What Happened to Normal Ryona Discussion and Videos ? (1 Viewer)

DeNice

Ryonani Teamster
R RyonaDamsels - Nah, it's cool, I don't mind at all. Since my videos are usually filled with fighting game girls getting K.O.ed anyways it may be a tiny bit worth the time to check out; but I thank you for subscribing anyways. Plus my liked videos/favorites are pretty much filled to the brim with ryona videos. I just sorta put all my relative likes and content together on my channel including ryona since I got tired of having sub-accounts and 'hiding' over the internet, so there it is. Also, I'll be checking out your channel as well and see what's up with it.

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Nice post there, DeNice. Agree with a lot of it.

Those ugly screen overlays that happen when you die or get low on health in these games is like the bane of ryona. The Arkham games absolutely suck with this as well, with the ridiculously quick fade to black.

What is even more annoying is in games like Mass Effect, which already have garbage death animations, not only do you get the ugly screen effect, but you also get this sound dampening effect where you can no longer hear the sounds properly. Basically, anything to mess with your visual and audible senses to simulate the feeling of being "near death". I hate it, lol.

Another pet peeve of mine is the lack of decent audio for character deaths in some of these recent games. Dishonored 2 has absolutely no audio sounds when you die as Emily. For Honor has amazing looking execution animations, but absolutely no proper audio for the kills being used. Get stabbed in the throat? No audio cue to go along with it. Freaking annoying as hell to me.

These fighting games are also kind of a letdown for me, personally. I am more into spread eagle type of KOs and if you look at all these 2D fighters you almost never get that type of KO animation for the females. They are almost always curled up in some sort of fetal position or whatever. I feel like Chun-Li from 3rd Strike is the last 2D KO animation that fit my tastes. DOA and Tekken also kind of stink for this. DOA has such amazing costumes and stuff, but the fighters don't even appear to be KO'd to me so there is nothing really there for me.

Injustice 2 has some nice looking knockdown animations, but since there is no actual KO at the end I am kind of left wanting more. And I feel like the female character models look so much better compared to the first game's and the gear system looks really nice, too. It just sucks that they brought back that 'kneel down in defeat' crap from Injustice 1.

It seems like a lot of the decent ryona scenes that appeal to me are part of storyline cutscenes nowadays. Like in Tomb Raider, none of the game's death animations were any good to me(due to crap voice acting), but her nearly being choked to death in a cutscene was somewhat decent.

Playing the recent Mass Effect trial, none of the actual combat animations are any good. Just generic ragdoll garbage with no effort put in whatsoever. However, I liked where your characters gets her mask busted open in a cutscene and nearly chokes to death on the toxic atmosphere. That was well animated and well voice acted.

That is what I have to hope for nowadays, some decent cutscene ryona, lol.

R RyonaDamsels

I would love if Kidman was the main character for an Evil Within sequel. What about Sebastian's wife as another potential option, though? He kept mentioning her in the first one and wasn't there some sort of intrigue as to what actually happened to her? I can't remember specifics as it's been a while for me and the story was so nonsensical to begin with, lol. But yeah, looking forward to that and of course the Resident Evil 2 remake. Still can't believe RE7 was first person, haha.

Oh another possibility for some decent ryona scenes might be the next Quantic Dream game, Detroit. We will see, though, as we don't know too much about that game at this point.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
R RyonaDamsels

I would love if Kidman was the main character for an Evil Within sequel. What about Sebastian's wife as another potential option, though? He kept mentioning her in the first one and wasn't there some sort of intrigue as to what actually happened to her? I can't remember specifics as it's been a while for me and the story was so nonsensical to begin with, lol. But yeah, looking forward to that and of course the Resident Evil 2 remake. Still can't believe RE7 was first person, haha.

Oh another possibility for some decent ryona scenes might be the next Quantic Dream game, Detroit. We will see, though, as we don't know too much about that game at this point.

R Rag40

Yea , Sebastian's Wife is also a Big possibility Given the Huge Reveal at the end of the second game , Either being Playable in the main game or in the DLC , There are Multiple sources that confirms the existence of the game and it Sold Pretty well for Bethesda to make a Sequel

Me Too , I don't know what the hell Capcom was thinking Turning their Biggest Franchise into a First Person Youtube indie horror game in order to please some annoying Pewdiepie spooky fans , Fortunately despite the forced and paid Critical reception , the sales of the game is laughable compared to RE4/5/6 , They Tried to shove it into our throats everywhere but you can't Force everyone to buy a $60 game they aren't interested in which makes me hopeful that they will return to 3rd Person camera again

giugo

Swell Supporter
R RyonaDamsels already know that channel, but thanks for the heads up! I have a channel too, but seems way distant from your likes. Anyway, this is my channel, mainly about short videos done by myself. The Dark Souls and the Deus Ex ones are probably the only ones in the whole internet with that style.
Channel:

Jimmy Bobo

onlinehero

Casual Client
R Rag40
Me Too , I don't know what the hell Capcom was thinking Turning their Biggest Franchise into a First Person Youtube indie horror game in order to please some annoying Pewdiepie spooky fans , Fortunately despite the forced and paid Critical reception , the sales of the game is laughable compared to RE4/5/6 , They Tried to shove it into our throats everywhere but you can't Force everyone to buy a $60 game they aren't interested in which makes me hopeful that they will return to 3rd Person camera again
Personally I found it hilarious how the circle closed with RE7. I still remember in nineties when Resident Evil pioneered horror genre and had its own unique gameplay that other games then copied. I always used to find Thief: Dark Project scarier than RE-games even though it was a stealth game and didn't advertise itself as horror game. Wouldn't ever have guessed that after 15 years or so, Resident Evil would lose all its faith in itself, and would start copying games that copied Thief.

kubi mage

Club Regular
As already stated numerous times in this thread, searching youtube for ryona is infested with bot reuploads and misleading names and it's so hard to keep track of what's new that I just stopped trying. I already know about excluding words but that only helps so much since new bots will pop up every few hours. That said, I do still find new things on occasion like the mobile ryona channel (Mobile Ryona) which covers a lot of lesser-known or hard-to-access games.

But yeah... not a lot new popping up lately.

If I was any good at making videos I would. I've struggled with the idea of uploading footage of my homemade XPS/poser ryona "games," it'd be nice to share them with the community... but at the same time with them containing copyrighted character models/sound/music, it would have to be a private thing to avoid getting flagged. And trying to keep anything private, even with a community that I trust, is nearly impossible these days. (Plus I'm not even sure if anyone else would appreciate my eccentric tastes lol)

D

Deleted member 31

I enjoyed reading this thread and it's cool to see people still passionate about videogame ryona.

It's late so this post is gonna be a bit disjointed but a couple quicks thoughts as to where I'm at, ryona in recent games, and possibly why I haven't uploaded stuff anymore,

If you've followed my channel over the years, you could probably tell my two favorite series are Resident Evil and Street Fighter. I'd say I've done almost all that could be done with RE5 in terms of ryona. Jill vs sheva, sheva vs wesker, sheva vs villagers with custom attack animations, Jill double teamed by wesker and Irving. I was one of the first people to do "audio ryona" too, with sheva being attacked by wesker. Anyways, in comparison, re7 ended up being a first person game, so that killed pretty much any potential ryona for one of my two favorite series. First person ryona is very hard to do and requires the viewer to have a real good imagination and in a sense role play. Maybe I'll try it one day with Mia, but it's unlikely.

Street Fighter V is a tricky one. The animation is amazing and Chun Li is super hot, but I just didn't get inspired to actual make Vids due to a couple things. One of the issues with the game is the Super animations just aren't very good for ryona. With sf4, I really built my videos around the Ultra animations. The regular moves were just building pieces that led to the grand finale. In sfv, the Supers are too wacky for the most part and just don't work for me ryona wise. So for me to make ryona Vids to my standards, I need to make the regular moves the star of the show. That requires me to use a camera mod to record footage, but unfortunately sfv's camera tool is very cumbersome so it would take forvever for me to get the footage I need.

MKX was actually pretty good for ryona, and I may consider going back to if one day, if I get motivated to do ryona vids again. Goro, kotal Kahn, kano and a couple others have some good ryona moves. I also have a Cassie cage story mode ryona I've been sitting on. I didn't put it out when the game launched because I didn't want the developers to potentially see it lol. My channel gets way less hits now though so maybe I'll post it.

Dead or Alive I'm kinda burnt out on, but I'm happy with the kasumi and ayane Vids I've done.

Soul calibur I'd love to return to in a new game. I have a taki vid that's been in "development hell" for years. I might finally just upload it even if it's incomplete. I'm looking forward to a SC6.

And then in terms of other games, as mentioned in this thread western games just tend to suck for ryona. Lame animations, blood that covers the screen, muted sounds, shitty game over screens. Batman arkham knight, gears 4, tomb raider, horizon, etc. are all kinda ruined by this.

So yeah, it's kinda a mix of the games being the issue and me not having the motivation or time to make new Vids. And my personal standards are too high to just put out regular old move list type ryona lol. There's plenty of that out there already.

Side note, I should see if there's anything left I can do in Virtua Fighter 5. The Vanessa Vids I didn't are some of my personal faves.

Anyway never know what the future holds, maybe I'll get back to it, we'll see ; )

Last edited by a moderator:

Rag40

Swell Supporter
I echo a lot of what Tonug said. Just a lot of disappointing games in recent years, at least from a ryona perspective.

And yeah, I heard that about RE8 as well, Boundy. Let's hope it means a return to Third Person. A lot of people seem against it, though. They suggest to keep the mainline series First Person and make the Revelations series Third Person. I would be fine with that if the Revelations games weren't budget titles, lol. This way you would have three different types of RE games:

REmakes: Old school survival horror games
Revelations: Third Person action oriented games
Mainline: First Person Outlast/Amnesia clones that can go take a hike (yes, I hate RE7)

In other news, the new Star Wars Battlefront 2 stars a female Imperial Trooper as the main character for it's story mode. Any chance for some ryona there? Probably not, lol. But one can hope.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
I echo a lot of what Tonug said. Just a lot of disappointing games in recent years, at least from a ryona perspective.

And yeah, I heard that about RE8 as well, Boundy. Let's hope it means a return to Third Person. A lot of people seem against it, though. They suggest to keep the mainline series First Person and make the Revelations series Third Person. I would be fine with that if the Revelations games weren't budget titles, lol. This way you would have three different types of RE games:

REmakes: Old school survival horror games
Revelations: Third Person action oriented games
Mainline: First Person Outlast/Amnesia clones that can go take a hike (yes, I hate RE7)

In other news, the new Star Wars Battlefront 2 stars a female Imperial Trooper as the main character for it's story mode. Any chance for some ryona there? Probably not, lol. But one can hope.

Well , Observing the various fan comments about RE7 over the past few months , A minority are the ones who wants to keep only the FP View , The majority aren't against returning to Third Person View as long as the Survival horror in it is Solid , And The Majority of The Majority also aren't against Action RE games as long as they are Solid ones , it is just the " SPOOKY FP YOUTUBE HORROR " Type of fans xD are the loudest and most annoying so they look like they are the majority

While RE7 got favorable Reviews ( Whether Legit or Paid ) and good Reception from the People who were interested in it , RE7 had Shrunk the fanbase of the series and Its "Shipped" numbers are half of RE6 "Sold" Numbers , I doubt Capcom won't make a change and see the reason of the decreased sales , A Fixed RE6 with more controllable development budget released as RE7 would made at least 3X RE7 numbers until now , Capcom's Fiscal Report will be revealed at 28 April and you will automatically compare the "Sales" of RE7 to the "Sales" of RE6 , As for my Prediction for RE8 , they will drop VR and FP View and they will Try to find the Perfect Balance between Horror and Action they achieved in RE4 but with more rigid Slower Action parts and survival Horror similar to RE7

As for Star Wars Battlefront 2 , It is a Western developed game , MY default in that case is Disappointment until otherwise proven , but it is a great sign that the Female Protagonists isn't a Temporary trend and it is still going Strong

you can find my channel here

tonug

Haven't uploaded anything in a while though ;P

Thanks Tonug and subscribed :)

Here is my Channel If you are interested , It had a back and forth between Ryona-Only and "Ryona+Perils from Movies/TV" but it is the later now so I hope that you enjoy it

BoundyPeril

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Yeah, I am still confused why we haven't gotten an RE game that tried to emulate what RE4 did. Get rid of the AI partner that 5 + 6 forced upon you and dial the action levels back a little bit. I know Leon was still suplexing fools in RE4, but it still felt really intense with you being alone without a partner to back you up. The only companion you had was Ashley who was more of a burden than a help and you could hide her in a damn garbage dumpster if she got on your nerves, lol.

The game was also masterful at slowly introducing new enemies and threats as you progressed. It really kept the entire experience fresh throughout.

So I definitely think Capcom should take inspiration from RE4 (you know, one of their own games) rather than looking at Outlast/PT and trying to emulate them. Sad times.

Oh, and agreed on SW Battlefront 2. Shouldn't really get any hopes up as far as ryona is concerned. Couldn't even get a decent force choke from the first Battlefront for crying out loud. The ragdolls were also kind of crappy, if I recall. I rented that game, played it for like 2 hours, then sent it back and never played it again, lol. Here's hoping for an improved sequel, in all regards and not just ryona.

Snowballs

Ryonani Teamster
I've noticed the lack of activity trending as well. As others have mentioned, the lack of ryona material from the gaming industry has halted any new production of videos. When there was numerous fighting games a few years ago, there was an abundance of ryona video being made. It's mentioned earlier in the post but I agree that it is so much harder to find any quality material on youtube due to the spammers and some content producers getting their channels closed.

It's odd. In an age with Patreon and sourcefilmmaker, I would think there would be more of a demand for this kind of stuff. Yeah there's a lot of independent wrestling companies who specialize in femfighting or superheroine stuff. There's a ton of questionable content on Patreon, like guro-level animation, furry adventure games, hentai game making. Maybe beating up women even if it's fantasy is frowned upon, but I don't think this particular fetish is that odd.

I've ventured into other communities for a taste of ryona. There is 3D Artists on deviantart who make slave-girl type of content such as skating-jesus. I've taken a look at the Heroinemovies productions for more live-action content, which has been awesome but TheSuperheroines died off, I haven't really bought anything other than NGC's videos. I'm into KOs and Somnophilia so I occassionally pick up a video from clips4sale's limp fetish section. Right now, I just check Bndasupamark's blog for some videos to look at. I am still in love with SKW, FWR, and Defeated. The Ryona fetish is interesting, it's a combination of a power fantasy, peril, heroines, fighting, defeat, KO, somnophilia; some people like it in comics, or live, or in anime.

I've considered going creating more illustrations of ryona in the future. I haven't been able to create much 3DS or XNAlara stuff recently because I now live with my girlfriend o.o. In this age of reddit and social media, this is the only board I follow. I feel like I need to contribute to this community because I don't want to see it die.

This message is a bit incoherent. Ramblings... ramblings...

Last edited:

90sSegaFan

Ryonani Teamster
Maybe it's just me but I've always been more into the SNES and Sega games when it comes to ryona. I have a few standbys that I really enjoy. I think it's just how little they seemed to clothe women in those games. MK, TMNT TF, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Final Fight, and others. For me, it's a combo of the skimpy outfits and the sheer brutality of some of their opponents in their respective games. I really want to learn how to make my own videos using roms and a decent capture program.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Maybe it's just me but I've always been more into the SNES and Sega games when it comes to ryona. I have a few standbys that I really enjoy. I think it's just how little they seemed to clothe women in those games. MK, TMNT TF, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Final Fight, and others. For me, it's a combo of the skimpy outfits and the sheer brutality of some of their opponents in their respective games. I really want to learn how to make my own videos using roms and a decent capture program.

90sSegaFan 90sSegaFan I highly suggest using a program Called Bandicam ( The Full Version ) , I used to use Fraps but its recording was taking a huge amount of my Hard Drive Space and was stressing a lot of my PC resources ( HDD , CPU ..etc ) , Now I am using Bandicam and its Recording is taking way way way less Space than Fraps ( like 10% of Fraps Space ) and both are the same video quality and both of them are in the same price

Ryonaneer

Club Regular
90sSegaFan 90sSegaFan I highly suggest using a program Called Bandicam ( The Full Version ) , I used to use Fraps but its recording was taking a huge amount of my Hard Drive Space and was stressing a lot of my PC resources ( HDD , CPU ..etc ) , Now I am using Bandicam and its Recording is taking way way way less Space than Fraps ( like 10% of Fraps Space ) and both are the same video quality and both of them are in the same price
yuuuuupppp!
I use Bandicam, too! Works great for me~

demon99

Potential Patron
I was getting frustrated over the sheer amount of videos that would pause every 5 fucking seconds and rotate. I know some of them were bots, but my god there are channels where that is all they upload. drives me crazy

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Yeah, I actually can't wait until someone starts posting the Injustice 2 XNA models. No idea how NRS pulled those character models out of their asses, but they look amazing, lol. Wonder how it's going to work with all the different gear possibilities, though.

Regarding Tekken 7, I wish they would create some new KO animations. They still use that same animation where the defeated fighter archs their back when they get KO'd. I just looked it up and that animation has been in Tekken games since 1999!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like, what?

Still, I am a fan of Tekken in general and I like their characters. Just wish they would update the animations. It reminds me of the way Koei milks the hell out of the Dynasty Warrior games and has kept the same animations for over a decade. Lazy, to be honest.

Anyway, enough of my bitching, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.