Vindictus (1 Viewer)

Umina

Ryonani Teamster
It's only instance based for now and it's, stupidly, peer to peer. So don't host a boat/server/party if your internet sucks.
Uh... I think you just do the regular backbreaker thing when next to crates.
No throws for enemies.
And yes, armor breaks. It happens a lot on harder missions and you WILL NEED A GROUP. The first 4, 5, 6 or so missions are totally solo-able. Then you hit the raid missions where, unless you're really good, you will be raped horribly and painfully. I tried fighting the gnoll chieftain, and I was getting killed in 3 hits from him. And you really do need to fix it, since you'll take a lot more damage. More damage is bad in an actually playing the game sense, and also means less ryona time if you're playing it just for that.

Umina

Ryonani Teamster
Uh. It probably could. The specs for it are surprisingly low, and cover a wide range of computer ability.

BoRaicho

Ryonani Teamster
About Release:

- In Korea the game was already launched. I think, all features, characters are available. Playing outside the region seems to be very hard, since you can only create account when you have a valide KSSN ( this is something like personal ID number, meaning you need the ID of real person) and you must use Korean proxi for logging in.
- The USA/CAN release is planned for Q4 2010. Early access beta started already. Open beta will start in about 10 days - 06.10.2010. Playing it from Europe is also possible, if you find out a way, message me, ill appreciate it :D
- The European release will be probably not earlier than in the beginning of 2011. The Beta for Europe starts at the end of 2010.

About the game :

- Fighting in small dungeons with for up to 4 players.
- Raid dungeons with up to 10 players.
- Different modes are available for the dungeons (normal/hard/nightmare), maybe the items you get in the harder dungeons are better.
- Combo fighting system, performing weak attacks with left mouse button(L) and smash with right mouse button(R). Combo example is L,L,L,R. The longer combo you do, the more powerful is your smash at the end.
- There is a variety of objects, which can be used as weapons or throwing amunition in the dungeons. Also there are secondary weapons such as spears or bombs available for all classes. secondary weapon can be bought from merchant.
- There are bays on which start boats, leading you to the different areas of the game. First boat leads to area lvl 1-15, 2nd boat is area for lvl 10-25. I have no clue how many boats are incoming, but i read that the max lvl is about 200 (not sure).
- In each dungeon are bosses at the end of the Dungeon, who drop specific reward.
- You can craft and enchant your equipment in town. For crafting/enchanting you must collect items from dungeons/bosses.
- So far I know, there are 5 different classes in the game. Evy is female caster, who can equip scythe, Fiona is female fighter and Lann is male fighter. I have no more information about the other 2 classes.
- The game has stories instead of quests. After completing stories you recieve some experience/item/title reward.
- Leveling character in Vidnictus seems only to give you the possibility to access different stories/skillbooks but does not improve your stats.
- Titles are reward for completing certain achievments. For example defeat 10 x enemies with objects, you recieve the title and permanent stat like + 1 strenght. So your main goal here is, getting those titles, for boosting your stats
- You recieve in game skills as reward for stories and you can also buy skill books from trainer. The skills have rangs from F (worst) to A (best). For improving skills, you need AP, which are rewarded after completing dungeons.
- A lot possibilities for costumazation characters are available. Well there is a video of costumazation of Evy in you tube.
- The new stuff in Vindictus is the armor break of your character after taking certain amount of damage. Different armors look also different when they break.

The Story:
- Monster came, guided by Evil forces and attack helpless civilians !!!
- You are the chosen one, only you can save mankind !!!
- Take this wodden sword, it has special power when you put it in fire!!!
Hehehe, joking^^ Iam not sure if thats the story, but it fits for 99% of all MMOs :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Umina

Ryonani Teamster
The other two characters will be a two-handed guy, so I assume one huge sword or something. And the other will be an archer.

Oh yeah, never spend your AP on meditation. It's a waste.

BoRaicho

Ryonani Teamster
First of all, for those, who dont know what meditation is, that is the skill, that gives you additional AP after certain amount of time.
I think its about 58 min when your meditation skill is rang F. You recieve 1 AP every 58 min with this skill, even when you are offline.

I read a guide on Vindictus wiki about meditation. It describes that if you spend all AP needed for rang A (about1200 or a bit more) it takes like 6-8 weeks, to get those points back. Of course, you have to log on, in order to spend your AP, since you can not possess more than 100/100 AP. At the beginning It appears to be wast of AP , bacause you have to wait over a month to get the points back. But just think logic, after those 6 weeks, you get AP points extra. If you are planing to stay longer in this game, it is a must-have-skill.

Also this skill seems to be affected by the attribute Intellegence. The Vindictus wiki says: 7 intelligence lower cool down of meditation with 1 second. It is not much, but if you are playing Evy, the caster class, you probably will love that skill :D

About this:

The other two characters will be a two-handed guy, so I assume one huge sword or something. And the other will be an archer.

Oh yeah, never spend your AP on meditation. It's a waste.

If there is character reset in the beta, then this skill is for all beta users waste of course :D

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
For an MMO, it already has some decent stuff. Pain animations and voices. Supposedly your armor can break but I haven't experienced that myself yet, except for my shield. I've done plenty of throws, but I haven't gotten any enemies to try and throw me. When you die, you can pan around your character laying on the ground with minimal distractions. I think there are maybe 3 pain animations based on the damage dealt. It doesn't seem like you can get permanently knocked to the ground while you're still alive. Haven't seen any holds yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I posted some keys and accounts you can use in the club house section if you're interested in trying it. I might make a video of this one. It's been a long time coming.

Your armor breaks if you take enough hits. They have the typical repair system of WoW, but also have a thing called deterioration, which makes it break faster the more you repair it. I haven't ran into anything with throws/holds and I've done everything available right now. Could be hope though, as the Korean version of the game is massive compared to what's available right now.

As for other questions or w/e, slow computers can run it fairly well especially if you turn stuff down. Mine is average as hell in terms of a gaming PC and I run it with almost no lag. The P2P instance hosting isn't a problem. If you play it with friends just have whoever has the fastest internet host and everything will work fine. If you don't want to run with randoms then don't, I've managed to solo everything in the game thus far, other then the speed runs and the polar bear, which I'm working on.

The next character coming up is a chick who uses scythes/staffs and magic, and looks incredibly badass.

The meditation thing is longer then 6-8 weeks. Not saying it's a complete waste, but it's a major time sink and if you plan on getting anywhere without being carried by a group of friends, good luck.

Hard difficulty has the same loot table as Normal, but it has a better chance of dropping the good stuff. IE you need one of those stupid "Get this item to drop off the boss" quests, putting it on hard will give you a better shot. Hero I have no clue about, as even at 26 I still can't pick it.

Overall it's a fun game for sure. The only other MMO that looks to play like it is Tera, which seems to be worse. My only real problems with it are sometimes the fixed attack animations completely ruin you when you're soloing. Bosses like the Kobold Chief/Polar Bear leave you almost no time to attack, so if you try to get that extra hit in you lose the chance to guard/dodge and probably die. I guess that's part of player skill, but it's frustrating. Other then that there's a few stupid bugs, like getting stuck in a shop menu, but those will probably be fixed and don't affect actual gameplay at all.

Umina

Ryonani Teamster
I assume you're soloing everything because you're Lann. He's so much easier and so much stronger than Fiona. =.=

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
I'm Fiona of course =P. She just has a different playstyle. I did polar bear tonight, and while I can see how it's easier with Lann, Fiona is my preferred playstyle imo. Slower, but much more controlled. I'm on West, name Nyluna if you ever need help with stuff. All I have left to do now is grind out AP or try to finish a couple bonus objectives until they patch.

BoRaicho

Ryonani Teamster
Update Vindictus!

Open Beta started already and with it the depot of Vindictus has been opened. Players can rent/buy goodies like different hairstyle, inner outfit and tatoos for their characters. The inner outfit is not a costume, it is the way your character appears when your armor is broken or when your character is naked. Inner outfits add stats like additional defense. The price of the outfits seems to be an expensive experience, for example basic inner outfit for Fiona (looks like the standart outfit when you start game, just you can customize the color) costs about 3000 NX for 30 days. The outfit, which looks quite like bikini (sexy) costs about 5000 or 6000 NX.
The stats are the same. NX is the currency required for the Vindictus store. 1000 NX cost a bit over 1 $.

So imagine, you rent an inner outfit(5-6$), another hairstyle(2-3$) and some tatoo (1$)for 30 days, this will cost about 10 $.

The major update is currently here:

The new character class Evie arrives on October 27, 2010.

But thats not all, more goodies are on the way. Shortly before this update, Nexon decided to set also the token system to more balanced status. I will explain briefly what is the meaning of tokens in Vindictus. The game is separated in 2 areas: the town and the dungeons. In order to reach a dungeon you have to take a boat. Tokens are required to pay the boat. Players start with 50 silver tokens. The first boat, leading to area for lvl 10-12 is free of charge. All other boats cost tokens. The more dungeons players visit per day the higher gets the boat tax. Starting with 2coins/trip , the tax goes to 3 coins after your 5th boat trip and after the 10th trip, you reach the max tax which is 4 coins/trip.

Dungeons in Vindictus take between 5-15 minutes, meaning that you might run out of coins* quite fast.

*You run out of coins => no more dungeons => no experience points/items.

In the closed Beta the tokens were refreshed to their starting amount of 50 tokens every 1-2 hour(s). Now the tokens will be refreshed only 2 times per week. But (ofcourse) you can buy some extra tokens from the Nexon store. So, if you want to level more you have to pay.

Umina

Ryonani Teamster
Oh hey, for those still interested, Evie (the mage) is now out. Amazingly fun to play and easier than Fiona :D

???

Potential Patron
I repeat my previous ignored and unanswered question, can you be knocked down and then hit while you're down?

archangel

Ryonani Teamster
You can be hit while knocked down, though its rare and the game seems to be designed to be more fair, unless you're surrounded by alot of enemies and they all try to attack at once. Theres no animation for being hit while down, though getting hit with a heavy attack will knock you away on the ground some more. I've only played the us release version but I've gotten all the way up to blood prince which is as far as this version goes for now i think, aside from getting knocked down there doesnt seem to be any grabs or special attacks that the enemy has. Maybe a little datamining might reveal the intention for something ryona like, it is the source engine how hard could it be to get the tools to find this stuff. The rest of the animations are some of the most fluent and well done I've seen in awhile, lack of content but feels well polished and its about time someone made it so breast physics doesn't make armor jiggle too.

M

maxmansupa

I'd imagine that it would not be a good idea to do, due to the fact that it IS an online game, and the developers/Publishers would probably not appreciate you trying to alter or even look at the code.

archangel

Ryonani Teamster
although evie's resurrection spell causes your ragdoll to be suspended in the air for a brief duration, resulting in some hilarious poses

Akari

Potential Patron
I found Vindictus just last week and have been loving it. It's free to play, but if you want to change Evie or Fiona's underclothes(Inner-armor is the game's term for them), from rather bland undershirts/long shorts you have to pay real money.
Some of the outfits are really cute/sexy, and the 'broken' versions of them can vary from not showing much skin to showing a ton of skin depending on which outfit it is.

The Spider Cloth Tunic is an example of a shirt that almost completely vaporizes when broken.
The sharpshooter skirt is an example of a skirt that almost completely vaporizes when broken.

I'll dig up some screenshots next time I play it to show what I mean!

Edit:
I've made some screen shots, but haven't really gotten around to uploading them somewhere to make into a coherent post. In the meantime, this URL has some pictures of the various armors, and some of them include pictures of their 'broken' state:
Code:
http://mabination.com/vindictus/vindictus-guides/11780-armor-set-guide.html

Last edited by a moderator:

elzee

Potential Patron
I played it in korean server, no grab,
everyday,I have to fight in the same dungeon. A week passed,I feel the game is boring.

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
Just now downloading this to check it out. Hasn't been any talk of this game for a while (since its official release, I guess?), does anyone still play it?

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
I uninstalled it, mostly just because I don't have the spare time for it and no one else I know plays it now. As I mentioned before, the game is pretty nifty for a F2P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.