Starlight Glimmer (1 Viewer)

michealdark

Potential Patron
I would love to see a mod for this particular MLP villain!

edit: Hopefully this fixes things somewhat. It's surprisingly hard to get good side profiles of here, and even harder to find good EqG versions of her in general. Hopefully there's something useful here. Sorry about the last two as well, but for some reason postimg decided to cut her head off for the thumbnail, no matter if I uploaded from my computer or from the web. Even the thumbnail images of the actual images themselves, it keeps chopping the heads off. So just click through them, or hopefully the first two images prove useful

stuntcock

Content Creator
Re: Starlight Glimmer and Adagio Dazzle

michealdark said:
I would love to see a mod for these particular MLP villains!
Please read the rules.

Please search before creating a Request thread. Sunset Shimmer and Adagio Dazzle already exist. If you find them lacking then you can post a Revision thread describing the changes that you'd like to see.

Please post reasonably-sized reference images. 6820px is great as an artistic resource, but it's not appropriate for a web forum (because the images don't even fit within the table structure, and so everyone who visits this page is forced to download several megabytes of highres images that they can't actually see). Instead, you should post thumbnails, each of which includes a hyperlink to the corresponding full-sized image.

Please don't embed offsite images directly into your posts. The hosting website might get upset (because you're leeching their bandwidth) and the image URLs are unstable -- your images may disappear without warning. Instead, upload your files to a dedicated imagehosting website (such as PostImage) and then use the BBCode snippets to include them in your post. This neatly handles the previous "thumbnail" suggestion, as well.

Please take a look at the Reference Shot Guide. Front-view images of a character's face are rarely useful; we need side views. In the case of MLP stuff, there's an additional artistic challenge involved in adapting a pony hairstyle (which is basically a mohawk) into a full human hair design. There are some modders on this forum who lack such artistic skill and creativity. You may get faster results if you post humanized fanart (and/or EQG images). You don't need to remove the pony images, but it wouldn't hurt to supplement them with images which can be fitted onto an SDT template without a lot of re-design.

You should probably include some guidelines w/r/t accessories. Some MLP mods include horns, snouts, or modified ears. There are also custom tails and flank marks for some characters. A Request thread normally covers only the hairstyle itself, but it's still a good idea to specify what you're looking for (just in case the modder draws a unicorn hair in the middle of the forehead, when you were hoping for a more human look).

If you're hoping to get customized clothing then you must explicitly ask for it. Please be aware that clothing mods are fairly time-consuming, and that EQG images are not ideal references for SDT clothing (due to the EQG characters' strange proportions, and the flat-color art style). It's a long-shot.

Similarly, it is implicitly assumed that a Request thread refers to static hairstyles. If you want dynamic SWFs then you must explicitly say so. Dynamic hairstyles are more labor-intensive, so they're somewhat less likely to be delivered.

You can improve the odds of success if you're willing to handle some of the preparatory work. The first step is providing good reference images. Vector tracing is also useful, as is the creation of charcodes.

MLP has an existing fanbase, so there's a fair amount of vector artwork already available. If you're willing to do some legwork (e.g. tracking down artists, emailing them, and getting their permission for re-use) then you may be able to reduce the workload for SDT modders.

michealdark

Potential Patron

:'( Sorry I kinda made a mess of things there. If a mod wants to delete this thread, please do so. I did not know that these characters are already done, as I haven't seen them in with the other MLP characters I've been able to find on here. I'm sorry.

edit: I did a quick search and it does not look like Starlight has been done yet (the villain from the season 5 premiere, not Sunset Shimmer. I know, very similar names)

stuntcock

Content Creator

michealdark said:
I did a quick search and it does not look like Starlight has been done yet
That's true. You still need to fix your first post if you want someone to work on her.

not Sunset Shimmer. I know, very similar names
You posted an image of Sunset Shimmer, so I thought it was worthwhile to mention her even though she wasn't named in your Request.

sby

Content Creator
Coder

holy vector sizes batman

michealdark

Potential Patron
Made the edits. Hopefully that's a little better, but postimg decided not to cooperate with the last two. People are going to have to click through to the actual images, because it keeps deciding to cut the heads off.

AdrianMcClean

Content Creator
I've added a Starlight Glimmer with matching mane and tail to the resource manager. Not quite villain mode any more, but hay, whatever. Feedback welcome!

Starlight Glimmer S6 Static Hairstyle

Starlight Glimmer Tail

Starlight Glimmer Cutie Mark (or use the alternative Skin Mark implementation for a humanized character)

Codes:

Code:
charName:Starlight Glimmer;mood:Happy;bodyScale:1;arms:onlegs,onlegs;throatResist:50;hair:sdchan,1,1;iris:wide,84,75,209,1;breasts:51;skin:light;nose:normal;ear:normal;lipstick:0,134,64,180,0.09;eyeshadow:55,26,99,1;sclera:255,255,255,1;blush:255,40,120,0.122;freckles:60,24,24,0.8,0;mascara:0,0,0,1,0;nailpolish:105,50,143,0;eyebrow:normal,105,50,143,0.498,0,0,0,0;hairhsl:0,1,1,1;skinhsl:72,1.32,0.95,1;hisskinhsl:100,1,1,1.04;bg:2;hisBody:male;hisPenis:0,0.98,0.98;balls:1,0.8600000000000001;hisSkin:1;hisTop:shirt,63,118,162,1;hisBottoms:slacks,0,0,0,1;hisFootwear:loafers,0,0,0,1;collar:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;cuffs:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;gag:none,0,0,0,1;panties:none,255,255,255,1;top:none,255,255,255,1;armwear:none,0,0,0,1;legwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;footwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;eyewear:none,0,0,0,1;headwear:none,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1;tonguePiercing:none,183,187,195,1;herTan:none,0;customHair:MLP-Hair-Starlight-Glimmer.png;swfMod:MLP-Cutie-Mark-Starlight-Glimmer-Clothing.swf,1;swfMod:MLP-Tail-Starlight-Glimmer.swf,1

Preview:

sshot-starlight-glimmer-character-only-onehalf-png.51830

Last edited:

Supermark

Potential Patron
Thank you very much, i've been waiting for my favorite pony to go through the SDT treatment. Thank you very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.