Want Tutorial for Black Desert Online outfit modding (1 Viewer)

ichthyosaur

Modder
I have been trying to get mods working on BDO recently, and I can't figure out how to get anything past every outfit being fully nude. I am looking at other threads like this one Black Desert Naked Mod In Suzu, and everyone is posting pictures of modded outfits that they made, but I can't figure out how to do it. There don't seem to be any tutorials on actually how to edit an outfit in BDO. I know that I need to open some .dds file that exists somewhere, but beyond that I have no clue. Can someone give an explanation of just what, exactly I need to do in order to create/alter an outfit in this game?

fahsang02

Potential Patron
Same here, i installed .dds file in file_to_patch/character/texture/ but not work when i open the game it will show black screen and then it popped out the game. How can i deal with theseeeeee

Dante

Potential Patron
i've used these mods for years and it has stopped working a few patches ago. can anyone clarify what happened?

Nymhorndynn

Casual Client
i've used these mods for years and it has stopped working a few patches ago. can anyone clarify what happened?
gamecommondata containing the slider infos needs to be replaced. You can start with a new one from resorepless or download a recent one from the forums. I think the limits have changed and some max values in the gamecommondata you're using need to be toned down.

Nymhorndynn

Casual Client
I have been trying to get mods working on BDO recently, and I can't figure out how to get anything past every outfit being fully nude. I am looking at other threads like this one Black Desert Naked Mod In Suzu, and everyone is posting pictures of modded outfits that they made, but I can't figure out how to do it. There don't seem to be any tutorials on actually how to edit an outfit in BDO. I know that I need to open some .dds file that exists somewhere, but beyond that I have no clue. Can someone give an explanation of just what, exactly I need to do in order to create/alter an outfit in this game?
Hello,
Sorry I don't know how to link anything so you'll have to use the "search" button on the upper right corner of the forums :/
AN69 provided a compilation of what you need. Detailed steps are provided by SUZU, BlackfireBR and Undercoverpervert. The last 2 have developped the awesome tools that allow us to mod the game but are no longer active. SUZU has made most of the modded costumes on this forum.
Resorepless is an easy way to start but doesnt cover the new classes (guardian - pgw, corsair - pfw, drakania - pqw I think). Every class is identified with 3-4 letters and keep their .pac files in their respective /model folders (some outfit textures are shared but I believe you should be able to modify their individual .pac files).
Don't put anything in the .resorepless folder as it gets reset/recreated everytime you run the injector. Instead, you can place them in File_to_patch/
Undercovertpervert explained in a post the order of priority (I think it's standard: 0 goes before 1, . is ignored, _ goes before numbers, etc.), allowing you to have different load orders if you want to test some things our or replace textures with another set easily. The last one overrides the previous folder. I havent tested that feature but it is there and nice to have :) (files in "character" folder would override files in "_character" folder)
textures need to go in /texture folder and .pac files need to go in the /model folder.

Once you have put your costume files in the correct folders, you need to run the MetaInjector to apply them in game and make sure to chose "keep the files in order" instead of letting the program choose where they go for you. This feature no longer works and the modders favored speed of fix implementation over cosmetics, that's why you will see conflicting instructions when using resorepless and metainjector. Undercovertpervert did add a lot of warnings to guide you into chosing "keep the files" though :)

You will have to do this after each patch since the pad0 file telling the game where to look for what files gets replaced each patch, every week.
IMPORTANT: if you removed some files, it is important to first "3. restore backup" before "1. running the injector". Good practice to do it every time before running the injector so you dont forget since that step is super fast and doesnt hurt anything if it wasnt needed (unless you pick a wrong backup lol). The tool shows the correct (latest/up to date) backup file in green so that should make things even easier (Undercovertpervert was very pragmatic in his coding).

Some files might not get patched, check them to make sure they're not in the wrong folder (ex: pew_00_lb_0001.pac: "lb" means "lowerbody" and the file is in "/armor/9_upperbody" or in a folder that's not in the "pew" (ranger) folders for instance). the tool (metaInjector) will give you the full path along with the errors, making this step very easy to check as well. Some files are leftovers and no longer used, they will appear in the list of "not patched" and wont be applied in game (wont break anything). You can delete them or leave them and they will just keep showing up as "not patched" without hurting anything.

Once those steps are done, the modded outfits should appear in game and you will be confronted with the "fix the holes" game...
there are a few posts explaining how to go about that since the game uses the same outfit shapes for everyone, they use the informations in partcutdesc.html and parthidedesc.html to tell the game what to do with overlapping textures.
One function cuts out the body underneath the outfit (causing holes if the covering texture was removed) and the other function tells to give priority to the body (causing the clipping issues). That part is still pretty confusing to me so I advise you to start with downloading SUZU's latest partcutdesc file then search "fixing holes" if you have holes or clipping that you just cant play with and you will find many nice posts explaining the principle.

Resorepless also includes a tool to extract the files from outfits. One option gave you small files and there was a trick to get them to extract bigger files ("view" instead of "extract" or something like that). This will allow you to get all the game files extracted to find the textures or .pac files you need/want to mod. You can then mod banners, map icons, workers' pictures, etc. thanks to this features as it will extract the files in their correct location and names! It takes a while if you chose to get all files, but once it's done you'll have all the raw material you need to start modding.

That's it in a nutshell.
Happy modding :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.