Star Trek Online Nude Mods (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regardie

Avid Affiliate
The only difference between what I do and what Password42 did with the breast jiggle is he modified a test.xml and I modify the actual Startrekfemale.xml file in dynbouncer. I remove the neck hinge and right side holster bend and replace it with the breast bounce information. I did that since I don't think Cryptic uses the file themselves, as it does some funny things, and I can find no bounce object that targets the Startrekfemale file.

My files include the borg queen and core females for all the mods that seem appropriate.

I just looked at the patch notes for April 5 and I can't tell if this would break with that patch. Please let me know.

Season 13 is coming soon and that will definitely break this work and I will try again.

As far as any nude work, I have been poking around a bit in the files and trying to discover some things. The MSET tool found briefly on XanteX has been reposted on Facepunch by someone who managed to get it before it disappeared. The code is obsfucated and I have not had any luck reversing it yet. It seems to work fine on extracting geometries from the MSETs. The author thought he might extend the tool to allow obj to MSET as well as he had reverse engineered the file structure, but then he later claimed no knowledge of the tool. He is a Polish programmer who was active on the STO reddit and official forums for quite some time and then his activities stopped almost completely.

I have used the latest Noesis tool to open the high res textures HTEX, simply by changing the extension to CRN as they seem to be a DDS file that has been Crunched. That seems like the best approach to work with the files. I have tried to play with them in the AMD Commpressor tool but I have had no luck making them work. The new Crunch is not documented very well anywhere, A lot of the information deals with an older CRN file format. I have not tried opening them in the latest GiMP yet.

I still think the problem is Cryptic finally streamlined the graphics pipeline. We were taking advantage of a graphics pipeline where they processed the underlying geometries all the time, so we could "break" a surface layer and the body layer would still be there.

Now, they do some preprocessing and throw away the underlying geometries before render, so when we "break" the surface, there is nothing left to render.

So in order to make this work, I think nude costumes will have to be created for your toon to wear. It won't be as complete as the old mod.

I am open to any thoughts on this from the community.

xaos25

Avid Affiliate
OK, one last time, here are updated versions of Password42 and Regardie's custom jiggle and breast size folders. The original instructions and preset values from Password42 are included in them. I also include a fully compiled version of the three basic mods with my settings (put them in Live\localdata\bin, as always). These are all updated for this week's build of the game.

As I said, I will likely not post updates every time Cryptic patches the game, so it would be advisable to get used to following the long instructions I posted above. If you keep saved copies of the four (at most) modified .xml files as I suggested, it takes less than 10 minutes to regenerate everything for a new version. The attachments to *this* post will only work until the next major client update.

As for a fancy installer, there is no real obstacle other than time investment. Password supported six different jiggle pre-sets and three different breast-size pre-sets, plus a manual/custom option for each. So that is 11 different, but almost identical, versions of the same things, instead of 2. Five times as much, but if you set up scripts to do it automatically, it wouldn't take a significant amount of additional work. There is also the one-time overhead of the configuring installer itself. I'd guess this is one-two hours of work for somebody like me who vaguely knows what they're doing. For someone already familiar with creating installers, maybe half that. But then you have to commit to keeping it up to date, or there is no point.

Thank you very much for your explanation and your work on the issue. As much as I'd like to say I'm going to learn what I need to learn as a personal improvement and keep this going, I know that's not gonna happen. For now, I am pleased to have these mods able to be put in place, the instructions are very helpful. You have a knack for explaining things in nontechnical ways for the interested but ignorant reader.

If I can impose on you to do another explanation: Could we get a single outfit set up for a similar, manual process to allow for nude appearance? And then that file would have to be fiddled with every patch/new ship release, but it would be a manageable process. I can handle manually (eventually, automating to some extent) reinstalling and making this work for me, but I am still pretty fuzzy on the details on how to make a way to display a nude costume and then where to put it in the live folder, much less how to keep it from breaking. As you said for the above, limiting it to 2 processes instead of 11 simplifies the process, so how can we simplify nude to a single outfit instead of the many options Password42 liked to play with?

The ZTS

Content Creator
That sounds great and would be a first step, but for those (like myself) who occasionally like to play mix-n'-match (cause it makes things much more interesting :P), that would kinda suck.

belechannas

Vivacious Visitor
I still think the problem is Cryptic finally streamlined the graphics pipeline. We were taking advantage of a graphics pipeline where they processed the underlying geometries all the time, so we could "break" a surface layer and the body layer would still be there.

Now, they do some preprocessing and throw away the underlying geometries before render, so when we "break" the surface, there is nothing left to render.

So in order to make this work, I think nude costumes will have to be created for your toon to wear. It won't be as complete as the old mod.

Thanks for the update and explanation.

I am curious, though, because Password42 *did* manage to actually add things to the body layer (e.g. nipples, pubic hair), not just remove the surface layer. Or, at least, he was able to do something that had the same visual effect.

Also, there were a fair number of outfits even before that couldn't be "removed". While I don't understand the details, it seemed like only ones that showed cleavage or had a low neckline were removable. Although he somehow managed to make most of the NPCs naked too.

Daedalus

Content Creator
Imho, the best uniform/costume/outfit to start with for nude would be the Terran Mirror top and skirts, because the TM top doesn't cover much. And I have that on all my toons (+away team which is all-female :tongue: )

Regardie

Avid Affiliate
Thanks for the update and explanation.

I am curious, though, because Password42 *did* manage to actually add things to the body layer (e.g. nipples, pubic hair), not just remove the surface layer. Or, at least, he was able to do something that had the same visual effect.

Also, there were a fair number of outfits even before that couldn't be "removed". While I don't understand the details, it seemed like only ones that showed cleavage or had a low neckline were removable. Although he somehow managed to make most of the NPCs naked too.

Yes the body layer was a simple texture swap with user generated textures that added the naughty bits.

He worked on uniforms that had open tops since that has some skin rendered under it. But the way he removed uniform pieces was to zero out the contents of the MSETs. That no longer works.

That leads us to now. Trying to get a better handle on how Cryptic implements the uniforms in their code to remove them successfully. And unfortunately, I have moments of clarity and then confusion about the process so I drop it from time to time. Is it doable? I think so, but I haven't been able to dig deep enough to get my head around the system. Not being a 3D game designer is slowing my progress. Oh and real life keeps raising it's hand for attention.

belechannas

Vivacious Visitor
As far as any nude work, I have been poking around a bit in the files and trying to discover some things. The MSET tool found briefly on XanteX has been reposted on Facepunch by someone who managed to get it before it disappeared. The code is obsfucated and I have not had any luck reversing it yet.

Are you talking about the source code which is posted here:

MSET-Decompiler/JohnCena.MSet at master · PlumberTaskForce/MSET-Decompiler · GitHub

Not sure what you mean by obfuscated - while I haven't studied it in detail, it looks like normal c# code to me. I say "normal" and not "simple" since what it is doing is admittedly somewhat complex.

Last edited:

xaos25

Avid Affiliate
It sounds to me like the change in how characters are rendered has made the previous nude trick obsolete. So to achieve our desired result, we will need to either create a costume that looks nude, or trick the game into rendering the base skin instead of what it is doing now. The problem with the former is that creating custom costumes has never been possible because nobody understands how the art files work to create a costume. Can someone more knowledgable comment on the possibility of the latter?

Daedalus

Content Creator
Maybe we need to do a shoutout to any and all texture modders to see if there's one that's willing to help us out. I've already thought about BlackFireBR, seeing as he did an awesome mod for Black Desert; I shot him a PM but haven't gotten a response yet (and that PM was sent in January :wat:)

Regardie

Avid Affiliate
Are you talking about the source code which is posted here:

MSET-Decompiler/JohnCena.MSet at master · PlumberTaskForce/MSET-Decompiler · GitHub

Not sure what you mean by obfuscated - while I haven't studied it in detail, it looks like normal c# code to me. I say "normal" and not "simple" since what it is doing is admittedly somewhat complex.

No, I did not mean that set of files. That is new to me. I meant a compiled file by a person named eMZi0767 or the like that posted it briefly on the Xentax forum, then took down the link and when I contacted him about it gave me some story about a minecraft server from years ago and someone must have "hacked" him. Unknown to me, someone on the Facepunch forum had managed to get the file before it disappeared and has posted a link to it in the STO model thread, where they mostly use Ninja Ripper to pull ship models from the game for use in other places. That file is obfusicated, making it harder to reverse engineer.

Now I need to download that Github file and see what it is about, and if that could help us in some way.

Edit: It looks like that is the source for the file I have. That might come in handy and explain the lack of knowledge of the file. now I need to check it out.

Last edited:

belechannas

Vivacious Visitor
Edit: It looks like that is the source for the file I have. That might come in handy and explain the lack of knowledge of the file. now I need to check it out.

It looks to me like the original author ("Emzi") is the one who posted the source code under an alias, perhaps to avoid legal exposure. He may have been feeding you a line of obvious BS about being hacked for the same reason.

In this locked Reddit thread started by the JohnCena alias, somebody calls him "Emzi": Bits of good news, we decided to update the conversion tool • r/stobuilds

It seems like having the source code for the de-compiler would be a major step toward creating a re-compiler. But since the MSET format is apparently a sort of compressed container conceptually similar to a zip file, it might include checksums that can be ignored when de-compiling, but that would have to be recomputed (with an a priori unknown algorithm) to create a valid file after modification. If so, there would still be a significant roadblock.

Daedalus

Content Creator
What about Ray Wing's Resorep tool? Can that be used to swap textures?

*EDIT* Does anyone have the texture(s) with the naughty bits so I can see if this will work?

Last edited:

xaos25

Avid Affiliate
Ok, we've got 4 days until the next season rollout. For those of you actively working on textures and costumes, do you hav what you need to be able to crack into S13? If we can get a jump on this season we might be able to get something that works for a while longer without having to be revamped. I will be trying the manual installation process listed on pg67 with yesterday's update this morning.

Natek

Potential Patron
"has posted a link to it in the STO model thread, where they mostly use Ninja Ripper to pull ship models from the game for use in other places."

Could you please link me to that thread? It might be one ive not seen before and they might be able to help me with my ship animation changes.

LordMaggot

Swell Supporter
Hmmmm
After running The latest Escalation Season
The mod doesn't seem to work at all....
I've even tried safe mode
with low res textures

It's dead, Jim.

Daedalus

Content Creator
Hmmmm
After running The latest Escalation Season
The mod doesn't seem to work at all....
I've even tried safe mode
with low res textures

It's dead, Jim.
Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor not an undertaker!
The mod isn't dead .... more along the lines of 'severely crippled'. Regardie, Belechannas, Poplan, and others have been hard at work to revamp it. So far we've got the following back: boobs increase, jiggle and headshots (which work with the new season 13 release, btw). You'll need to got back a few pages for the downloads.
The biggest hurdle is and remains nude textures.

Agentflash18462

Potential Patron
The mod isn't dead .... more along the lines of 'severely crippled'. Regardie, Belechannas, Poplan, and others have been hard at work to revamp it. So far we've got the following back: boobs increase, jiggle and headshots (which work with the new season 13 release, btw). You'll need to got back a few pages for the downloads.
is there a post with the increase breast size and jiggle files? and if there is could you post a link?

LordMaggot

Swell Supporter

Jiggle and Big Boobs aside....It is, after all, supposed to be a NUDE MOD. A nude mod without nudes is just kinda lying there flat-lined on the biobed, Jim.

I'm just saying.

Maggot

xaos25

Avid Affiliate
is there a post with the increase breast size and jiggle files? and if there is could you post a link?
They are one page back on pg 67. Scroll through from the bottom up and you'll find the most recent.

I, for one, usually played with just these and not the full nude mod, so I'm quite pleased even with the extra steps to get things working. I have faith that those working on finding a new way to nude STO will be successful.

Agentflash18462

Potential Patron
They are one page back on pg 67. Scroll through from the bottom up and you'll find the most recent.

I, for one, usually played with just these and not the full nude mod, so I'm quite pleased even with the extra steps to get things working. I have faith that those working on finding a new way to nude STO will be successful.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.