Texmod no longer working (1 Viewer)

Riddles

Potential Patron
EDIT: I've recently gotten a new graphics card/MB/CPU/Ram and I tried Texmod again, this time it seems to have worked. Borderlands 2 and Giana Sisters loaded up textures and the logging system respectively.

So it's been a while since I last used Texmod and recently I've moved my games over to a new HDD. Trying to use Texmod on Borderlands 2 however seems to no longer have any affect. While I have never used Texmod on BL2, I load it up like normal, select the borderlands2.exe (which is the right one, otherwise the game wouldn't start up, also tried the launcher.exe one to be sure), select my packages (again, from the right place, I see the correct drive letter and everything) and I run the game. However when it comes to seeing the actual textures that are supposed to be changed, nothing has happened.

However the weird thing is I also tried it on Duke Nukem Forever and the textures loaded like they should have. The one thing all the non-working games have in common is that they are all from Steam, DKF isn't and that is the only one working.

- Redownloaded Texmod, no change.

- Used on Alice: Madness Returns which I had done before using packages I have used before. Used several and one at a time.

- Both the games and Texmod are on the same HDD, previously they were all on the C drive.

- Tried running Texmod from both a central location (M:\Gamestuff\Textmod) and from the game folder. Also tried running Texmod directly and renamed as the game.exe and run from Steam.

- Checked Microsoft Security Essentials and added Texmod to Excluded Files and Locations as well as Excluded Processes.

- Went into Texmod's properties and set it's file permissions to full.

- Ran it as Admin.

- Tried to run it on Batman: Arkham City which I have done before but I'm getting an error saying the game is already running.

- Tried to run it on Hydrophobia: Prophecy but I'm getting an error with the game running. I copied it's filed from the C drive when I was transferring everything and verifying the cache brought up no problems. I deleted the local files (which didn't actually delete the folder contents) and I am reinstalling it now.

----------

Anyone have any idea what is happening here?

EDIT: I found uMod, tried using it on Alice but no luck. Didn't work on Duke Nukem either.

-----------

EDIT 2: A list of what I have tried

Borderlands 2 - Steam - Doesn't work

Alice: Madness Returns - Steam - Doesn't work

Duke Nukem Forever - No client - Works

Batman: Arkham City - Steam, GFWL - Works

Hydrophobia: Prophecy - Steam - Problem when trying to run, redownloading

Dead Space - Steam - Doesn't work

GTA IV - Steam, GFWL, Rockstar Social Club - Doesn't work

LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 - Gamefly - Works

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gandalf

What might be running on your system that wasn't before you installed your new drive?

Riddles

Potential Patron
In terms of hardware? Nothing. Software, mostly games, a video downloader program, not much that I can remember that seems like it could be remotely related.

fonglee

Content Creator
Are you running Win7 by any chance? If so, try setting Texmod's compatability to windows XP SP3. Man, I hate steam games...lol. :rolleyes:

Riddles

Potential Patron
I am using Win 7, never had a problem with Texmod with it before though and I don't recall doing anything special to get it to work. I tried running it in XP SP3 compatibility mode and even ticked the "run as admin" option to boot. No difference.

G

Gandalf

You might try shutting down your anti-virus protection to see if memory is being protected without issuing a warning.
Do you have UAC running?First thing i did when i installed Vista was shut that down,yikes drove me crazy.

G

Gandalf

Is Batman a steam game?
If so then i can't fathom why the others aren't working.

Very odd riddle Riddles.
Sorry i couldn't help it.

Riddles

Potential Patron
Batman is both Steam and GFWL in this case.

In the examples I have tried so far, only the Steam games (minus Batman: AC with GFWL) don't seem to work.

I'm going to look for some texmod packages for some non-steam games I have and for another Steam game and see if it is Steam that is doing this.

Riddles

Potential Patron
EDIT: I've recently gotten a new graphics card/MB/CPU/Ram and I tried Texmod again, this time it seems to have worked. Borderlands 2 and Giana Sisters loaded up textures and the logging system respectively.

In this case, Steam seems to be the problem here, GFWL is the exception in the case of Batman: AC.

I tried GTA IV as well which also has GFWL and Rockstar Social club. No luck. Also tried Dead Space which was Steam only, that didn't work either.

However LEGO Harry Potter which I got on Gamefly ran texmod logging and package mode without a problem. I managed to change one of the character's hair colours easily enough.

I think it is safe to say that Steam may be the reason here somehow. However I will try Alice again without Microsoft Security Essentials running to see if that may be the case, even though I added Texmod to it's excluded programs and processes.

xellos49698

Content Creator
Tex mod been working fine for me with all my steam games. Sorry to hear your having trouble. I've heard that if you have more then one copy of a game installed, Tex mod can become confused sometimes. For example, you two hard drives with the same game installed on both.

The best advice I can give you would be to complete remove the game data and reinstall using steam. A pain in the *** but it will probably fix the issue... unless there is something else on your computer causing an issue.

Riddles

Potential Patron
What I originally did was copy over all my game files to the new HDD and then run Steam to update the client. Loads of my games had to be downloaded again for some reason.

I'll try delete the local content for Alice and redownload it to see if it starts working. I have doubts though since I bought and downloaded Giana sisters during the sale and that didn't work either.

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
TEXMOD works with games that use DirectX9. If a game uses an older version of DirectX texmod will not work with it. Some games do not use DirectX for the graphics, so texmod won't work with them, either.

Riddles

Potential Patron
I've used Texmod fine with some of these games before, only later on did they seem to stop working.

I also uninstalled Giana Sisters from my secondary drive and reinstalled it on C, Texmod didn't work again sadly.

Could it be that something has happened with my graphics card? Though since I can't use Texmod at all on some games, even the logging mode, could the graphics card affect that too?

herve

Potential Patron
I am having the same issues with steam. I just bought Blades of Time and I can't get it to work at all. I loaded up my GoG version of Giana Sisters and that seems to work (at least logging mode works and puts up the red text). I have tried texmod and all the umod versions available and they all behave the same. Steam I think is blocking the mod programs. :(

simplesim

Content Creator
I am having the same issues with steam. I just bought Blades of Time and I can't get it to work at all. I loaded up my GoG version of Giana Sisters and that seems to work (at least logging mode works and puts up the red text). I have tried texmod and all the umod versions available and they all behave the same. Steam I think is blocking the mod programs. :(

rename the original xblade.exe to originalxblade.exe and rename texmod to the xblade.exe or whatever its named, I can't remember. Launch the game through steam and pick up from there.

herve

Potential Patron
rename the original xblade.exe to originalxblade.exe and rename texmod to the xblade.exe or whatever its named, I can't remember. Launch the game through steam and pick up from there.
Yeah tried that, and it didn't work. Steam ran the texmod program, I picked the renamed exe and nothing happens. wait got it...I had to set the bladesoftime.exe (the renamed texmod program) to winxp SP3 compatibility mode. I changed it before to be WinXP SP3 Compatible, but when I renamed it, windows didn't carry over the setting.

simplesim

Content Creator
Yeah tried that, and it didn't work. Steam ran the texmod program, I picked the renamed exe and nothing happens. wait got it...I had to set the bladesoftime.exe (the renamed texmod program) to winxp SP3 compatibility mode. I changed it before to be WinXP SP3 Compatible, but when I renamed it, windows didn't carry over the setting.

If any other fails, a cracked executables is ur last bet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.