the same. To me, it is extremely helpful to use art sites that have an effective tag system ala Gelbooru and Danbooru. Also, please tell me I'm not the only one who's always being self-critical when it comes to art.

Half-pint? Do you mean the girl with the missing ass? :tongue: Good luck with that!
My pleasure. :smile: Good to know on you.
Ah, never heard of those sites. I have an artbook on Wattpad (used to write), DevArt (my best success), and Twitter (but am careful there).

Oh, I'm very self-critical, always pushing to improve to learn new styles, have the art be less stiff, etc.
I'm used to art reviews from many years of work, and people can be blunt with feedback, so I have no problems there.

Ah, good point on her. :wink: Thanks!

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
Thanks for asking.

Fanarts of the Takeover zakos I could found, all commissioned by holhorse holhorse on Pixiv
First pic is Half-Pint (bikini girl) and Vile (dual-axe girl)
Second pic is Freya (the final boss) and Raven (masked ninja/kunoichi)
No fanarts of Opal sadly, the gunner girl
83802134_p0.png 83802536_p0.png

A little bonus, a fanart of Hornet (the kickboxer dude) commisioned by me
Dunno if Watt Khan Watt Khan does male zakos, but up to you to do him!
85404439_p0.jpg

Watt Khan

Club Regular
Fanarts of the Takeover zakos I could found, all commissioned by holhorse holhorse on Pixiv
First pic is Half-Pint (bikini girl) and Vile (dual-axe girl)
Second pic is Freya (the final boss) and Raven (masked ninja/kunoichi)
No fanarts of Opal sadly, the gunner girl
View attachment 133668View attachment 133669

A little bonus, a fanart of Hornet (the kickboxer dude) commisioned by me
Dunno if Watt Khan Watt Khan does male zakos, but up to you to do him!
View attachment 133670

Sorry dude, not really into male zakos :confused:. Also, curious when did you develop this liking for the martial arts/boxer archetype? Is it limited to the zako realm or do you also follow actual fighters?

Watt Khan

Club Regular
Growing up, I was never really a fan of Soozie from SOR 3. It's the Mona & Lisa twins that really caught my heart (or the other organ). But I've grown to appreciate Soozie more as time flies and drawing her also helps a lot. I think the most memorable encounter with Soozie is at the nightclub stage where you see three of her dancing. I really let my imagination run wild with this art. I reckon that the nightclub isn't just a partying den, it's also a place for the baddies to "socialize". I imagine Soozie and a fellow mook renting a private room in the club whilst bringing a video cam for added fun. Anyways, screenshot plus art below:
SOR3_Stage_2.png

SOR3 - Soozie.png

Wanna talk a bit about designing Soozie here. I think it's unfortunate that SOR4 typecasted her into a sort of no-nonsense almost non-feminine punk gal. But really if you look at the Soozie concept art for SOR3, I feel like she exudes a strong lady-like essence despite her punk exterior. My art is geared more towards the latter version of Soozie.

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
Sorry dude, not really into male zakos :confused:. Also, curious when did you develop this liking for the martial arts/boxer archetype? Is it limited to the zako realm or do you also follow actual fighters?

Only to the zako realm. I rarely follow IRL martial artists/boxers though, only growing a fetish around them as part of my strong person fetish aside from muscular women.

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
Growing up, I was never really a fan of Soozie from SOR 3. It's the Mona & Lisa twins that really caught my heart (or the other organ). But I've grown to appreciate Soozie more as time flies and drawing her also helps a lot. I think the most memorable encounter with Soozie is at the nightclub stage where you see three of her dancing. I really let my imagination run wild with this art. I reckon that the nightclub isn't just a partying den, it's also a place for the baddies to "socialize". I imagine Soozie and a fellow mook renting a private room in the club whilst bringing a video cam for added fun. Anyways, screenshot plus art below:
View attachment 133673
View attachment 133674

Wanna talk a bit about designing Soozie here. I think it's unfortunate that SOR4 typecasted her into a sort of no-nonsense almost non-feminine punk gal. But really if you look at the Soozie concept art for SOR3, I feel like she exudes a strong lady-like essence despite her punk exterior. My art is geared more towards the latter version of Soozie.

That's a pretty good Soozie you got there!!
She's pretty hot and toned!

Also, I'd like to request one more thing before you disappear
Can you draw the Amazon zakos from the Taito arcade game Light Bringer/Dungeon Magic?
They're my fav arcade zakos, and I prefer the rarer white-armored variant:
AmazonGold.PNG
AmazonSilver.PNG
Capture.PNG

Also if you can, draw them in their sexy defeated pose, maybe with blood flowing from their mouth/forehead as a little detail:
AmazonDefeated.PNG

In case you don't know about the game:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.