Writing Dialogues: is there a way to read her current resistance while oral sex? (1 Viewer)

Rudgar

Content Creator
Ahoy!

Long time, no questions from me recently. But now I found some time to continue me SDT project(s) ... and got stuck again. :wink:

Seriously: I could need some help - in particular from sby sby probably - for I am either too stupid to use search function or because I just found again something that is more or less impossible to do.

I found out that sby added a variable "atv_curresist" to let dialogue writers read the current resistance of her currently fucked orrifice. So far so good, this works absolutely neat and I apreceate and even really love it so far.

But ... :frown:

Could it be that it does NOT work - in the meaning of "not at all" - with animtool poses having "atv_position" = 0?

IF so: is there any other way or workaround to get her current resistance while her having oral sex to react on it within a dialogue?

Thanks in advance fpr any helpful answer, hint, link, ...
... slap on my backhead for overseeing something obvious. :wink:

Very respectfully,
Rudgar

sby

Content Creator
Coder
should require resistancewithbodycontact = 1
however, if you are doing an oral position (atv_position=0), then you probably want all of the body contact stuff turned off. if you are putting the penis in her mouth, there is no sensible reason to have body resistance.

the resistance you are probably thinking of is the games g.introResistance

Rudgar

Content Creator
should require resistancewithbodycontact = 1
Yep. That was it: changing "resistancewithbodycontact=0" to "...=1" in ATV_defaultsdt.txt (or the concerned position file) provides me with what I want - a current value in the variable "atv_curresist". :cool::smile:

however, if you are doing an oral position (atv_position=0), ...
... aye ...

... then you probably want all of the body contact stuff turned off.
:wat: err ... whoot? Why should I?

if you are putting the penis in her mouth, there is no sensible reason to have body resistance
You mean beside the fun of watching her struggling to get this thing down her throat?
Or Did I get something completely wrong now? :confused:

the resistance you are probably thinking of is the games g.introResistance
Whoohoo? What's this? ...wait, checking it out right away ... oh, umm .... variable "g.introResistance" doesn't provide any value at all ... ? :wat: Got something wrong again? :confused:

Respectfully,
Rudgar

sby

Content Creator
Coder
animtools body resistance is a similar feature to the vanilla game intro throat resistance, where at first, it is harder to put the penis into her when starting out.

animtools covers the part of providing this resistance for insertion into her body (usually means of positions marked as anal or vaginal, although there is nothing stopping you from making a position what appears to insert the penis into her belly button, back or what not).

The vanilla game provides the resistance for oral, so if you enable the animtools body contact stuff for oral then you will probably get undesired results like triggering hunnie pop sounds, animtools triggering wincing early, or extra resistance (although didn't test this out, just a prediction)

as for the g.introResistance, don't know of DA has a way to grab in game variables (it is not a dialog variable), also havn't used it much. the one you might actually want could be g.her.maxIntroDist, as i believe that is what actually changes and slowly builds up towards g.her.deepthroatDistance to represent where the penis will slow down.

it should start around 80 distance, and increase up to about 150 (the default deepthroat distance).
so 80 == very tight throat, 150 == can freely deepthroat

or possible the g.throatResistance, if you got some sort of mod that changes this to represent loosening her throat.
quote from another post comparing these:

intro - how much thrusting it takes to get her to deepthroat the first time.
think of it like setting up how thick of a wall you need to chisel through. once you are through, the pathway is then open.

throat resistance - how easy it is for her to deepthroat in general.
think of this like how tight her throat is past the wall. this is generally a static value, however i made a mod called throat resistance stretch that changes this based on regular thrusting and expands her throat accordingly.

Rudgar

Content Creator
[deep explamation about resistance in game]
Thank you very much for explaning me all this that patiently! I appreciate it very much actually and will play around with it in some test dialogues the next time. Thank you!

Respectfully,
Rudgar

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.