[PC] Xenophobia (1 Viewer)

E

Elle

Yeah, I used that on a previous computer at one point. I may install it again sometime. =P

ryona111

Ryonani Teamster
well applocale cannot be installed on windows 7 =P only xp so thats a lump of fail >.> well if you can find this extra super special file i will be much great full =D.
Have you tried NTLEA? it has been working brillianttly for me and the info is sticked in the downloadable games section. (yes, i realized i spelled brilliantly wrong...)

Razgriiz

Potential Patron
Whenever I try to run this it says I need to download some .NET framework or something.. D: v2.0.50727.. any idea where I can get this? :c I apologize if this seems like a dumb question, or if that was already explained... I don't understand alot of this stuff ><

Beatitudes

Potential Patron
Yeah, it's a general error, and all you have to do is install the latest Microsoft.net framework. And be sure to restart your computer with Japanese locale for Xenophobia, just using applocale didn't work for me.

B

blaze8492

does anyone keep getting an error where it says that it stopped working constantly? It doesn't say what the problem is, only that it stopped working.

Beatitudes

Potential Patron
Does it just crash and disappear? If it does so right after you try to start a new game or do anything on the title screen, then that's what I was saying about using Japanese unicode rather than applocale.

Oh, and I love this game. Does anyone know if it's still being worked on?

Beatitudes

Potential Patron
For me (Windows XP), just go to control panel, select "Regional and Language Options," go to the 'advanced' tab, and choose Japanese as your 'Language for non-unicode programs." It's been very useful for most japanese indie games (and by extension almost all Ryona games I've found), and shouldn't have any negative effects. And if it does, you can always change it back.

Wait, shit, I actually just remembered what my problem was with the game, I couldn't get it to run until I installed a certain font for it. I just did a quick search for it and found one on hongfire for the game that people say worked, I think it's the same one I used to get it to run. I just uploaded it to mediafire. knife Japanese Font.rar

I'm terribly sorry for not remembering this earlier.

EDIT: Hey, neat, I like the way this forum handles links.

D

darklink

wait so if i set it to use japanese for non unicode stuff the computer will still be in english? how will it effect things that are normally in english? reason im asking is this is not my computer and im worried about pissing off my parents

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
A few symbols, like "\", use some other symbols, umlauts cannot be shown (though that's not problematic in most languages) and some programs may start in Jap; however you can also change the uni-code to what it was previously and restart; aside from some representation errors of Jap characters you created while under the Jap uni-code everything else should be back to normal.

L

L4V05

I hate necro posting , but I have to. What should I do if I want to revive the project, either with original team or without.

Yurlungur

Potential Patron
I suppose you would need a team that has the skills to complete it with at least similar quality to the original. Also being willing to work on the game is important, lol. I don't think the original creator would come back to the game though, because, as far as I know, the guy went missing in the first place. I personally love Xenophobia and I've always wanted it as a full game.
Now, I would help myself (since I was curious enough about who posted on the Xenophobia thread to check), but I can only help with ideas and music (which is what I'm at college for). I'm not a programmer or artist, and the people I know that do these things would want nothing to do with this kind of game. I am interested in reviving the project though.

Zilka

Potential Patron
Currently the closest I've seen is PrisonKage by Vosmug. I read his blog a bit, and he talks about how it was inspired by demonophobia/xenophobia and even asks if people want a direct sequel. Unfortunately he got distracted from specifically that game and isn't currently working on it, but do play v0.2, if you haven't yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.