Texmod no longer working (1 Viewer)

herve

Potential Patron
If any other fails, a cracked executables is ur last bet.
Yeah I avoid using cracks. Something I noticed. Texmod only has to be in the same directory as the game you are going to run in order to work. So for me to use it I just have to 1) copy texmod to the blades of time steam directory, 2) set up the winxp sp3 compatibility, then run texmod in that directory, 3) Make sure steam is already running, 4)pick the bladesoftime.exe in texmod, 5) load the mod, 6) hit run. And it seems to work fine. I didn't have to do the rename parts. It did NOT work with umod at all (any version I tried v1 and v2 alpha versions) even when I moved umod to the same directory as the executable of the game.

Xariama

Avid Affiliate
Not to raise a dead thread, but I can't seem to get it to work with Windows 10. Starts acting like it's going to work, then crashes, and my AV trips as a result. Any ideas?

Xariama

Avid Affiliate
I need to check this board more often...

Didn't work, still crashes. Guess it's completely hosed for Win10 users.

Last edited:

Xariama

Avid Affiliate
After trying every last trick I could think of, I've come to the conclusion that Texmod is completely and irreversibly broken for anyone running Windows 10, unless someone who's a lot smarter than me can figure it out. Fleet, I tried your fix, it did not work. Am I missing something?

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
What's the game? If I remember correctly, if the game doesn't use DirectX 9, texmod won't work.
If the game does use DirectX9, is the game the steam version? Special techniques are required for Steam?

Xariama

Avid Affiliate
It's EverQuest 2. I point at the .exe file, load the files, looks like it's going to go, then crashes.

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
I don't know if texmod works with Everquest 2. There are some games where it just doesn't work.

I missed seeing the part about texmod tripping your anti-virus.
Here's how to get around that:
Tell your antivirus program to ignore virus alerts in the folder where you have Everquest 2 installed. Put texmod in that folder and see if it works.
Also, see if there is more than one exe file for Everquest 2. Some games use a 'launcher' exe file, which just tells your computer to start the game's 'real' exe file.

Xariama

Avid Affiliate
It's always worked on my old computer. I'm wondering if it's not either Windows 10, or my McAfee, that's causing it not to work. If it's Win10, then I'm hosed. If it's McAfee, though, how would I go about telling it to ignore Texmod?

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
It's always worked on my old computer. I'm wondering if it's not either Windows 10, or my McAfee, that's causing it not to work. If it's Win10, then I'm hosed. If it's McAfee, though, how would I go about telling it to ignore Texmod?
I did a google search on adding exclusions to McAfee, and found this link.
How to Add Exceptions to McAfee
Note: Put texmod in the same folder that you have the game, then add the game folder to the exception list in McAfee.
If you haven't already tried it, run texmod in Windows 7 compatibility mode.

Xariama

Avid Affiliate
Nothing. There is no Add Folder option, despite all the crap that McAfee tried telling me. So I added Texmod directly. Still nothing. Uninstalling McAfee and reinstalling Norton. I have never, in my life, found a more user-unfriendly AV program than McAfee.

Update: Reinstalling Norton did the trick, it's working now. The problem wasn't with Windows 10 at all, it was McAfee being useless.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.