[WIP] Character importing and saving tutorial (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maineim

Content Creator
I thought this already made, but now I see there isn't any basic tutorial about character setting.

1. Set up the files in you PC

I downloaded SDT in SWF and I use flash standalone player or a browser to use it.
I personally like to put my hairs and backgrounds in subfolders. ie:

/ SDT (the SWF FILE)
- - |
- - |---- / mods (the hairs)
- - |---- / backs (backgrounds)

2. Modding section

This is the main section for managing imports:
02.jpg

2. a Import an hair:

Select Import / Hair and load the PNG file:

03.jpg

2. b Loading the charcode:

The charcodes are the TXT files that comes with some imports. Open it with Notepad or similar, select all text and copy to clipboard (Ctrl-C). Paste the text in the Custom Save Data and press Load.

04.jpg

3. Saving the character

First you have to setup the folders you choose to save your hairs and backgrouds. If you made everything OK the path to the hairs should be highlighted in green and you can save the character.

06.jpg

A red highlight means there is something wrong, SDT can't find the file, so you can't save the character.

07.jpg

- - - - - -​

This is a WIP, please ask questions in here to improve it.

[EDITED BY A STAFF MEMBER]
Maineim is not around anymore, so don't ask questions here.
For more info on saving characters, look into the SDT Newbie Guide.
If you need more help, ask in the Help section.

Last edited by a moderator:

DamnGood

Potential Patron
Thanks so much for this dude, I was getting so frustrated trying to figure this out! Bravo!

V

Vump

I've got a problem, whenever I import a hair it always places it to the top right of the character and makes the character bald. Any Ideas?

stuntcock

Content Creator
I've got a problem, whenever I import a hair it always places it to the top right of the character and makes the character bald. Any Ideas?
Which version of the game are you using?

Which hair file are you trying to load? The problem is presumably effecting all of the files that you try to load, but please link to at least one example so that we can verify. Does the problem relate to PNG files, or SWF files, or both?

How are you playing the game? If you're using a web browser, then please try to play the game via the Flash Player Projector content debugger. If any errors occur when attempting to load a hair file (or when starting the game) then please copy-paste the error message here.

Please post a screenshot of the weird hair behavior so that we can check for any obvious conflicts or visual clues.

rexramirez

Potential Patron
I have the same problem, using adobeprojector and most up to date SDT.

stuntcock

Content Creator
I have the same problem, using adobeprojector and most up to date SDT.
Which version of the game are you using? Loader or vanilla?

Which hair file are you trying to load? The problem is presumably effecting all of the files that you try to load, but please link to at least one example so that we can verify. Does the problem relate to PNG files, or SWF files, or both? Does the problem also apply to the game's built-in hairstyles (SD Chan, Asuka, Ino, etc) or are they working normally?

Please try to play the game via the Flash Player Projector content debugger. If any errors occur when attempting to load a hair file (or when starting the game) then please copy-paste the error message here.

stuntcock

Content Creator
I am using SDT loader and have run it through the Flash Projector Debugger.
Can you please take a screenshot which includes the window border? I'd just like to see the words "Adobe Flash Player" on screen.

In a few cases, people have downloaded the Projector, run the new EXE file, and then attempted to play the SDT game via their web browsers. They assumed that running the Projector file had somehow "upgraded" their web browser. I just want to be sure that we can rule out that misunderstanding.

No error and only the hairs I load in externally have this problem...
Could you please attempt to load a SWF hair file, such as this one or this one? Maineim's RWBY hairs aren't available in SWF format (and I'm not offering to convert them); we're just trying to learn the scope of the "baldness" problem. Maybe we'll be able to classify it as a file I/O error, or a layering bug, or a transparency issue, etc...

Could you please describe the loading process step-by-step? In particular, I'd like to know:
  • at least one specific example of a filename (such as "blake2.png") which is susceptible to the problem
  • the method by which you're attempting to load the hairstyle (button click, character folder, moreClothing, switchSet, etc)
  • any steps preceding the hair-file loading (such as manual customization of the costume, or selection of a different background image)
  • any steps following the hair-file loading (such as manual activation of a custom charcode, change of character position via animtools, etc)
  • the point in the step-by-step process at which the baldness problem becomes evident
  • any special work that you've done (such as "I opened the PNG file in Photoshop to correct the hair color and then re-saved the file" or "I wrote a custom charcode for Blake but I'm not sure whether I used the correct syntax")
  • a list of any mods in your $INIT$ folder (if you don't know what an $INIT$ folder is then you can skip this one)
I've used some technical jargon and modding terminology while writing this list. If you don't recognize some of the terms then that's okay; just do your best to describe the step-by-step process in your own words.

rexramirez

Potential Patron
Could you please describe the loading process step-by-step? In particular, I'd like to know:
I save the hair file off the web page(as a .png as it is the only format I have available that works) and upload it through the modding menu.

.sfw files and preloaded character files such as: MEGA work without issue the only problem I seem to have is manually uploading .png files manually.

as for the $INIT$ folder, here is the list of mods the loader came with:
Default/FinishesCounter.swf
Default/VigourCounter.swf
Default/PleasureCounter.swf
Default/BreathCounter.swf
Default/HeldBreathCounter.swf
Default/CumInMouthCounter.swf
Default/TemplateExtensionV5_sby.swf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.