Strange results when changing folder names (1 Viewer)

colin

Content Creator
Here is a weird problem... The two pictures linked show the game when loaded from the SDT folder, then loaded again with the SDT folder renamed testing. Literally the only change I made was renaming the folder SDT -> testing
For some reason, the charcode gets reset to defaults, and the frame rate cuts in half, from 16 to 8...

If I run a loader from another package, it is fine, but if I make a copy of mine, it HAS to run as a folder labeled SDT in the folder I originally placed the program... Could it be trying to remember file paths for some reason?

Just to be safe, I tried deactivating all mods, and the same problem still occurs.

SDT folder.PNG Changed to testing folder.PNG

Last edited:

sby

Content Creator
Coder
not sure if this is it..
use the modsfolder.jar to update the character folders .txt, that file describes what folders should be referenced.

colin

Content Creator
Thank you, but it did not help. None of the files I can find specifically reference a file path, just a RELATIVE path, i.e. go to folder x in the folder this program is run from. That is why I am so confused by it...

stuntcock

Content Creator
Here is a weird problem... The two pictures linked show the game when loaded from the SDT folder, then loaded again with the SDT folder renamed testing. Literally the only change I made was renaming the folder SDT -> testing
For some reason, the charcode gets reset to defaults
The default method by which Flash saves files to the local disk is a bit arcane.

C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\{alphanumeric}\localhost

Take a look at this folder. You should find a files with the .sol extension. If you've played games created by Fenoxo, then you'll see your saved-game files in that folder. Incidentally, you can use minerva to inspect the contents of these files and edit them (for debugging or cheating purposes). The files aren't limited to just saved-game progress information, though - they also contain Settings and Preferences.

You'll notice several subfolders. These correspond to actual folders on your disk. You'll probably find one named:

C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\{alphanumeric}\localhost\Users\{username}\Downloads

The contents of this subfolder will be a bunch of SOL files for any Flash games that you downloaded to the default folder and then played as-is (without attempting to move them to a more permanent location).

Thus: some Flash games (such as Fenoxo's) will automatically use the "root" folder to store their SOL files, but others will use the relative paths. If you cut-and-paste one of the latter Flash games to a new location (or if you start renaming folders) then it will be unable to find its SOL file. It will revert to default settings and create a new SOL file to store user-submitted information (preferences, game progress, high scores, etc). Games in the first category are insensitive to file operations and can safely be moved around or renamed without any negative consequences. SDT belongs to the second type.

Return to the root folder (".../localhost"). Search for a file named ChoIrrumatio.sol. That's your SDT settings file. Since you've done some filepath tinkering, you probably have several copies of it. You can probably identify the "best" file because it will be the largest (due to the extra custom characters that it contains). If you're feeling confident then you could try to replace the other SOL files with your preferred copy (if you do so, then you'll want to copy the ChoIrrumatio_thumbs.sol file as well). You could try to use minerva to manually splice the files together and repair any inconsistencies.

The safest approach is to use the "Char List Backup" feature within the game. It will copy all of the custom girls (and their portraits) into an external file which can then be imported into the new instance. It won't carry any of your custom settings, but those can be repaired quite quickly, via the normal in-game menus.

and the frame rate cuts in half, from 16 to 8
No great mystery here. When your settings reverted to default, SDT enabled a bunch of optional features (such as tears and saliva strands, shaders for the semen strands, high-quality graphics mode, etc). Your FPS should recover when you switch back to your preferred settings.

sbwJeka

Potential Patron
Thank you for a detailed explanation, stuntcock stuntcock !
I saved some custom characters and then decided to move the SDT folder. As a result, I couldn't see my characters in-game.
I did as you said and now I can see my saved characters again.
Peace <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.