What is ryona? (1 Viewer)

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
Well, a lot of us wouldn't have been exposed to it as much, so we might have developed another fetish. This is just theory, of course.

noice1

Potential Patron
I'd say there would be fewer, simply by lack of exposure. But if you want to get serious, without video games, pretty much the whole world would look different. They've been around for, what, 40 years? Hard to imagine life without them.

noice1

Potential Patron
I'd probably still be into weird things like these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw_27UqiKoU

Haha, I actually went looking for RE music a really long time ago and downloaded that by mistake (still have it, too). I think mine is better quality if you want it. Interesting to note, though, if there were no video games, that clip wouldn't exist. Did you start liking those kinds of mashed-up clips from movies?

Back on the main topic, I think the Internet has done more for me and pushing ryona than anything else. I used to just look at ryona as vore (though I was unfamiliar with the term then, it was technically what drew me in). But once I got online about it, it's a million times the luminosity. The amount of artwork and now renderings of just vore alone is astronomical. So I think I owe more to this network that's allowed everyone to be connected and share ryona than the initial exposure to it.

Gannes1414

Potential Patron
Hey guys! I think it's okay if I post this question here, right? I thought it'd be better than making another thread on it, since this is a "what is ryona" thread after all.

I'm just wondering, but does anybody here speak Japanese/have much experience with Japanese culture? I know the wiki article says "Ryona (リョナ), which comes from ryonanī (リョナニー?), portmanteau of ryōki (猟奇?, bizarre) and onanī (オナニー?, masturbation)," but I'm wondering, is that how we westerners have appropriated the term, or has リョナニーalways referred to women getting roughed up specifically? I'm just curious as to whether or not something's been 'lost in translation,' so to speak. :)

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
I don't know Japanese or honestly all that much about their culture, so I couldn't say for certain how the word came to be. The word ryonani itself seems to rarely ever be used by westerners unless we're referring to this site specifically. I know if you put ryona or リョナ through translators they come out as each other, if that means anything. :3 Also リョナ is suggested as an alternate search on YouTube, which kind of tells me that's what Japanese people are searching for while we're searching for ryona. That's about all the insight I can give you. :p

Gannes1414

Potential Patron
Hmm, yeah. I wonder how long they've been searching for it...I think I remember first hearing about ryona waaaaay back when, like in...maybe 2006 or something? Has the 'community,' so to speak, been around longer? Sorry if I seem ignorant, I am a bit of a newb to this scene, after all XD

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
I just realized, this community has almost been around for one whole year!

On topic, this forum hasn't been around this long, but I think earlier in this thread there was some evidence of ryona in the fairly distant past. I don't remember where that is right now though.

Gannes1414

Potential Patron
Ahhhh. Don't worry about the specifics, that's enough to tell me it is pretty old. :o Now that's interesting, though again, a lot of old-timey art has "ryona" themes (for instance, the various versions of "Rape of the Sabine Women," a depiction of the event from the Roman Empire ), so it can be hard to tell whether the original artists intended it to be ryona-y, so to speak.

shz

Potential Patron
Looking back on this discussion, which was before I found my way here, I realize that we are all not drawn to ryona for the same reasons. Watching a lot of content you guys are awesome enough to get and joining discussions, I think it lends itself to learning more about yourself. For example, I think I've learned I'm more toward the "extreme" part of the spectrum. The f3mm1x videos are just too "light" for me, maybe because I used to watch pro-wrestling religiously.
I totally agree, I think the reasons for liking ryona vary greatly among us, involving different motivations and different meanings attached. It is definitely about learning about yourself, I find sexual fantasies to be quite revealing. I think since I joined this forum I managed to embrace the fact that I'm just not normal (whatever it means), and it feels kinda liberating because I'm ok with that :-)

With defining ryona - I'm not even sure if it's possible to come up with a precise definition, because if you ask anyone on this forum what ryona is, their answers will most probably differ, I think this is a very personal experience. I answered this question to myself already, but I'm very curious how my experience compares to other peoples' on this forum. Because very often I just feel like I'm different.

uraent

Vivacious Visitor
What is "ryoki"(猟奇)

As you know , ryona is "ryoki de onani".

Ryoki(猟奇) is made by 2 characters ,
猟(ryo) means "hunting/searching to get some animal",
and 奇(ki) means "not usual / abnormal".

And Ryoki(猟奇) is a fetish of "searching/loving non usual matters".
But it is used as "very abnormal crime" or "unusual incident".

Soba

Casual Client
The description from your source is too much. I'm not a person who like to torture or beating a women in real life, it is because my mother is a women :D
I just like to see a.. uhmm.. you can say it a 'fiction' women to being tortured and i don't freakin like guro, blood or something like that.

giugo

Swell Supporter
Unlike many this thing for me has never been a problem. I love to see women gettin beatdowns, I imagine beating pretty girls, but I know it's all fiction, in reality I would never do that on a girl. SometimesI am happy for this perversion, for sure better than many others!

depowerer

Potential Patron
But the Youtube terms of service do state that you will not post any audio or video of material you do not own, or have the owners express permission. I sometimes wonder how difficult it would be to create a Youtube-like clone video site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.