SyntaxTerror messing around with his new toy: Flash CC (1 Viewer)

Faceless

Content Creator
SyntaxTerror SyntaxTerror Uh, those nodes are supposed to be there. Vectors are by nature expressed by equations, and those nodes mark where the equation defining the line changes. Without them the line would be constrained to a single equation, which is why it goes back to a straight line when you delete the intermediate nodes.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
SyntaxTerror SyntaxTerror Uh, those nodes are supposed to be there. Vectors are by nature expressed by equations, and those nodes mark where the equation defining the line changes. Without them the line would be constrained to a single equation, which is why it goes back to a straight line when you delete the intermediate nodes.
With Inkscape, this kind of thing never happens, so it is hard to believe that a six-f..-hundred dollars program cannot handle bezier lines properly...
If this cannot be solved, how can I change the curve of a line more than one time (i.e. change and be able to come back later and change it again, without having to erase these new nodes)?

stuntcock

Content Creator
If this cannot be solved, how can I change the curve of a line more than one time (i.e. change and be able to come back later and change it again, without having to erase these new nodes)?
Don't allow a curve to cross itself. Don't setup a T-shaped intersection within a curve. Don't use the Selection tool (hotkey: v) to directly manipulate curves -- use the Subselection tool (hotkey: a) or Convert tool (hotkey: c) to adjust the Bezier handles instead. If you want to get really fancy: understand the difference between cubic and quadratic curves.

I just made sandals with two rgbFills but the first one does not work (I can change the colour of the sole, but not of the straps).
You didn't assign a name to the symbol instance of the straps. It works fine once you add that name.

You don't need to add "extra" instances of the symbols to the main canvas; doing so will only lead to confusion.

The naming work is done entirely within the "shoe" element (or the "pants" element, or whatever).

Sandals - platform 4+rgb.fla
Edit: updated to fix undefined property error

Last edited:

bigjerry

Casual Client
Hi, about RGB I've managed to do this few days ago. You don't have to rename layer to rgbfill and rgbfill2, and as I can see, You changed name in properties of rgbfill2 layer (sole?) but your stripes element dont have instance name (wchich should be rgbfill)

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Don't setup a T-shaped intersection within a curve.
Effectively, the lines where forming a T there. That is maybe the reason why Inskape doesn"t allow this kind of paths.

You didn't assign a name to the symbol instance of the straps. It works fine once you add that name.
You don't need to add "extra" instances of the symbols to the main canvas; doing so will only lead to confusion.
The naming work is done entirely within the "shoe" element (or the "pants" element, or whatever).
I still do not understand this part, if I do not put the RGB symbols in the main thingy, I have errors 1120: Access of undefined property rgbFill1.

[EDIT] Okay i could manage to do it: my mistake was to use the name "rgbFill1" instead of "rgbFill"...
Thank you stuntcock stuntcock and B bigjerry , now I have to find a better look for these crappy platform sandals:

IKkxJNS.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.