Tera - Mods (5 Viewers)

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
I was able to fix my copy of the *_F_H.gpk files so that I can get the previous versions to work, but it doesn't have any changes made to the default gunner armor. But hey, I'm not invisible. Now if I only knew how to upload them for everyone.

When you make a post here at GVZ, look below the area where you type text. Scroll down a bit and you will see a button that says "Manage Attachments" Click on it to access the file upload window. You should be able to figure out things from there.
Links to host sites sometimes get broken; we prefer that members host mods here at Gamevixenzone.

U

urumizawa

aside from the elin decensor and the japanese voice pack (that makes the game crash for an uknown reason and i am not saying its your files that are broken since every sound replacer makes it crash i'd appreciate if someone can solve this)
all the other links seems to be broken an update will also be appreciated :) thanks

Molokk

Potential Patron
BHS has done a great job of censorship with most outfits released in the last year.... Silver Bikini can show a bit of nipple but rest of skin mesh top and bottom is cut away, Carnivale Torpedo no skin mesh at all under it, Tech Uniforms nothing exciting can be done unless you just want skirt gone, Deep Blue V big hole in skin mesh around nipples and no mesh at all at bottom, Cocktail Dress can remove knickers and shorten dress, Magician sets no skin mesh underneath, Ninja sets no skin mesh underneath, Chinese and Asian dresses no skin mesh underneath, etc, etc.
It's been a sad time for modding in TERA, even the new gunner armors you can do almost nothing with because they cut holes in the skin mesh or remove it completely under the armor.

Wow...

That explains a lot. So BHS have deliberately left holes in the character models / meshes to make sure that texture modders would not be able to put their textures on anything. I get the bigger picture now. I wonder... why? I mean what is the point for BHS to do that? Because we use mods that only show up for us, not other players. It is client-side, it's for our personal use. I really don't understand the big point. Maybe BHS received warnings from ESRB? Or maybe EN Masse warned them? But then again, why would they if the textures we use only show up for us in the game, and not for others?

Anyway...

So is there any solution? There are holes in some costume meshes. Which means that a modder would have to create the missing parts from zero? Or would it be possible to take the mesh from an existing costume with similar body proportions (for example) and "replace" the missing holes with the mesh parts of another costume? I guess it would just mess up the polygons and we would have all sorts of errors, or it would just look bad in the end. I suppose that the only real solution would be for a very talented modder to just create (or "re-create") the meshes from zero, so that texture modders would finally have a mesh to put their modded textures on.

Damn you BHS, why so stupid?

patches13

Avid Affiliate
Wow...

That explains a lot. So BHS have deliberately left holes in the character models / meshes to make sure that texture modders would not be able to put their textures on anything. I get the bigger picture now. I wonder... why? I mean what is the point for BHS to do that? Because we use mods that only show up for us, not other players. It is client-side, it's for our personal use. I really don't understand the big point. Maybe BHS received warnings from ESRB? Or maybe EN Masse warned them? But then again, why would they if the textures we use only show up for us in the game, and not for others?

Anyway...

So is there any solution? There are holes in some costume meshes. Which means that a modder would have to create the missing parts from zero? Or would it be possible to take the mesh from an existing costume with similar body proportions (for example) and "replace" the missing holes with the mesh parts of another costume? I guess it would just mess up the polygons and we would have all sorts of errors, or it would just look bad in the end. I suppose that the only real solution would be for a very talented modder to just create (or "re-create") the meshes from zero, so that texture modders would finally have a mesh to put their modded textures on.

It's not a good idea for them to be doing this and it will eventually cost them money in sales. Point in fact:

Naduron is directly responsible for me spending $40 bucks just last month on Tera. His "mods" on the outfits that made them sexier caused me to want the outfits and purchase the outfits. Naduron's work made En Masse money. Hell if he still played and wanted something ingame I'd buy it for him because of how awesome he and modders like him are! (which would be more money for Tera)

Cavoch

Potential Patron
Hi guys,
sry if i ask but I have i huge doubt....

Is it possible to fix the armor for high elf gunner OR NOT?

If yes there is a way to fix it? (I already saw the instructions in this thead but it didn't work...)

Or I/We need to wait for it?

patches13

Avid Affiliate
Hi guys,
sry if i ask but I have i huge doubt....

Is it possible to fix the armor for high elf gunner OR NOT?

If yes there is a way to fix it? (I already saw the instructions in this thead but it didn't work...)

Or I/We need to wait for it?

Yes. No modder has done it that I know of yet though. You have to go to the GPK and pull every single outfit that was modded out of it, then go and put all those back into the new GPK with the gunner update. I tried a bit but some mod's have multiple files and not knowing which "modded outfit" has multiple files stumped me. Hope this answers your question.

Cavoch

Potential Patron
hi,
i already tried to change the files (1 by 1) too, but i don't know if i do something wrong, but it changes nothing...
anyway i'll wait for someone to mod it...

thx

Naduron

Content Creator
Of course it doesnt, cause why would it? its just paint.
De-censor for HE/castanics will never work, its dead, finished.
I dont get it why people get the idea that the de-censor will work again if you just copy/paste the DDS.. it WON'T so stop trying to make people into believing it.
You CAN'T use Magic to turn the new GPK into a de-censor, If you want to update the Old De-censor mod the REAL WAY, so will you have to create a tool which allows you to extract/import 3d models but its UE so it will never happen, unless someone finds a way to make a fake GPK which allows it or force it to stop looking for the keys or something likke that.
Until then de-censor for HE/Castanic is dead so stop spreading lies cause i dont wanna look for every Tera mod site and post the exact same message..

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray Wing

Content Creator
Wow...

That is very common practice in game development and CG in general. And usually it has nothing to do with texture modifications prevention. It is done because:
  • There is no point in spending time modelling, texturing and testing things that nobody is supposed to see ever. It's plain waste of time and money.
  • Removing occluded mesh parts from game resources will slightly increase FPS because in game CPU/GPU will not waste time checking are that polygons visible or not for every frame.
  • If there is a body mesh underneath clothing you will certainly have clipping issues during animations and you will have to test every animation and fix it. To make things worse fixing clipping issues for one animation may introduce clipping issues for other animations.
  • Probably some other reasons.

Anyway...

As Naduron said, there is no way to import modified meshes back to GPK. You can extract a model, but cannot put it back. AFAIR that is because of GPK encryption. A decryption key was retrieved from a hacked game executable (the game has to know the way to decrypt its own resources obviously). But only game developers have an encryption key.

jay.ohoh

Potential Patron
So just to confirm (ive been out of the loop for a bit), the ELIN decensor patch no longer works?

That is the only one I use...

Molokk

Potential Patron
@ Ray Wing

I see. Good points indeed.

I guess that it just confirms that TERA modding (at least for either full or partial nudity) is completely dead now (I mean regardless of the actual reasons behind BHS' actions regarding character models, meshes, etc.). At least TERA is still a decent game without mods, it has good dynamic combat and great music (and superb art style and world design). As far as modding goes I suppose that we'll still have Blade & Soul to play with in the near future (for the North American version I mean).

Oh well, good bye TERA texture mods, it was fun while it lasted (it hurts especially considering I myself don't play the Elin race in the game, they creep me out more than anything else, so any mods for them that can still be applied don't interest me in the slightest).

And, Naduron, since you're still around and reading posts and replying, I'd like to take this opportunity to say thank you for all your modding work for TERA, you're talented!

Naduron

Content Creator
There is one armor for gunner which can be turned into a nude mod.
(This is one of them and i have no idea how many armor gunner has, havent checked any pictures of them.)

Fast exempel:
TERA_ScreenShot_20150528_191652.png TERA_ScreenShot_20150528_191701.png TERA_ScreenShot_20150528_191710.png TERA_ScreenShot_20150528_191716.png TERA_ScreenShot_20150528_191720.png

Castanic has en exact same armor.

BlyTwo

Vivacious Visitor
I see things are still going here... After a long time i finally have a decent functioning computer and time i dunno what to do with. I do have other things on the go, but if anyone ever wants to pester me a little, i could look into if there's any more things that can be done with elins yet. (i haven't been playing for quite a while, so i won't have money for costumes or anything to see about changing them though).
I do know that most stuff still works as the last thing to break a bunch of elin stuff was reaper, though i'm sure there's a couple castanic things i have that broke.

To what was said before, everybody needs to realize that when we don't have access to modifying character models themselves, our work is limited purely to texture(including normal maps, bump) modification. It's actually pretty amazing what we can do with just textures, but in the end, if there's no skin poly underneath, there's nothing you can do (other than doing stuff like skin texture on top of clothing models, but that looks horrible).

Anyways figure i'd let people know i'm still alive. And if you want my existing costume mods & elin nude, i'm sure you can search for it :)

ps: hey that armour is not half bad... i might even just use it if i make a gunner and get back to tera :P

furrygamez

Potential Patron
why do some parts on elins have no hair or black face or when you select elin on the race list the elin has no armor on is there anyway to fix that or do the elin files need to be updated?

patches13

Avid Affiliate
why do some parts on elins have no hair or black face or when you select elin on the race list the elin has no armor on is there anyway to fix that or do the elin files need to be updated?

This has been in the game since 2012. Back in 2013 someone posted a possible explanation that I think is probably the closest to the truth. Basically the KTera char creation screen did not have high def models like the EU and NA releases did. This causes the issues (people using KTera elin's as a base).

Seems the most plausible to me.

BustyLoliChan

Potential Patron
So, I've started to get back into Tera and have always hated the censorship. What I've done in the past is download the original files with my hangame account and just dump them into the appropriate folder for the NA client. And it generally works.

I've attached the following albeit HUGE (4.34 GB) zip of the Japanese Tera "TERA\S1Game\CookedPC\Art_Data\Packages\CH\PC" folder
I've also noticed that while using this, the black faces glitch from whatever v1.8 Elin patch is currently up on here has been eliminated.

I know it's currently working for Elins.
None of my friends with unpatched files have been on to take a screen shot so I can see if there are any differences in the Castanics
Either way, they are all the original uncensored JP art files, so I suspect if it's working for Elins it should also be working for everything else just fine.

Please feel free to download enjoy and test it out and let me know how it works out for you.
https://mega.nz/#!Rk0hxRjQ!S0DqG6_tkOLIxqndVq-X4NHm9u5fmrvhJHvJLIFDpqE

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.