Touch of death in video games (1 Viewer)

soap2

Potential Patron
Hi everyone. I am looking for some video games where just touching the female enemy makes you lose health or die. I know it is a different subject to what you may be used to but I was hoping it might be seen as a lite version of ryona.

I saw it discussed somewhere else and thought I would try here too, here is an example of some games with the touch of death in it:
Castlevania games that have the Student Witch, Succubus, Persephone, and all other female enemies. Other games include Bad Dudes vs Dragonninja, Iga Ninjyutsuden, Kicker, Surprise Attack

Thank you for help, also I was not sure if this is the right forum to post it in, it says zako which is sort of what I'm talking about so I posted it here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Psythe

Potential Patron
There are plenty of older platformers like this, but most are not likely to have destinctly female enemies. Castlevania is a good example like you've already mentioned.

Parasite Eve for the PS1 has this, but you're mostly fighting monsters as a woman, instead of being damaged *by* a woman, unless you count the main villain, who you fight at various points in the game. I never completed that game, as it was a rental a long time ago, but that's what I remember.

Dan Druff

Club Regular
soap2 is looking for real examples like Spartan-X 2 on Famicom, Castle of Dragon arcade, Batman Returns on Sega Genesis and Game Gear, Astyanax arcade, and Strider arcade. I'm sure there are more, but those are all I know at the moment. I know Bad Dudes versus Dragon Ninja and Iga Ninjyutsuden, but I am not familiar with Kicker or Surprise Attack. There is something strangely exciting about a female enemy who can defeat the hero by walking into him or simply making contact with him. Is she so hot that she causes him pain, or is the hero an extreme germophobe that the slightest touch by anyone or anything causes him bodily harm?

Psythe

Potential Patron
@Dan Druff I acutally have never played any of those. Maybe I'm slightly too young, growing up with the PS1. I just barely missed a lot of the classic arcade titles, including the early Street Fighters. I've got a different set of ryona origins.

Cuntington

Potential Patron
doesnt one of the metal gear solid series have these crazy chicks who try to straddle Snake to death?

soap2

Potential Patron
There are plenty of older platformers like this, but most are not likely to have destinctly female enemies. Castlevania is a good example like you've already mentioned.

I think this probably the best source for what Im looking for, platformers from 8bit and 16bit era with female enemy. If anyone can think of some please list them

soap2 is looking for real examples like Spartan-X 2 on Famicom, Castle of Dragon arcade, Batman Returns on Sega Genesis and Game Gear, Astyanax arcade, and Strider arcade. I'm sure there are more, but those are all I know at the moment. I know Bad Dudes versus Dragon Ninja and Iga Ninjyutsuden, but I am not familiar with Kicker or Surprise Attack. There is something strangely exciting about a female enemy who can defeat the hero by walking into him or simply making contact with him. Is she so hot that she causes him pain, or is the hero an extreme germophobe that the slightest touch by anyone or anything causes him bodily harm?

Thank you for some of those games. Some I didnt know about.

And Im glad you fnd it interesting too, I dont know why I like it when they are hurt just by touching. Maybe it because they are so hot like you said. Its slightly different from the other attacks discussed on the site which I also like. But just want to focus on touch of death. If you think of any more games like this please post them

soap2

Potential Patron
Right. I'm going to start contributing games with touch of death enemies in and hope that others do the same. I know the topic might be different from a lot of others on the board but it would be nice if others could contribute some games they know with this in

To start things off here is Magical Taruruuto-kun on Sega Genesis. The boss is found at 2:15 in this video

Magical Taluluto (Taruruuto Kun) Adventure No Hit Boss Run - YouTube

Dan Druff

Club Regular
I think any / most 2D Shinobi series game has this.
I know the third Shinobi game on Sega Genesis or Mega Drive had a female enemy, but I skipped it because it only had one female enemy early in the game. The second game had two female enemies who appear frequently. Enemies in platformers do have attacks, but contact also counts as an attack as if the entire body is made of active frames to damage the player.

Attachments

DynamiteFetish

Ryonani Teamster
I'm pretty sure that the Game Gear version of Shinobi has enemy women in red bikini/dresses (can't remember which exactly) on the waterfall level that throw bombs, and also harm if you touch them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS2yi0a2jco

There we go! She doesn't throw a bomb, a pair of knives or something. "What's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?" xD

Dan Druff

Club Regular
[video=youtube_share;uNGbAStPXZc]http://youtu.be/uNGbAStPXZc[/video]
1:49 and 1:56 are the ONLY TWO TIMES the female zako appears in Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master. She's pretty, but she doesn't last long; what a waste of a perfectly good woman.

Mystral Kiss

Potential Patron
Female enemy touch of death is not as common as I thought . . .

The best new example I have is Eroico. There's a thread for it here on Ryonani. Cat-girls, plant-girls, fairies, etc. They all have the touch of death, and they will additionally try to grapple you if you are stunned.

A favorite of mine is The Twisted Tales of Spike McFang on SNES. You soon encounter Feline Fighters, little cat-girls that swat at you with batons and lunge at you to latch on and bite. They can damage you simply by touch if you are too close. The first boss is also a cat-girl. This one I have fond memories of :)

View attachment Spike McFang Feline Fighters.bmp

Another small but odd example is Go! Go! Ackman on SNES. If I remember right, you come across a girl on roller skates, a mermaid that tries to drag you to the bottom of the ocean, and a scantily-dressed girl that throws pots at you. There might be others, but it's been a while. They do take away health just when touched, and the mermaid will drag you to your death even if you have health remaining.

soap2

Potential Patron
thanks for those Mystral Kiss. If you know any more or find any more then please post them

Another one is Tarzan Return to the Jungle for GBA. One of the bosses is Queen La

tarz.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.