Violent FPS with zakos (moddable games too) (2 Viewers)

suxel33

Potential Patron
ya i just updated everything and am trying to install the mod and I get this error

Invalid mod​

The mod you're trying to install is invalid. Contact the mod author.
Invalid manifest due to non-matching schema: data/id must match pattern "^[a-zA-Z0-9_-]+\.[a-zA-Z0-9_-]+$"

horatiojones80

Content Creator
Making a sequel to BBW Infiltration Doom Mod. I used AI to generate the sprite this time. This might be the first AI powered DOOM mod. I'm planning on releasing it tommorow

Attachments

• Screenshot_Doom_20230614_170655_01.png
    Screenshot_Doom_20230614_170655_01.png
    969.2 KB · Views: 372
  • Screenshot_Doom_20230615_222542.png
    Screenshot_Doom_20230615_222542.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 385
  • Screenshot_Doom_20230615_222615.png
    Screenshot_Doom_20230615_222615.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 326
  • Screenshot_Doom_20230615_222653.png
    Screenshot_Doom_20230615_222653.png
    661.7 KB · Views: 375
  • Screenshot_Doom_20230615_222724_01.png
    Screenshot_Doom_20230615_222724_01.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 376
  • Screenshot_Doom_20230615_222748.png
    Screenshot_Doom_20230615_222748.png
    737.7 KB · Views: 346
  • Screenshot_Doom_20230615_222750.png
    Screenshot_Doom_20230615_222750.png
    817 KB · Views: 305
  • Screenshot_Doom_20230615_222817.png
    Screenshot_Doom_20230615_222817.png
    986.5 KB · Views: 343

MZZ

Content Creator
Making a sequel to BBW Infiltration Doom Mod. I used AI to generate the sprite this time. This might be the first AI powered DOOM mod. I'm planning on releasing it tommorow
Can you tell us about the production process? From AI to sprite? :)

snakesonaplane

Casual Client
Love the enemy in the office chair with her legs open like that. It looks like a defeat animation though, I don't suppose you could also have her active and shooting at you sitting like that too?

horatiojones80

Content Creator
https://www.undertow.club/downloads/gzdoom-mod-bbw-lair-infiltration-2.8206/
It's done. Find it here. Play it. Enjoy it.

Love the enemy in the office chair with her legs open like that. It looks like a defeat animation though, I don't suppose you could also have her active and shooting at you sitting like that too?
That's her death animation. Her combat animation is way bitchier. She has her legs closed, a scowl on her face and a gun in her hand.

Can you tell us about the production process? From AI to sprite? :)
I could talk your ear off about it lol. The only sprites that were completely AI generated are the standing and idle sprites. I used get-img.ai for all of the Ai work. Here's an example of a completely AI generated image I made into a sprite. Pretty standard and easy stuff for AI when you just need a standing model. From their I just edited a gun into their hands.

ai_thick_latina.png

The "dead" and "defeated" sprites were AI upscales of existing photoshop images I have lying around my hard drive from my deviantart stuff because AI can't do that stuff on its own. The front to back process for one of the defeated poses goes as follows. First I find a still or an image of a nice defeated pose. usually from SKW videos or Velvets Fantasies videos. I'll take the image, then draw a 3 pixel outline over the most important anatomical features, then I'll use the paintbucket tool to fill it in. The result is something like this. Y
facedown_bbw_5.png
You use both the image and a pompt like "photo of chubby woman face down, gray business pants, facing away, eyes closed". The important think is that you set the image strength to 50%-65% so it relies half on your image and half on the prompt. The trick is to prevent the AI from deviating from the anatomy and doing a bunch of weird shit. The result is something like this

img-W1pMd3iWKRZ6DckolIefR.jpeg

From there it's just standard image editing. You remove the background, scale it and bam you have a DOOM sprite.

The reality is that it's more "AI Assisted" then it is AI generated. The AI really does the texturing and the filling out some of the details, but there's a lot of image editing involved as well. The process isn't much different than doing what I did before which was googling everything and copying and pasting. It's just faster and more accurate in some regards. It'd be even faster if I got off my ass and learned a 3D modeling program, but trying DAZ Studio made me want to disembowel myself.

MZZ

Content Creator
Thanks for the insights! :)

Gave the wad a quick run through:
While the single sprites are high detailed 👍 I see there is an issue with keeping the sprites coherent (same suit color/design). And you had to skip walking animations, probably for the same reason?

There are some warning messages, you define your enemy actors in Decorate AND in ZScript, resulting in a namespace collision.
You can also assume that the SNDINFO from the base iwad is loaded automatically and you only need to define your own custom sounds.

Oh and I did not use the carry command, you have to define it in the key config first? The use key would be most fitting for the carry action.
You could check out my Slörk tech test how I got the use key to work on enemies. :)

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Oh dang, you've engineered your way to guro-h doom
I wonder if this also means that animating bodies on the ground has just... always been an option that no one really bothered with.

One of the big issues with the usability of AI generation for assistance is it's very bad at consistency. Since all it's doing is creating a statistically likely picture, it never actually, like, makes characters and tries to show them from different angles. It's something everyone who's tried to use it runs into, it never feels like it's creating the same character, it's always a bit off. Which is, well, cause it is.

MZZ

Content Creator
Oh dang, you've engineered your way to guro-h doom
I wonder if this also means that animating bodies on the ground has just... always been an option that no one really bothered with.

One of the big issues with the usability of AI generation for assistance is it's very bad at consistency. Since all it's doing is creating a statistically likely picture, it never actually, like, makes characters and tries to show them from different angles. It's something everyone who's tried to use it runs into, it never feels like it's creating the same character, it's always a bit off. Which is, well, cause it is.
Only a proof of concept so far :wink:

I think it has potential, but it is not a quick solution. No "Computer, sprite sheet, hot!" and it gives you a finished .png file :)
Using sketches for poses and very general looks seems like a good way. The other half will be the prompt to push the AI in the right direction.
Aaand it helps that the sprites are usually small and the action keeps you away from looking too closely at features ;)

xeousil

Potential Patron
https://www.undertow.club/downloads/gzdoom-mod-bbw-lair-infiltration-2.8206/
It's done. Find it here. Play it. Enjoy it.

That's her death animation. Her combat animation is way bitchier. She has her legs closed, a scowl on her face and a gun in her hand.

I could talk your ear off about it lol. The only sprites that were completely AI generated are the standing and idle sprites. I used get-img.ai for all of the Ai work. Here's an example of a completely AI generated image I made into a sprite. Pretty standard and easy stuff for AI when you just need a standing model. From their I just edited a gun into their hands.

View attachment 147157

The "dead" and "defeated" sprites were AI upscales of existing photoshop images I have lying around my hard drive from my deviantart stuff because AI can't do that stuff on its own. The front to back process for one of the defeated poses goes as follows. First I find a still or an image of a nice defeated pose. usually from SKW videos or Velvets Fantasies videos. I'll take the image, then draw a 3 pixel outline over the most important anatomical features, then I'll use the paintbucket tool to fill it in. The result is something like this. Y
View attachment 147155
You use both the image and a pompt like "photo of chubby woman face down, gray business pants, facing away, eyes closed". The important think is that you set the image strength to 50%-65% so it relies half on your image and half on the prompt. The trick is to prevent the AI from deviating from the anatomy and doing a bunch of weird shit. The result is something like this

View attachment 147156

From there it's just standard image editing. You remove the background, scale it and bam you have a DOOM sprite.

The reality is that it's more "AI Assisted" then it is AI generated. The AI really does the texturing and the filling out some of the details, but there's a lot of image editing involved as well. The process isn't much different than doing what I did before which was googling everything and copying and pasting. It's just faster and more accurate in some regards. It'd be even faster if I got off my ass and learned a 3D modeling program, but trying DAZ Studio made me want to disembowel myself.
I'm very interested in learning more about this. Which AI program did you use?

Edit: Sorry just saw it. I'm giving it a try but am not very successful so far :)

Last edited:

horatiojones80

Content Creator
Thanks for the insights! :)

Gave the wad a quick run through:
While the single sprites are high detailed 👍 I see there is an issue with keeping the sprites coherent (same suit color/design). And you had to skip walking animations, probably for the same reason?

There are some warning messages, you define your enemy actors in Decorate AND in ZScript, resulting in a namespace collision.
You can also assume that the SNDINFO from the base iwad is loaded automatically and you only need to define your own custom sounds.

Oh and I did not use the carry command, you have to define it in the key config first? The use key would be most fitting for the carry action.
You could check out my Slörk tech test how I got the use key to work on enemies. :)
I built this entirely on top of my old mod, so there are a lot of unused scripts and assets. I'm not going to do TOO much work on this especially in the sprite department, but It's definitely not a bad idea to put out a patch in the near future to
  1. Remove all decorate scripts and convert the ones I want to keep to Zscript
  2. remove all unused assets
  3. remove all unused code logic
  4. finish the 4th level I'm working on
  5. Bind the drag key by default
And yeah I made the sprites Wolfenstein style because AI doesn't do walk animations yet.

horatiojones80

Content Creator
Found a very Zako centric DOOM Mod when browsing for mods: Project Einherjar

It also happens to be very good. I highly recommend trying it if you like Doom mods or just FPS s in general. I decided to do some sprite editing on the 3 most common enemies in the game, made their death sprites a little more "womanly"

Attachments

• OFFGN0.png
    OFFGN0.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 229
  • REDGLO.png
    REDGLO.png
    2 KB · Views: 229
  • VDOCK.png
    VDOCK.png
    2 KB · Views: 222

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Can you make a version without panties?
That'd require him to make models.

HOWEVER, if there are nude models you like in Gmod and they're at least rigged up as playermodels, you could make your own zako force with the modpack. Gmod is very versatile and it's pretty amazing how much you can do with it. The sound stuff that Goroman did, for example, is fucking WILD, and its all modifying stuff the community already created.

Kristopher Prime

Club Regular
That'd require him to make models.

HOWEVER, if there are nude models you like in Gmod and they're at least rigged up as playermodels, you could make your own zako force with the modpack. Gmod is very versatile and it's pretty amazing how much you can do with it. The sound stuff that Goroman did, for example, is fucking WILD, and its all modifying stuff the community already created.
yep! heck, i am TRYING to work on a female Combine mod to use with Half-life 2! I've got suitable female models working but am trying to mix it in with female voice lines or create feminine versions of the existing Combine dialogue. it's a difficult balancing act between genuinely feminine models (the ones i used look only minimally feminine such as a curved chest area) vs trying to be lore-accurate. the best mod for me was a "cyber ninja" mod, but it only had 2 models used: one shared between the combine soldiers and the metropolice (two distinct organizations and it canonically clashes when compared to Barney's infiltration uniform) and the other used strictly for the Combine Elite. I have been pondering using a Haven Trooper (Metal Gear Solid 4) model for the metropolice. this way, we keep the "industrial/earthy" look of the metropolice while giving the actual combine soldiers a more "alien/futuristic" look with two color patterns to distinguish between the Soldiers and the Elites. I am no expert programmer, so my modding skill set is retrofitting what was already achieved or basic work (such as the bethesda modding tools allowing me to sex change characters or apply existing models for new NPCs).

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.