Vindictus (1 Viewer)

Umina

Ryonani Teamster
It's in open-ish beta at the moment (head start for those who can get a beta key), and you can pick a guy or a girl character, for now. There's a mage (female) that's supposed to come out before the end of beta. They have attack and being-damaged voice acting, and there is armor/clothing destruction, ala Soul Calibur. You get hurt enough in areas, your top armor, pants armor, boots, helmet, shield if your Fiona (the girl character), then it can get damaged to shreds or something. Though, you'll probably have to use potions to survive for long enough to have your clothing actually destroyed early on. I don't know about later. No grabs so far though.

Oh, and jiggle physics. The characters (especially Fiona, I think) are pretty attractive, even on lower graphics settings. I can run this on normal graphics decently and I don't even have a dedicated graphics card!

Oh, and another thing. It has a built in recorder that allows you to pick formats, like you can make it into a youtube format or something like that.

Oh yeah, it's free by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

???

Potential Patron
I have to ask....

Can you be knocked down and hit while lying on the ground? If so, is there a flinch animation for it?

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
Has someone outside of USA/Canada successfully managed to get it to work? I was able to start another game from that side, but ingame it told me it has too poor connections between server and client and closed the game.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Didn't manage to get a beta key otherwise I'd test it. I do believe I read it's only available in US/Canada for the time being, they might have IP range blocks setup already.

deecp

Ryonani Teamster
Does anyone know where to get the beta key's?
btw tho i havent tried it i was able to download it in S.E.A

Umina

Ryonani Teamster
Uh, you don't need a beta key anymore, I don't think. I think the key was just for early start.

Also, Fiona isn't always in the armor. The armor changes based on what you have equipped.

And yeah, it's an action rpg. Think... God of War style fighting where you have light attacks and heavy/smash attacks. You chain together light attacks and after each light attack, you can end it with a smash.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Well if I try to play the game, it just disconnects me immediately. I don't think the game is officially out yet so unless you have the early start key (beta) key, you can download the game but you can't play it.

Umina

Ryonani Teamster
Uh... you have to have a nexon account and then I think you have to run it from the vindictus website initially or something. Also, there was maintenance earlier, so that might have been why you were disconnected. They have lots of maintenance since it is just the start of open beta or something.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
I'm logged in and opening the client from the website when I do it. It gives me a pop up before the game even opens saying I don't have an early access or beta key tied to my Nexon account. I never applied for the beta as I never saw a place to do so. Unless I'm missing something horribly obvious here, I don't think open beta has started for this game yet.

Umina

Ryonani Teamster
Ooooh, okay. Totally my bad. Apparently Open Beta really starts in October sometime. I gave my extra beta keys to a friend so I don't think I can just get them back. Sorry!

BoRaicho

Ryonani Teamster
Looks like this game was discovered here too :D

Nexon started an early open beta for this game at 15.09.2010. Public Open Beta starts on 6th October. It works only un USA/Canada. If you try to play it outside the region, your IP will be blocked(like mine). Although I found some comments in google, that some people can play it using proxies outside US/CAN. I tried also some proxies, but had no luck.
From what I read and saw in videos, I can tell you that this game remembers somehow on Soulcalibur. You can choose in the Beta between a male fighter with 2 swords or female fighter, wearing sword and shield(like Sophitia). The armor you are wearing can break after taking certain amount of damage. The graphic looks also decent.

noice1

Potential Patron
Sounds like it has potential, not sure if I want to beta test it, but hopefully if it's really good we can get some good videos out of it. Thanks for making us aware of it :)

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
I was trying this out earlier today. As a game, I think it's a pretty refreshing take on MMO's. It's based on the Source engine (not sure if somebody already said that) and seems to be mostly instance based. The starting quest has you pretty much immediately stuck in an instance and I haven't seen any world PvE yet as of level 5. The graphics are actually pretty amazing for how big the game is. It was only about 1.8 GB to download. I was trying out FF14 and I honestly think the graphics are comparable. The character models, though limited, are very detailed. You can customize your character a little bit. A little more than you can on WoW but less than others like EQ2 or Champions Online. It looks like they'll be adding more customization once the game is out of beta, although considering the game is free to play, I'm sure they'll be selling such things. Armor looks great. Tons of doodads and scenery you can bust up and use for weapons. Gameplay so far is pretty hack and slash though, but it keeps it interesting by adding in throws and smash moves. I'm curious how this game is in a group setting. Animations are pretty fluid and your character interacts pretty well with the environment. For instance, if you do a throw near a wall, you'll throw them against the wall and shoulder bash them into it; throw near a bunch of broken crates and barrels, you'll do a kind of body slam into them.

So, this is a ryona board and I'm getting to that. :P

For an MMO, it already has some decent stuff. Pain animations and voices. Supposedly your armor can break but I haven't experienced that myself yet, except for my shield. I've done plenty of throws, but I haven't gotten any enemies to try and throw me. When you die, you can pan around your character laying on the ground with minimal distractions. I think there are maybe 3 pain animations based on the damage dealt. It doesn't seem like you can get permanently knocked to the ground while you're still alive. Haven't seen any holds yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I posted some keys and accounts you can use in the club house section if you're interested in trying it. I might make a video of this one. It's been a long time coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.